SFO DOL - To track Auto remand Cases!!

But I agree with you this is not a FIFO, Phily is infact to a certain extend following the FIFO.
We can't do anything about it, we have waited for so long, hang in there buddy.
All we can hope is that Dallas SWA queue would wake up someday and approve our cases, and hoepfully we woudl get a slight advantage in the next phases.
I think a timeframe till the year end is what we should have in mind.[/QUOTE]

~~~~~~~

Frankly speaking, I couldnt take it anymore. I feel very bad about my helpless state .....I am not sure why I am taking this..

Thanks for your encouraging word thou..

Thats what I am expecting from this forum...looks like most of them gave up or dint not have anything to share with us :mad:

I don't know if it makes u feel better, but try to think of a day when we will be free. :)
This certainly has been a very long and exhaustive wait, but one day soon it will be over.
We have suffered for so long, just bear with it for few more days.
My 6 years of H1 end march 2006, and I have already started working on backup plans:
- applied for canadian PR (I know noone wants to go there, just in case).
- save money
- make contacts here and in India, in case I need to go.
- prepare family members mentally that we might head back home
- do all that I ever wanted to do here, see all places I wanted to see.
- get good experience

Cheer up, despite all the approvals people are reporting, I have a feeling that FIFO will kick in pretty soon. If they keep saying FIFO again and again, the might mean it. If it ever does we should be the first to expect something.
And if u look at teh current retrogression we have some advantage there.
Also, since our PDs are so much earlier 140 and 485 should be super fast.
In any case we will have a clear idea in next 3-4 months, which is less than 10% of the wait time till now! :)
We did see some people getting Temp cases, that 's the first step. Don't give up, we are very close.

I am not sure if I am reposting it, I found this in Calif Sesa forum

Old 27th May 2005, 01:40 AM

Got Reply with temp case#
Hi,
I got reply from dallas backlog center for my rir to non-rir remanded case in california. Here is the reply I got for my mail to them few days back:

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: T-05140-*****

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

PD : 08/21/2001 (RIR CA)
RD : 07/08/2002
Remanded to SWA CA as non-rir : 07/10/2003
No 45-days letter recieved
151-032

I tried to be optimistic, but I just can't bear it anymore. Will switch a company
and start PERM asap. The last four year was really a sad experience.

PD 12/2001
CA RD 11/2002
Remanded 04/2004
No update after that...

pineyan said:
I tried to be optimistic, but I just can't bear it anymore. Will switch a company
and start PERM asap. The last four year was really a sad experience.

PD 12/2001
CA RD 11/2002
Remanded 04/2004
No update after that...

Its wierd, I didnt know that cases were remanded even in 2004 also!!

06/02/2005: Clogged Foreign Labor Certification System Without Light at End of Tunnel

Days_go_by said:
I don't know if it makes u feel better, but try to think of a day when we will be free. :)
This certainly has been a very long and exhaustive wait, but one day soon it will be over.
We have suffered for so long, just bear with it for few more days.
My 6 years of H1 end march 2006, and I have already started working on backup plans:
- applied for canadian PR (I know noone wants to go there, just in case).
- save money
- make contacts here and in India, in case I need to go.
- prepare family members mentally that we might head back home
- do all that I ever wanted to do here, see all places I wanted to see.
- get good experience

Cheer up, despite all the approvals people are reporting, I have a feeling that FIFO will kick in pretty soon. If they keep saying FIFO again and again, the might mean it. If it ever does we should be the first to expect something.
And if u look at teh current retrogression we have some advantage there.
Also, since our PDs are so much earlier 140 and 485 should be super fast.
In any case we will have a clear idea in next 3-4 months, which is less than 10% of the wait time till now! :)
We did see some people getting Temp cases, that 's the first step. Don't give up, we are very close.

Thanks for you reply and ecouraging words..I really appreciate it!!

If you read "Clogged Foreign Labor Certification System Without Light at End of Tunnel " article in WWW.Immigration-law.com its even more bleak.......

You are right I think we should be mentally prepared and Ignore this for now and concentrate in our work. Whatever happens.........will happen.

I dont think it help us any way in spending our time like this..

I wish the very best to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the article, I don't feel so bad about it, at least this time we are not the only ones getting screwed, a lot of people are getting affected, so maybe they will realize how messy the situation is.
If this country doesn't think they need us, we can't do anything about it, we just have to do the best of what we have.
It's amazing how mismanaged this whole project is, but what can u expect from this govt. They think anyone who is not citizen is their enemy, we should have quit our jobs and joined other companies in 2002-2003 or so, that was our best bet. A lot of my friends who filed around that peiord already got thier GCs. I did think about it, had a job in my hand, but then chicago picked up and my company agreed to file for me thru chicago. When they filed thru chicago, chicago tanked!
Now I asked my company and another company to file thru PERM, both the lawyers were too scared to do anything about it.
