SFO DOL - To track Auto remand Cases!!

My case is still alive

Friends,
after 2 weeks i got reply from DLFC.

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: D-XXXXXXXXX

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

Sincerely,

DFLC Backlog Processing Center

Please note what the above letter says: "once" the data entry process is "completed" a 45 day letter will be issued to "all" applications

Please can you let me know what information needs to be sent to the Dallas BEC. I remember my case number from SFO DOL.

Thanks!

Days_go_by said:
Friends,
after 2 weeks i got reply from DLFC.

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: D-XXXXXXXXX

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

Sincerely,

DFLC Backlog Processing Center

Please note what the above letter says: "once" the data entry process is "completed" a 45 day letter will be issued to "all" applications

This is what i had sent:
I didn't have my SWA case #, as long as u provide them enuff info they will reply, I think.

Employer : XXXX
Name: XXXX
Address : XXXX
Case # :XXXX
DOT Code : XXXX
PD: XXXX
Received Regional Office: 02/04/2002

Thank You.

Days_go_by said:
This is what i had sent:
I didn't have my SWA case #, as long as u provide them enuff info they will reply, I think.

Days_go_by said:
This is what i had sent:

Thank you, is you Case # starting with WAC-XXX?

cice

no I had my DOL case #, my case was remanded back to state. I used the DOL number I had before I got remanaded.

My details

RIR-NonRIR
CA-SWA
PD: Feb 2002
Remanded : July 2004 by Employer choice after 3 option letter.

No info after remanded to state in regular queue

Its actually amazing and amusing that not a single remanded case has got 45 days letter yet, although these are prolly the oldest cases in the queue.

Its not at all amusing actually :(

In fact, I have a doubt about this BRC process with respect to how the remanded cases will be processed.

For example, my RIR labor was filed in Sep 2001 and remanded back to state in Apr 2004. So, when BRC picks up the cases, will they pick them up according to the original date or the remanded date?

Looking from the delay in getting 45 day letters, I am dreading the fact that they may be processed according to the remanded date. If thats the case, we are looking at more than 6 years in labor itself.

Any gurus have insights on this?

no, we still maintain our original PD. This is what my lawyer had also told at the time of remand. I didn't care about it much at that time, since all dates were current, but now it might matter. But we are in non-rir process even though we had filed in rir. When our cases would be picked up is a mystery. From what I understand we are not going to hear anything (45 day letter) anytime soon. Maybe after 4-8 months (end of summer, as per my lawyer and BEC status email) , and maybe cases would be processed "soon" after that. Just because we have suffered so much and for so long, noone is going to process our cases any faster. I know it hurts and seems unfair, but we should be used to it by now. Don't expect anything till end of this year.

I have one more question. If and when our cases come up for processing, can we change the requirements for the position. Since my case is remanded to state, now its a Non RIR application. The original requirement says MS+0, but can I now change it to MS+6months when supervised recruitment starts?I have MS+5 years experience but only MS+6months before my current job.

Please let me know about this and the process if possible.

Days_go_by said:
no, we still maintain our original PD. This is what my lawyer had also told at the time of remand. I didn't care about it much at that time, since all dates were current, but now it might matter. But we are in non-rir process even though we had filed in rir. When our cases would be picked up is a mystery. From what I understand we are not going to hear anything (45 day letter) anytime soon. Maybe after 4-8 months (end of summer, as per my lawyer and BEC status email) , and maybe cases would be processed "soon" after that. Just because we have suffered so much and for so long, noone is going to process our cases any faster. I know it hurts and seems unfair, but we should be used to it by now. Don't expect anything till end of this year.

I agree with days_go_by i think data entry itself might take another 4-5 mons and BRC have to pull our applications for processing (considering the number of applications filled on Apr 2001) I am not anticpating any reponse until end of this year.

I dont have any more energy left in me to follow this twists and turns with our LC processing :mad:

Gurus, any takers for this question?

gkmhan said:
I have one more question. If and when our cases come up for processing, can we change the requirements for the position. Since my case is remanded to state, now its a Non RIR application. The original requirement says MS+0, but can I now change it to MS+6months when supervised recruitment starts?I have MS+5 years experience but only MS+6months before my current job.

Please let me know about this and the process if possible.

Action?

