SFO center: files not uploaded

keep-balance

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Today I had a peculiar experience. We went to SFO center for getting PP stamp for cases approved on aug 10th and aug17th 2004 but the officer told me that our files have not been loaded into the system and hence we need to come back after a month or so. Our approval was at VSC(vermont) and we were asked to go to SFO(CSC) because we live in bay area.
Any idea what might have happened even though we have the actual approval letters in hand from lawyers.
Any idea what will happen now ? I guess the journey never ends :-(
--

Any idea what next ?

Since I'm stuck with an approved 485 and no PP stamp, what is my status of my visa ? Can I continue to work in H1 status until I get PP stamp ?

1. How long can I continue in H1 status until PP stamp ?
2. When can I apply for plastic card ? the officer did not do anything for us and simply returned us. We had waited for 5 hours in line. Terrible experience.
3. Can I go outside the country without the PP stamp ? The officer returned the EAD/AP saying we have to use them. Did not elaborate what he meant when asked.
4. Can we write to the governor etc ? Whom to write/fax ? which state ? since our case was approved in VSC and we went to CSC-SFO.

Our company lawyer is saying we should go back and ask for the stamp etc and we can even take lawyer with us but there is extra fees (well everybody is waiting to make some money out of this messy things).

Please help
thanks a lot

keep-balance said:
Since I'm stuck with an approved 485 and no PP stamp, what is my status of my visa ? Can I continue to work in H1 status until I get PP stamp ?

1. How long can I continue in H1 status until PP stamp ?
2. When can I apply for plastic card ? the officer did not do anything for us and simply returned us. We had waited for 5 hours in line. Terrible experience.
3. Can I go outside the country without the PP stamp ? The officer returned the EAD/AP saying we have to use them. Did not elaborate what he meant when asked.
4. Can we write to the governor etc ? Whom to write/fax ? which state ? since our case was approved in VSC and we went to CSC-SFO.

Our company lawyer is saying we should go back and ask for the stamp etc and we can even take lawyer with us but there is extra fees (well everybody is waiting to make some money out of this messy things).
---- I will take the lawyer with me and get Stamp
Please help
thanks a lot

Again sent back

I went again and they sent me back. This time I tried to argue but to no avail. The supervisor spoke to us but convinced us that PP stamp without info in their system fully loaded is going to land us in trouble. We came back and planning to go again after a month. The lawyers also cannot guarantee a stamp and I saw one more group of people with lawyers going back after arguing with the supervisor. Very pathetic experience.

Very sad. Maybe some of the vacuum tubes in their 1950s computer system burned out and they are having a hard time finding replacements. Might also explain the weird delay/glitches in processing card orders AFTER stamping for those who stamped in mid-July. Looks like SFO is seriously messed up.

Can I change job at this time ?

Hi,
I have an approved I-485 (approved on 11th Aug 2004) but we did not get our passports stamped becuase the SFO office is saying they don't have our info in their system yet. Now the problem is that I want to change my job or just resign the current job. Is it ok to do that ? Or PP stamping is required to keep the status intact ?

thanks in anticipation