SFO DOL - To track Auto remand Cases!!

This is from the DOL website, read the same in one of the DOL threads. The auto remanded cases should be in one of the BEC's. Since there has been a retrogression for "Other Workers" which as explained are the cases that need no experience. Please can someone confirm if the auto-remanded cases would fall under the "Other Workers" category ?

Phase Local Office Receipt Date Date Due to Center
1 Prior to January 2003 Completed On 12-31-04
2 2003 to 2004 No Later Than 03-31-05
3 2005 No Later Than 04-22-05

cal97 said:
This is from the DOL website, read the same in one of the DOL threads. The auto remanded cases should be in one of the BEC's. Since there has been a retrogression for "Other Workers" which as explained are the cases that need no experience. Please can someone confirm if the auto-remanded cases would fall under the "Other Workers" category ?

Phase Local Office Receipt Date Date Due to Center
1 Prior to January 2003 Completed On 12-31-04
2 2003 to 2004 No Later Than 03-31-05
3 2005 No Later Than 04-22-05

I don't think you'll fall into 'Other Workers' if you orginally filed your case under EB2 or EB3.
I am quite confused with the shipping schedule released by DOL. When it says 'Local Office Receipt Date', does it mean the first receipt date? Then most of us have PD in 2001 and our cases should already be sent to BECs. It doesn't seem to be so. Also how can DOL regulate the shipping schedule for cases sitting at state?

cice

After seeing the shipping schedule I mailed the Dallas BEC, I have pasted the response below:

February 16, 2005

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the
status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: NOT YET ASSIGNED

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division
of
Foreign Labor Certification's Backlog Processing Centers. At this time,
we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor
Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being
transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is
completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications
requesting
additional information from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90
days
after responding to the 45-day letter.

To obtain general information regarding processing dates, please check
the National Office website at
http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/
Sincerely,

DFLC Processing Center

cice said:
I don't think you'll fall into 'Other Workers' if you orginally filed your case under EB2 or EB3.
I am quite confused with the shipping schedule released by DOL. When it says 'Local Office Receipt Date', does it mean the first receipt date? Then most of us have PD in 2001 and our cases should already be sent to BECs. It doesn't seem to be so. Also how can DOL regulate the shipping schedule for cases sitting at state?

cice

Looks like there is not end!!!

cal97 said:
P.D: 9/2001
R.D: 9/2002
Remaded to State : 7/2003

Looks like same as mine...
I am not sure how the whole process works:

When our PD goes all the way back to 2001 but no response yet!!! Instead PD in 2003 started getting 45-day letters. Is this because our application is remanded to non-rir? If so what a pathetic situation we are in :mad:

Looks like there is not end to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goodphysq said:
Looks like same as mine...
I am not sure how the whole process works:

When our PD goes all the way back to 2001 but no response yet!!! Instead PD in 2003 started getting 45-day letters. Is this because our application is remanded to non-rir? If so what a pathetic situation we are in :mad:

Looks like there is not end to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Goodphysq, we can look at the bright side of our cases. People in this forum won't be affected by the immigration visa retrogression like many other folks. We just need to be a little more patient now. Once our LC is cleared, we are all set to the next step.
I doubt if any cases from CA SESA have been shipped to BEC. Most people having received 45 day letters have pending cases in DOL. If you look at the master list, very few SESA pending cases were touched at BECs. Our cases might be the last ones shipped to BECs, no later than March 31st. By then, we really need to watch if they are going to process cases on a strickly FIFO basis on PD, or they are going to look at DOL pending cases first simply because they were shipped out earlier.

Agree with you cice. On the same token it is better to pursue other options. It is sheer bad luck that a few got stuck. Well, lets see whats next in store for us on the immigration front. Hope something good!!

cal97 said:
After seeing the shipping schedule I mailed the Dallas BEC, I have pasted the response below:

February 16, 2005

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the
status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: NOT YET ASSIGNED

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division
of
Foreign Labor Certification's Backlog Processing Centers. At this time,
we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor
Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being
transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is
completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications
requesting
additional information from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90
days
after responding to the 45-day letter.

To obtain general information regarding processing dates, please check
the National Office website at
http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/
Sincerely,

DFLC Processing Center

I recieved the same answer.

cice said:
Hi Goodphysq, we can look at the bright side of our cases. People in this forum won't be affected by the immigration visa retrogression like many other folks. We just need to be a little more patient now. Once our LC is cleared, we are all set to the next step.
I doubt if any cases from CA SESA have been shipped to BEC. Most people having received 45 day letters have pending cases in DOL. If you look at the master list, very few SESA pending cases were touched at BECs. Our cases might be the last ones shipped to BECs, no later than March 31st. By then, we really need to watch if they are going to process cases on a strickly FIFO basis on PD, or they are going to look at DOL pending cases first simply because they were shipped out earlier.

