Settlement Memorandum Sent

What happens next

Hello,

Could Rajiv or one of the moderaters kindly provide us with a timeline of what happens next.

I guess it would really help to know exactly what are the next steps and what to expect.

regards
BacklogBlues

Re: What happens next

Originally posted by BacklogBlues
Hello,

Could Rajiv or one of the moderaters kindly provide us with a timeline of what happens next.

I guess it would really help to know exactly what are the next steps and what to expect.

regards
BacklogBlues

CIS has to reply for the original complaint before the end of this month (March). So we'll hear something soon.

end of March. whats next

we were expecting formal response from CIS by EOB March 31.
I guess they havent responded yet. So what our next step from here.

Settlement update ?

Hi,
I am wondering if you have received an answer for the settlement litigation as today was the deadline.
Thanks
baikelai

If the excuse for delays in processing is security checks, then it is totally illogical. If a green card aspirant goes through long delays, then the person is already in the US for anywhere between three and eight years. If an individual is a criminal or a terrorist, then he/she would not wait until getting his/her permanent residence before carrying out a criminal act.

If the USCIS is serious about seurity then they would actually want to process all cases as soon as possible to get terrorists and criminals out of the country.

Mr. Khanna

Is today the last day teh gov. has to reply our original complaint? what if they don't have any response?

I've pointed out the same thing many times. It is the stupidity and beauracy of USCIS that make them say they want careful check of everyone for everything while missing the point of urgency on security check. I am convinced what they really want is NOT to actually catch IMMEDIATELY any security threat. What they want is to make sure is that they donot FALSELY pass any one through the security check.The reason is clear, they got blamed before for this. So bottom line, they care their own ass really more than national security.

Originally posted by Raju Badmash
If the excuse for delays in processing is security checks, then it is totally illogical. If a green card aspirant goes through long delays, then the person is already in the US for anywhere between three and eight years. If an individual is a criminal or a terrorist, then he/she would not wait until getting his/her permanent residence before carrying out a criminal act.

If the USCIS is serious about seurity then they would actually want to process all cases as soon as possible to get terrorists and criminals out of the country.

They did not open dialog

Originally posted by getit
Mr. Khanna,

Did you tell the gov. that our alternative of item 4 of settlement is premium processing for I485? or will you?

Obviously, this adminstration is arrogant enough to think they do not need to speak with or address the problems of the people they serve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: They did not open dialog

Originally posted by operations
Obviously, this adminstration is arrogant enough to think they do not need to speak with or sddress the problems of the people they serve.

I am not an expert, but if visual statistics is presented to the Judge showing exponential increase in pending cases over last three years (graphs etc) and actual additional money spent by all applicants together (renewal of EAD, FP, etc), he may get a better picture of the problem.

Somehow, so many words, long paragraphs in a suit and its replies..., may be Judge does not have any time to research and understand this better on his own.

Govt. is naturally saying there is no problem and nothing has been done against the law, but that is not the issue here. The issue is a service providing agency is not doing its job and is charging clients for its service with no efforts to improve or provide timely service.

There must be some law somewhere to punish such agencies who don't do their job properly and are arrogant enough not to accept that there is a problem or there can be short term solution/relief who are suffering.

Tough posture exposes, the need to hide thier inefficiency

Lets go ahead with the suit, these guys think are not answerable to anybody...they seem to blame the vicitim instead thier own policies.. they probably think all the victims deserve this sort of treatment..I think this situation is better handled with a wise judge..the arrogance should be met with arrogance.. this case will create history quoted in many history books of the future of how mature the leadership of this country is , thier policies, their view of human rights, thier hipocracies...

This case has lot of historic importance for the future, go ahead with full force...

USCIS response

After reading the response, it looks like they are very confident that our allegations have not been taken very seriously by them. They are even saying that we don't know enough to tell them what is right and wrong. They are even counter attacking us by asking for remedies for their costs in this lawsuit.

I think now is the time the road meets the rubber. Lets prove them that its they who have been living in ignorance. I think if we all unite and do our work, justice will surely be on our side. It may take longer than expected but now letssee how the judicial system of this country treats us. We know that the gov and officials have not treated us very well so far.

It's been 4 years when we started immigration process. After so much hassles and ongoing expenses what we now have is a pending application, a good lawyer friend, many sympathetic friends and a large suitcase with tons of papers/application copies/certificates etc. - it has become so heavy now that only I can lift it in our house...my spouse stays away from it...just signs papers we get from my lawyer where indicated... I am planning to get my sign on a rubberstamp now. Life will be easier then... And so far I have never seen anyone taking our immigration pictures in one shot...we like to pose so that's a different story anyways...

And despite of one Advance parole paper, I do land up carrying a briefcase with all my paperwork to India and back. Needlessto say - 485 receipt notices, H1B petition approvals, latest tax filing documents, last 3 months paystubs, experience letters, original certificates, birth certificates, passports and their copies, EADs, employement letters etc etc. One reason it to prove that I am still a innocent, honest, clean, sincere, taxpaying immigrant with good credit history if anyone asks. Another is peace of mind.... what if asked?

Hope we get green card before our kid starts voting! And what the big deal if we don't.... I will be happy to carry my large heavy suitecase for one more, but the last time...so we rest..happily...in USA!

Last edited by a moderator:
We know

Originally posted by lostinbacklog
It's been 4 years when we started immigration process. After so much hassles and ongoing expenses what we now have is a pending application, a good lawyer friend, many sympathetic friends and a large suitcase with tons of papers/application copies/certificates etc. - it has become so heavy now that only I can lift it in our house...my spouse stays away from it...just signs papers we get from my lawyer where indicated... I am planning to get my sign on a rubberstamp now. Life will be easier then... And so far I have never seen anyone taking our immigration pictures in one shot...we like to pose so that's a different story anyways...

And despite of one Advance parole paper, I do land up carrying a briefcase with all my paperwork to India and back. Needlessto say - 485 receipt notices, H1B petition approvals, latest tax filing documents, last 3 months paystubs, experience letters, original certificates, birth certificates, passports and their copies, EADs, employement letters etc etc. One reason it to prove that I am still a innocent, honest, clean, sincere, taxpaying immigrant with good credit history if anyone asks. Another is peace of mind.... what if asked?

Hope we get green card before our kid starts voting! And what the big deal if we don't.... I will be happy to carry my large heavy suitecase for one more, but the last time...so we rest..happily...in USA!

You have a gift for writing and expressing yourself. Write a larger article. I would like others to read it. We will post it on the web site. Writing is also cathartic.

This might be a good thing in general, however, I heard you have to withdraw current application to participate. It would drive one crazy if new applicants got approved in 90 days but people like us keep suffering.

Originally posted by hrithikroshan11
Dear Rajiv,

It is also heard that the USCIS is launching two interesting pilot programs to complete adjudication of I-485 applications within 90 days of filing. California Service Center is reportedly about to launch such 90-day concurrent I-140/I-485 adjudication program for EB-2 concurrent-filing cases.

This is also crazy. California is already faster than VSC in processing 140 applications. Why do they need to make a fast center faster rather than increasing the speed at VSC?

Besides, there are lot more applications filed at VSC than at CSC. Shouldn't they allocate more resources to VSC in that case?

Can we ask them for the reasoning behind this move? The common sense would suggest to use this pilot program for VSC, where there are more applications pending than any other service center.

Thank you,
Hrithik