Short trip out of country during 3 months before applying and after

truedesi

Registered Users (C)
I plan to apply Mar 18th based on 3 months before completing 5 years on GC.

I am planning to make a trip out of country for 2 weeks in Feb and also make a couple of 2-3 weeks trip outside US after applying for US citizenship.

Does it have any impact on my application?
Do I have to be physically present in US during 3 months before applying?

Gurus, I was hoping no impact, please advise.

Enjoy your trips, just keep a good record of the travel dates, you will need those at the interview.

kudos to you guys and this forum... gives you so much peace to have every tiny material or immaterial doubt clarified and confirmed and reconfirmed and reconfirmed....

You do need to be in the US for the biometric appointment, and often the appointments are given with barely one week's notice. So be careful of taking trips before the biometrics are done. Have somebody check your mailbox regularly so you'll know if any appointment is set for a date when you are gone.

You do need to be in the US for the biometric appointment, and often the appointments are given with barely one week's notice. So be careful of taking trips before the biometrics are done. Have somebody check your mailbox regularly so you'll know if any appointment is set for a date when you are gone.

what is this biometric appointment? and when does that happen? before or after fingerprinting?