Hi Cice,

Thanks for your encouraging words!!

I think our cases are shipped because we do get response when we sent email query. May be its last in the queue to be entered in the system.

I think we have been patience for enough......its time for our patience to be rewared....but instead looks like it might take another 6-9 mons before we see any results :mad:

hi

Hello all,
I am so relieved to know that I am not the only one stuck in this mire.
I had almost given up on any hope of GC and hence not been contributing to any forum.
Case details:
PD: May 28, 2001
Got Remanded to State, no response since then.
Even though my case was in may I did not get any option letter, I was auto remanded. I was in EB2 and RIR. Following ur responses, I have also sent an email and awaiting response from Dallas BEC.
When my case was remanded my lawyer had told that my original PD would be kept, so that would be May 2001. But since we are in non rir, does the rir cases get processed first?
Hope this nightmare ever ends,
Good job everyone, seems like a light at the end of a very long tunnel.
Regards,
dgb

Any response yet??

:confused: Have anybody got any response from Backlog processing centres???

Here we have a applicant with May2001 PD and still no idea/clue what's happening with his application.....this is really pathetic.

I think we should curse ourself for stlll hoping ....on this whole damn ......... :mad:

Folks out there ......pls stop calling the response letter from Backlog processing centers as Love Letters....its really disgusting..

Love and Love letters are really meant for different purpose...pls dont get confuse out there....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for starting this thread.

Following are my details.

PD: Oct-05-2001
Three option letter: Jan-27-2004
Lawyer recommended to process through Traditional Labor on March-15-2004 based on priority date.

No update since then.

I am hoping that my case along with others in similar situation is with backlog elimination center. I am hoping to get 45 day letter.

Some of the websites mentioned that BECs will be processing the cases based on priority dates, I knida thought that they will pick up the oldest cases first. It seems like that is not the case. People with priority date 2002/2003 seem to have been getting the 45 letter.

It will be nice to know when anybody in similar situation gets the 45 day letter.

A lot of people are in similar situation, but somehow that is not reflected in the responses to this thread.

May be most of them have given up on following on with LC. Its probably too taxing emotionally.

Auto Remand Cases - Pls post here!!

smbarge said:

May be most of them have given up on following on with LC. Its probably too taxing emotionally.

Very true! I think most of us are really fed up with the whole system. Also we are one of the most unlucky folks to go thru this delay and pain. More than 3 years and still counting :mad:

I have not seen any 45-day notices or any kind of response for Auto remand cases (also for 3-option letters).

If anyone have any response/details pls post here!!

Thanks!

no 45 day letter yet

CA SWA PD: 18 Oct 2001
SFO DOL RD: 02 Nov 2002
Remand Back: 22 Nov 2003

No 45 day letter from BEC. Lets keep our hope alive, sharing the pain we feel, we are together in this journey.

Any news on remaned cases??

Days go by....weeks go by...months go by and also years go by......but nothing happens to remanded cases.... :mad:

May be my son when he grew up will sponsor me Green Card..hehehehe....

My case Details :

PD : Aug 2001
RD : June 2002
Remanded back to state ( July 2003 )

I haven't heard anything after that. The frustating thing is that our cases didn't go back to DOL after DOL memo in Nov'2003. We are truly unlucky ones. I think BEC' are sending out letter in LIFO based but as soon as they receive reply , it will make FIFO PD base. It doesn't matter if it's RIR or Non-RIR. However it may take more time to process Non-RIR than RIR but our cases will be processed first in BRC.

LCA - 01 said:
My case Details :

RD : June 2002
Remanded back to state ( July 2003 )

I haven't heard anything after that. The frustating thing is that our cases didn't go back to DOL after DOL memo in Nov'2003. We are truly unlucky ones. I think BEC' are sending out letter in LIFO based but as soon as they receive reply , it will make FIFO PD base. It doesn't matter if it's RIR or Non-RIR. However it may take more time to process Non-RIR than RIR but our cases will be processed first in BRC.

Who know by the time they process our application, they will come with a new stipulation too make sure we all be dead in water.... :mad:

dont mistake me but thats what is happening to us for the past 3 years!!

Still no news on the remanded cases.
RD : May 2002 (SF DOL)
Remanded back to state ( June 2003 )

Dot-code?

farbodf said:
I recieved the same answer.

Farbodf, when you say DOT-CODE, do you refer to the case number at SWA?
Does the remanded case has a DOL number assigned? What's the format of the numbers, how many digits, start with character/number, etc.?

Thanks