should I apply visit visa with or separately from husband

futuredentist

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone.

I am in a situation where my husband and I need to visit the States to see my family. Which of the two scenarios would lead to the most successful outcome:

1. I have been in the US on Student and Visit visas several times. Now I am in Vancouver, Canada and thinking of applying for a visit visa to US. My husband is in UAE. Should I apply for my visa from Vancouver and my husband apply separately from UAE US consulate? OR,

2. Would it be better that both myself and him apply for the visa at the same time together at the UAE consulate. The reason for thinking this way is since I have been approved several times before, have never overstayed and am a permanent resident of Canada employed here, it is very likely they will grant me the visa, so it may strenghten my husband's application (my husband having never traveled to the US and being an Indian citizen, is not yet a Canadian Permanent resident) if we apply together from UAE or is this just my imagination?

Looking forward to your suggestions,
catchmehere44

If you can apply in UAE than that will be better, As far as i know you can only apply for a Visa in a US Embassy/Consulate if you are a resident or Citizen in that country. Showing up together will ensure that its a valid marriage and with his Canadian residency pending he is less likely to return then staying in US.

Last edited by a moderator:
A1: If you are currently living in Canada, apply in Canada. If currently living in UAE, apply there.
A2: See above.

1. I have been in the US on Student and Visit visas several times. Now I am in Vancouver, Canada and thinking of applying for a visit visa to US. My husband is in UAE. Should I apply for my visa from Vancouver and my husband apply separately from UAE US consulate? OR,

2. Would it be better that both myself and him apply for the visa at the same time together at the UAE consulate. The reason for thinking this way is since I have been approved several times before, have never overstayed and am a permanent resident of Canada employed here, it is very likely they will grant me the visa, so it may strenghten my husband's application (my husband having never traveled to the US and being an Indian citizen, is not yet a Canadian Permanent resident) if we apply together from UAE or is this just my imagination?

Carry the proof that Canadian Residency has been applied, although I still think your presence will make a positive difference on his case, carry your Resident Card and Marriage papers as additional proof.