SFO (San Francisco Airport) I94 duration

whorl1quote

Registered Users (C)
Can I take a poll of I94 duration/time that SFO grants these days? Please also let us know if you are coming alone or with a child or as a family etc.

I heard that it could be without a date on I94 so that would mean 6 months. Did someone get a date or get something less than 6 months?

Would the officer come to an alert of a mother with a child coming to visit their relatives?

There is no way to predict this.

Usually people are granted a 6 month stay but if the officer suspects something wrong or believes that the purpose of visit requires less time they stamp accordingly.

Sometimes(rarely) you get VO's who might give short stay just for the heck of it.

Is it a good idea get a return tickets that's close to six months? then the officier will have to give me 6 months stamp?

will it be a problem if the return ticket is open?

My in-laws landed at SFO airport last week. My FIL(Father In Law) was granted only 3 months in I-94 whereas my MIL was granted 6 months in I-94. I'm planning to apply extension of stay for my FIL. Anybody with such experience. Please share it here.
Thanks,
CAPDJUL2002

My only experience at SFO was back in 2000 when I was not a US resident. I was using my Canadian passport. No I-94 was issued, but my passport was scanned and returned. That translates to the default six month entry.

Since your FIL was given a "restricted" I-94, I would think twice before applying for an extension. It seems the POE inspector was not willing to grant your FIL six months for some reason, but your MIL was granted six months. Perhaps the POE inspector was not satisfied with the conversation he had with your FIL about his intentions, and did not feel comfortable with granting six months. The inspector may have added additional notes into the "system". This "system" will be queried if an extention is filed. I am not saying that the extension will surely be denied, but may be scrutinized more than normal. The decision is yours at the end of the day. Good luck!!!

My FIL(Father In Law) was granted only 3 months in I-94 whereas my MIL was granted 6 months in I-94. I'm planning to apply extension of stay for my FIL. Anybody with such experience. Please share it here.
Thanks,
CAPDJUL2002

Is it a good idea get a return tickets that's close to six months? then the officier will have to give me 6 months stamp?

will it be a problem if the return ticket is open?

hi, i'm curious to know the answer to this too. if i purchase a ticket closer to six months, does that somehow give me a better chance at getting a 6 month length of stay?

The officer does not HAVE to do anything.

They do not care about when your return tickets are for, more so, you have definite plans to return back home.

Your tickets and their return date really make no difference. What the POE inspector asks you and what you answer will be the key. Good luck!!!

hi, i'm curious to know the answer to this too. if i purchase a ticket closer to six months, does that somehow give me a better chance at getting a 6 month length of stay?