So, they came out with the news that only half of the cases have been entered, and they are blaming the states that states didn't send them the boxes in order? what an excuse, and there is no way they would be done with data entry by sep. My only hope is that since our PDs are so early we would be picked up soon. If nothing works out by this year end, I would very seriously consider going back. Not worth sacrificing my and wife's career. We have decent options back home, and just in case I don't like it there, I have Canadian PR in line, I should get those papers by this year end.

some action on remanded case.

This one is post form one of the dallas tracking thread.

If this is from CA we might all might see some action soon.

anthurium said:
My case:

PD: June 2001
45 day letter: 6/8/2005.

It was originally filed in RIR, got denied and do NR processing. My attorney told me they require my employer to do a "supervised recruitment". Not sure how long it'll take. Any one has similiar experience?

smbarge said:
This one is post form one of the dallas tracking thread.

If this is from CA we might all might see some action soon.

CA Auto remand - Did we ever get ONE 45-day lettter for sure??

Also, what does "supervised recuritement" means. Traditionally how long it will take when we get this kind of request?

The case that needs supervised recruitment is indeed one of the CA remanded cases. Please check the "Dallas Tracker thread" for the original post by anthurium

goodphysq said:
CA Auto remand - Did we ever get ONE 45-day lettter for sure??

Also, what does "supervised recuritement" means. Traditionally how long it will take when we get this kind of request?

where is my 45 days letter

Hi,
Please comment on my case, I haven't received any 45 days letter.
Just waiting.

cal97 said:
The case that needs supervised recruitment is indeed one of the CA remanded cases. Please check the "Dallas Tracker thread" for the original post by anthurium

There are tons are forums out there!! Could you please give me the link?

Thanks!

Still waiting for 45-days letter

This is the reply I received from my attorney when asked about 45-days letter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have not yet received BPC letters for many **********(company name) remanded cases. It is our understanding that approximately half of all cases transferred to the BPC have been entered into the system and BPC letters issued. We expect that all cases will be entered into the system within the next few months and that a processing time report will become available. We will let you know as soon as we have more information.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That means, they are getting 45-day letters for remanded cases, but I don't the percentage or dates etc.

Thanks!

=======================================
Dallas BEC Case#: T-05140-30***
PD : 08/21/2001 (RIR CA)
RD : 07/08/2002
Remanded to SWA CA as non-rir : 07/10/2003
No 45-days letter recieved
151-032

Please folks if you have CA Autor remand cases please share it with us

cal97 said:
Hope this link works. The exact thread is "Dallas BEC Approval Queue Tracker"
Look for posts by "anthurium."
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1170266&postcount=275

Thanks Cal97!

Its really wierd we got only one 45-day letter response so far. When most of our PD fall in the same time line....atleast with in weeks.

Not sure how "Anthurium" got response. Its a good sign but wondering how come only one response so far! May be folks gave up and not sharing the info with us or information may be shattered in diff threads.

Please folks if you have CA Autor remand cases please share it with us. This will help us in knowing the trend.

goodphysq said:
Thanks Cal97!

Its really wierd we got only one 45-day letter response so far. When most of our PD fall in the same time line....atleast with in weeks.

Not sure how "Anthurium" got response. Its a good sign but wondering how come only one response so far! May be folks gave up and not sharing the info with us or information may be shattered in diff threads.

Please folks if you have CA Autor remand cases please share it with us. This will help us in knowing the trend.

hi goodphysq,

This post explains why this case may have been processed earlier. In anycase it was a remanded case be it because of a court order or auto-remanded and it is expected that the BEC follows FIFO and processes cases by their P.D. Hope that we hear something about our cases too.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1173134&postcount=286

Attorney receiving 45-day letters

My attorney just called me and was saying that they are getting letters for remanded cases. She was saying that they received 3 letters yesterday for the remanded cases, which are around april and may 2001.

Thanks

waiting forLC said:
My attorney just called me and was saying that they are getting letters for remanded cases. She was saying that they received 3 letters yesterday for the remanded cases, which are around april and may 2001.

Thanks

Thats a positive news!!

my only concern is, we havent got any news from members within this forum!

Please sign up.

Legal immigration matters too. We have a life too.
Lets get a voice now !!

Please sign up, 5 minutes of your time could help eliminate or reduce months or years or waiting in BPC's.

Write to the Senator

Friends,
As you know Mockery and Spidey are leading the effort to generate awareness among Senators etc, we should help them. I was also looking around Senatory Dianne Feinstein's site and found a link:
http://feinstein.senate.gov/privacy_form.html
there is a form at the very top, for immigration enquiries. We should all fill it out and write them a letter to look into our cases.
There is no harm it trying, there is a limit to patience, we will keep looking while they will run thru later cases.
At least on this point of not following the FIFO, we can generate some sympathy from the senator and get some answers from BEC. Phily seems to be following a FIFO, while Dallas is simply creating confusion and not following any pattern.
Nothing to loose my friends, let's give it a shot, 10-15 min work.
Good luck,
Days go by