Short Trips outside of USA

virtuoso

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

The description of my job has changed recently and I am required to take short trips (no longer than 4 weeks at a stretch) outside of USA. These trips are mostly to Europe, Canada and South America.

I am still employed by the US entity and I am paid my US salary. For the short trips, I am only reimbursed, my traveling expenses. The T&E is based on actuals and not on per-diem. I have my residence in USA.

Some times, I have might have to take a trip outside of USA for a few weeks and stay in USA for a couple of weeks, before heading out again on a short trip.

I have had my GC for more than 2 years now.

My questions

1. Will the duration of short trips have to be subtracted out of the total stay requirement when applying for citizenship?

2. Will the short trips have any issues with my greencard and subsequently, when I apply for my citizenship?

Many Thanks
-V

virtuoso said:
Hi All,

The description of my job has changed recently and I am required to take short trips (no longer than 4 weeks at a stretch) outside of USA. These trips are mostly to Europe, Canada and South America.

I am still employed by the US entity and I am paid my US salary. For the short trips, I am only reimbursed, my traveling expenses. The T&E is based on actuals and not on per-diem. I have my residence in USA.

Some times, I have might have to take a trip outside of USA for a few weeks and stay in USA for a couple of weeks, before heading out again on a short trip.

I have had my GC for more than 2 years now.

My questions

1. Will the duration of short trips have to be subtracted out of the total stay requirement when applying for citizenship?
------------NO, if trip is less than 6 months
2. Will the short trips have any issues with my greencard and subsequently, when I apply for my citizenship?
------------no, keep filing the US tax
Many Thanks
-V