Settlement Memorandum Sent

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The govt said - no

Originally posted by rajum
It is sad that the Govt. refused to accept our settlement proposal.
I didn't understood the deposition part....what is the threatening part for us except harassing us...
(may not be Bush and Ridge but definitely USCIS officials)
-rajum

They think all applicants have something to hide, so somehow, by asking questions, they can intimidate us. I thought it was dumb.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The govt said - no

Originally posted by operations
They think all applicants have something to hide, so somehow, by asking questions, they can intimidate us. I thought it was dumb.

Rajiv,
I think the officials running this USCIS have a lot to hide and they are thinking that every body has the same problem (something to hide) . If you really get a chance to get the depositions from USCIS director Edwardo Aguire, then i think a lot of dirt(truth) will come out. He (Mr Aguire) says that "a right person will get right benefits at the right time". THIS IS A GROSS LIE. Now a days every body is getting the GC after a long delay. So where is the question of right people getting it at right time ? This guy is obviously trying to hide his ineffficiency (or some conspiracy to delay issuing the GC) by pushing the blame (for backlogs) on the applicants, by using the words like "right people will get it in right time". If it is true that there are a lot of wrong people out here, why is that more than 95% of the people are getting their GC approved ? USICS also pushes the blame on lack of funds. If that is true, why did Mr Aguire not talk about lack of funds during his latest testimony to congress ? Some one has posted a copy of his latest testimony to congress where he has talked about the needs to reduce the backlogs. Though, he very clearly stated that reducing the backlog is his agency's top priority now, HE HAS NOT SPELT OUT ANY ACTION PLAN. He simply tried to cross the bridge by saying that they are making plans to reduce the backlog. This makes it very clear that he has no real plans to reduce backlogs. The most important thing is, he has not asked the congress to increase the funding. He did not say that lack of funds is the reason for backlogs. He might be afraid that, if he says so, then the congress will allott more funds and he will have no other excuses left. One last thing. As per USCIS own statement, more than 85% of the agency's funds come from Fees paid by applicants. Why the hell are they spendig the money collected from us towards immigration enforcement stuff. Those things should be done from government budget.We can go and dig lot more dirt. Hopefully they will learn a lesson of thier life in the court when the hearing starts.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think we (I-485 litigation plaintiffs) have anything to hide. So they can't intimidate us by requesting deposition of plaintiffs.

Most the I-485 applicants lost the prime time of their career holding the same job and the same position eventhough most of us are well qualified to move up in the ladder. I strongly believe that this doesn't harm only the individual, it also harms the country's economy.Delaying the adjudication of I-485 also delays security check process, there by harming the national security. Well wishers of this country(USA) would prefer to adjudicate I-485 quickly to improve country's economy and security.

This is supposed to be country with maximum freedom of speach and the goverment is run for people.Why lot of people migrate to this country is ,not only it recognise the talents but also of his high value for human rights. By intimidating , the lawyers not only disgraced themself and also disgraced this great country.I wonder why they don't realise ,what people are asking is timely decision and not immediate approval.But we will hope justice will prevail in this country and hope the judicial system will uphold the mights of this great country and all we are trying is to be part of this great country and try to contribute for its economy and its growth.

Well said, Edison.
We are all suffering because of the delays due to the fact that these delays are forcing us to stay with the small companies we have joined some 5 yrs back. These small consulting companies make a lot of money out of us and pay very less to us. As a result of the delays, we are all losing the income that we deserve. Instead of producing thousands of rich consumers like us, these delays are producing a handful of millionaires (the owners of consulting companies). It is really a big hit to the economy. I hope that we will be able to put these facts to USCIS. Also by delaying the GC process, the USCIS is keeping the unwanted people here for longer time. In their jest to delay issuing the GC's, they are affecting the security of the country.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The govt said - no

Originally posted by Edison
I don't think we (I-485 litigation plaintiffs) have anything to hide. So they can't intimidate us by requesting deposition of plaintiffs.

Most the I-485 applicants lost the prime time of their career holding the same job and the same position eventhough most of us are well qualified to move up in the ladder. I strongly believe that this doesn't harm only the individual, it also harms the country's economy.Delaying the adjudication of I-485 also delays security check process, there by harming the national security. Well wishers of this country(USA) would prefer to adjudicate I-485 quickly to improve country's economy and security.

I agree with you Edison. Recently, I ended up bargaining for a lesser position....at first HR got confused and then when I try to explain the reasons she looked at me as if whether I am in right senses or not...

-rajum

I agree with Edison and am on the verge of giving up on my GC and play it tough. I personally think that waiting is not going to get me anywhere at this stage so am looking forward to a job change, getting settled down etc.

REALITY CHECK

As I mentioned several times in these forums guys and provided the proof along gthe way...we need to fight for a lot of things. We do have friends out there (even though not too many)and we need to find them and communicate with them for a better organisation.
SECURITY CHECKS: I mentioned that the Security Checks are done by the Adjudicators and not by any extra resources. See the LA Times Article, March 29. It is worth taking down the name of the reporter, who wrote about immigration issues before. The same holds for others. Example, Shawn Zeller, GovernmentExec..............

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=116902&perpage=15&pagenumber=2
………………………………
Immigration is performing full checks on 7 million applicants a year, compared with 2.5 million before the attacks, Yates said. Out of 4,500 officers who handle immigration applications, 1,000 have been relegated to do nothing but security checks……………

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The govt said - no

Originally posted by rajum
Recently, I ended up bargaining for a lesser position....at first HR got confused and then when I try to explain the reasons she looked at me as if whether I am in right senses or not...

I did exactly the same, and the HR manager got confused.

Another innocent guy suffering because of this system:His story

"Guys, I have a question of Labor certification. My employer makes employees pay for their Green cards. Recently I saw that a guy 'A' got his labor approved though my employer.
The employer saw an opportunity for a project and found a suitable candidate 'B' whom he hired with a promise of fast green card processing. With 'B' he is getting lot more money in comission compared to 'A'. Educational qualifications for both 'A' and 'B' are similar. Looking at labor delays 'B' wanted to leave unless employer arranged for preapproved labor and did substitution. Now my employer played a game and fired 'A' while he was still on project and used his approved labor for 'B'. I want to help 'A', since he paid almost $3,000 towards lawyer fees and application fees, waited for four years, is about 4/5 months away from getting his 140 approved, and now has to leave without anything to start allover again at any other employer. Is there a provision where he can get the approved labor application ported alongwith him or cancel it and not let the employer misuse it?"

I find this post in the phili dol tractor forum.
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?threadid=106671&perpage=15&pagenumber=202

Mr. Khanna,

Did you tell the gov. that our alternative of item 4 of settlement is premium processing for I485? or will you?

Originally posted by ahalem
This is unbelievable, in the same time of rejecting this settlement , a new pilot project is going live in may 2nd to accelerate the I-485 to be with in 90 days of process:
http://www.visalaw.com/04mar5/2mar504.html
except that its only for family base and DV visas, that really does not make sense.

Sure it makes sense... Family based AOS applicants have VOTING family members in the US.... 2004 is election year.... I'll let you make the connection.

Originally posted by SirZ
Sure it makes sense... Family based AOS applicants have VOTING family members in the US.... 2004 is election year.... I'll let you make the connection.

Not really. EB applicants have family with VOTING rights also. Besides we have power besides the so called VOTING rights. We can influence individuals, organisations, companies, the press and the like. If only we could organise!
And what is the percentage of US citizens voting anyway?