Friends,
I do not know how you are feeling about it, but should we not do something about the current situation. I was meeting a friend last week and he mentioned that some of his friends were in similar siutation, waited for 4-5 years for labor nothing happened and then they wrote a letter to local congressmen. Their requests were received, acknowledged. Their cases were promptly followed up with, status reported regularily and were approved soon.
I think we have a case now, we have been getting screwed all the time, cause of DOL's unfair policies.
-our cases were filed in May-Oct 2001, economic conditions at that time were different than when our cases were picked and remanded without any option.
-MS +6 months requirement/caluse was added later, after our cases were filed, even though some of us had that much experience we did not report it at the time of filing.
-Cases (with similar requirements) filed a few months b4 us got their GC 2-3 yrs back. Cases (with similar requirements) filed after us have received GCs, but we have been stuck ever since. How is the fair? DOL does not have a consistent policy for judging the cases.
-Even at the BECs we cannot expect that our cases would be picked up anytime soon caues even though we have one of the earliest PDs we are not in non rir queue though we had filed in RIR originally. Again people who filed later with similar requirements will get their GC earlier.
How do u feel about doing something about it? People in other forums are writing to Secretary of DOL and other politicians etc. Apart from contributing to those efforts we need to do something now. What are our options
-we should all write a plea to local politicians/DOL chiefs.
-consider filing a lawsuit, though we do not have much chance, but if we can get 5-10 people and collect some money and file a lawsuit, there is some hope, maybe there would be a push to our cases. DOL/SWA/BEC has just forgotten about our cases conveniently. We need to wake them up somehow.
We don't need to win that lawsuit, I think just filing it could make some difference and open a few eyes. Also, once we file it, we could get more momemtum from other people.
Let me know what you guys think? should we just continue to suffer without making an effort? my lawyers like many others are inept and useless. They just know how to fill forms, i don't think they or DOL/BEC or anyone would do anything.
Am I right to assume that most of us in and around Bay Area? Should we get together sometime and take some action?

regards,

Action!!!!

Hi,

I am ready to join in. Lets take some action now! Its really been frustating and we need to take concrete steps. So lets all join together and make some noises, Maybe then somebody will hear us.

-FDD

Friends,
I do not know how you are feeling about it, but should we not do something about the current situation. I was meeting a friend last week and he mentioned that some of his friends were in similar siutation, waited for 4-5 years for labor nothing happened and then they wrote a letter to local congressmen. Their requests were received, acknowledged. Their cases were promptly followed up with, status reported regularily and were approved soon.
I think we have a case now, we have been getting screwed all the time, cause of DOL's unfair policies.
-our cases were filed in May-Oct 2001, economic conditions at that time were different than when our cases were picked and remanded without any option.
-MS +6 months requirement/caluse was added later, after our cases were filed, even though some of us had that much experience we did not report it at the time of filing.
-Cases (with similar requirements) filed a few months b4 us got their GC 2-3 yrs back. Cases (with similar requirements) filed after us have received GCs, but we have been stuck ever since. How is the fair? DOL does not have a consistent policy for judging the cases.
-Even at the BECs we cannot expect that our cases would be picked up anytime soon caues even though we have one of the earliest PDs we are not in non rir queue though we had filed in RIR originally. Again people who filed later with similar requirements will get their GC earlier.
How do u feel about doing something about it? People in other forums are writing to Secretary of DOL and other politicians etc. Apart from contributing to those efforts we need to do something now. What are our options
-consider filing a lawsuit, though we do not have much chance, but if we can get 5-10 people and collect some money and file a lawsuit, there is some hope, maybe there would be a push to our cases. DOL/SWA/BEC has just forgotten about our cases conveniently. We need to wake them up somehow.
We don't need to win that lawsuit, I think just filing it could make some difference and open a few e
yes. Also, once we file it, we could get more momemtum from other people.
Let me know what you guys think? should we just continue to suffer without making an effort? my lawyers like many others are inept and useless. They just know how to fill forms, i don't think they or DOL/BEC or anyone would do anything.
Am I right to assume that most of us in and around Bay Area? Should we get together sometime and take some action?

regards,

Following is my case details :

Filed under EB2 RIR (BS with 5 years of progressive post BS experience)

08/03/2001 : LC Filed Date
08/06/2001 : CA SESA/SWA Priority Date
09/07/2001 : Received Acknowledgment Notice from SESA
05/17/2002 : Received Transmittal Notice of RIR to DOL
05/01/2003 : Received Request for Evidence Notice/NOF
05/14/2003 : RIR remanded to traditional labor certification

Still haven't heard back after that.... The pain is growing because the company I work for has been constantly loosing money every quarter and might not last more than Six months.

I hope against hope for a Miracle!

Days_go_by,

I did mail the senator in sfo now I don't remeber whom (it's been that long) a couple months after my case got remanded. I never got a response. I don't think making noise helps. There were quite a few times that people wrote letters and then nothing ............. Sorry for being terse here but lets face the reality. For any politician we mean nothing, if not us they can get some other people on H-1's. Though having said the above I still would be a part of anything that you guys want to do. I guess most of the folks on this thread are from California. I think Nancy Pelosi (did I get her name right ?) is some kind of an influential leader. Want to give it a shot ? I'll work on getting the draft ready.

Thanks!

Days_go_by said:
Friends,
We don't need to win that lawsuit, I think just filing it could make some difference and open a few eyes. Also, once we file it, we could get more momemtum from other people.

regards,

Why my lawyer doesn't take actions

Hi! My case is as below.

CA RIR EB3
PD 09/2001
RD 08/2002
Remanded to SWA 06/2003
and .............. :mad:

I sent e-mail BRC and I got a e-mail today . They said they can't tell anything about my case .

I am afraid why my lawyer doesn't ask about my case to BRC .

Please let me know what's new on my simillar case .

I am with you guys...

Hi,

Lets do something on our cases . Yes I am from bayarea.

Filed RIR : Feb 2002
Remanded to state Non-RIR: July 2004