Should I Chnage the current Employer?

deenig2

Registered Users (C)
I would seek your expert opinion on the following case that I have.

This is my completion of 7th year in US, Started with my emplyoment in Feb2003, My Green Card processing was done with Labour Substitution - From VSC.- Employer is in NH and the original LC was filed from NH for person XYZ. LC App stated salary of USD45,000. My new /current salary is around 95, 000.

140 --->May 2003 Approved in 2 months time.
485 ---->July 2003. ( Cuncurrent filling )
EAD recd in MAR 2004.
I DO NOT have the COPY of Labour Substituted. ( I forgot to keep the copy )
I DO NOT have the 140 receipt/Approval ( It is with Employer - I', trusting on his word about 140 approval.)
INDIAN Ctizen.
FP NO notice as of now.

My project is ending in JUN, and I have received an offer from different employer for a FT position. I work now in VA, and new offer in MD.

Should I take the RISK of leaving the Current Employer and join the new employer. This is not my first choice, but my project is ending in JUNE and I do not have any other offer apart from this one.

What is your opinion.? What are the potential risk I may fall under, what could be the solutions. What kind of support would I might be needing from Current / new employers if the Query comes in?

Regards..

deenig2 said:
I would seek your expert opinion on the following case that I have.

This is my completion of 7th year in US, Started with my emplyoment in Feb2003, My Green Card processing was done with Labour Substitution - From VSC.- Employer is in NH and the original LC was filed from NH for person XYZ. LC App stated salary of USD45,000. My new /current salary is around 95, 000.

140 --->May 2003 Approved in 2 months time.
485 ---->July 2003. ( Cuncurrent filling )

------ You will be eligible to use AC21 or change employer after I-485 hits 180 daysEAD recd in MAR 2004.
I DO NOT have the COPY of Labour Substituted. ( I forgot to keep the copy )
---better if you can ask the copy OR file FOIA (read the thread related to FOIA)
I DO NOT have the 140 receipt/Approval ( It is with Employer - I', trusting on his word about 140 approval.)
---- you can ask the I-140 filing reciept or I-140 approval copy or Use FOIA
also get I-485 filing reciept

INDIAN Ctizen.
FP NO notice as of now.

My project is ending in JUN, and I have received an offer from different employer for a FT position. I work now in VA, and new offer in MD.
------- better get the above reciepts from lawyer or employer as you are still with him and no need to inform that you are thinking of change.
Should I take the RISK of leaving the Current Employer and join the new employer. This is not my first choice, but my project is ending in JUNE and I do not have any other offer apart from this one.
---Think of changing only after I-485 hits 180 days
What is your opinion.? What are the potential risk I may fall under, what could be the solutions.
What kind of support would I might be needing from Current / new employers if the Query comes in?
---New employer should be ready to give you letter for you to USE AC21 and be ready to write the same skiils, job duty as on approved LC and he should be ready to give you any company related tax documents to show that employer can pay ( USCIS may ask for thease documents from new company to check ability to pay.
Once you move to new address , update your address on pending I-485, better hire your lawyer or use new company lawyer so that if any RFE for I-485 it will come to your new lawyer and fill up G28 with lawyer and let him inform the USCIS with your I-485 filing reciept copy that he represent you
also do the below if move or change address:
1 file form AR11 for address change
2 update NCSC on 18003755283, your new address, provide them your ,WAC,EAC or LIN # of I-485 and reciept # of any pending petitions with service center, provide the receipt#, your name, DOB, A#( A# is on I-485 filing reciept)
3 write letter to service center for address change on your I-485( if you have spouse I-485 pending He/she also need to change address on her/his I-485) or any pending petition with them provide your past and NEW address, attach I-485 receipt copy, write your name, DOB, A# on cover letter. Send the letter to your service center with certified return receipt and out side the envelope write in big bold letters ATTENTION: ADDRESS CHANGE
*** do the all 1,2,3

Regards..