should I disclose my warning tickets and one $125 speeding ticket?

onthesky

Registered Users (C)
all, I did not disclose my two warnings and one $125 speeding ticket in the application. Should I update the info to the IO when I have my interview? Thanx.

all, I did not disclose my two warnings and one $125 speeding ticket in the application. Should I update the info to the IO when I have my interview? Thanx.

Do not disclose warnings. Warning may not even have records and you
will be in dillema in case IOs want to see documents.

Any way is a gamble. Many say traffic tickets are not big deal so it will not delay you ifyou disclose them. Many others say who knows andit may very likely delay you and they insist if they are not a big deal not disclosing them
is not a big deal either so why bother.

Thanks for the advise. Does that mean that I can say "no" when the officer ask me to confirm the question "have you even been stopped by an police officer?"?

Thanks for the advise. Does that mean that I can say "no" when the officer ask me to confirm the question "have you even been stopped by an police officer?"?

If you have been cited by a police officer(received a written citation/ticket), you should disclose it, not for just being stopped by an officer. A warning does not constitute a citation and therefore need not be disclosed.

i attended the interview yesterday -- the IO didn't ask about any question abt tickets :)
( I had one ticket for $279 in 2001 which I paid -- $100 settled in court -- i had online proof to show to him , I thought if he askes me, I can tell the truth -- anyway he didn't ask at all)

see my expereince in Wash,DC post --

Let them know the tickets you have, DON'T tell them about warnings. Any tickets you have make sure you have a copy of the receipt showing you paid it. They might ask you, sometimes they don't but you want to be safe in case they do you have all the documents to back up your citation.

Warnings that were only VERBAL but no recording of event like an actual ticket is a headache to report because there is no way to prove it or show that you paid the fine. Someone here reported the same on his application and now he is having a tough time with the state agencies because there is no record of it and the IO doesn't believe him. So verbal warnings is not a good idea to report. That's my personal opinion.

thanks. does that mean I need to let them know the one for $125?

Well, you have to answer "yes" to ever having had a citation. If you do not put anything in the list they are going to ask you what the citation was for. Then you will need to prove it is paid.

Go to the court and get a certified copy of the disposition.

Warnings that were only VERBAL but no recording of event like an actual ticket

In a lot of States they write a warning up like a ticket so they have a record of it. If you are stopped for speeding and they run your license and see you had a warning last week, it will be a ticket this time. :D

According to the publication "A Guide to Naturalization", M-476 on page 25:
"If you have been arrested or convicted of a
crime, you must send a certified copy of the
arrest report, court disposition, sentencing,
and any other relevant documents, including
any countervailing evidence concerning
the circumstances of your arrest and/or
conviction that you would like USCIS to
consider. Note that unless a traffic incident
was alcohol or drug related, you do not need
to submit documentation for traffic fines and
incidents that did not involve an actual arrest
if the only penalty was a fine of less than
$500 and/or points on your driver’s license.
"

It won't let me post the link..

That is pretty much worthless Jennifer since a lot of people here have been asked for proof of payment/receipt for traffic tickets so it is better to be safe than sorry. This guy here I can't remember who now was given a hard time for a "warning" receipt of payment so I don't know what to tell you it all depends on the officer that interviews you and he had for breakfast that morning haha. Good Luck!