Service Request (SR)

I received the reply from USCIS in response to my SR thus:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case.We are actively processing this case.However,we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time.If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.

Earlier when i contacted the TSC through POJ, i had been told by one IO as Name check pending in my case and another saying it having cleared.Was hoping to get a clear picture through the SR.

Now the letter does not say anything about Name Check, that the case is being "actively processed" and that it needs "additional review". I have seen some posts where the applicants whose Name check was pending have received reply to SR which has clearly mentioned reason for the delay as "Case cannot be processed as Name Check/Security Check pending, wait for 6 months and ........".

Anybody else who have received reply similar to mine? Guru's please post your opinion.

same response

received on 7/23 for SR opened during infopass on 5/25.

Here is the response I got. Dunno, what does this mean.

" Our review indicates that this case is within our current processing times. We regret any misunderstanding. If you do not recieve a decision or notice of other action within our current processing times, check our website for an update or call customer service at the number provided below. "

I just don't understand the response.

I received the reply from USCIS in response to my SR thus:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case.We are actively processing this case.However,we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time.If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.

Earlier when i contacted the TSC through POJ, i had been told by one IO as Name check pending in my case and another saying it having cleared.Was hoping to get a clear picture through the SR.

Now the letter does not say anything about Name Check, that the case is being "actively processed" and that it needs "additional review". I have seen some posts where the applicants whose Name check was pending have received reply to SR which has clearly mentioned reason for the delay as "Case cannot be processed as Name Check/Security Check pending, wait for 6 months and ........".

Anybody else who have received reply similar to mine? Guru's please post your opinion.

Vicky007 -

Your case looks similar to mine (Case xfer to TSC date and LUDs). Probably I am also a victim of name check. Yet to receive a response on my SR. IO at TSC refused to reveal any information. :-(

catch_22_4_GC,

Take an infopass and confirm from the IO whether your Namecheck is clear.If you are luckyit will be cleared or atleast will know since when it is pending.Send me a PM at your earliest convinience.

Regards.

Response for SR

I got the response letter yesterday for SR created on 6/11/07 and letter is dated on 7/16/2007..basically it says " We are activly processing this case.However we have to perfrom additional review on this case and this has casued a longer processing time. If you do not receive deceion in 6 months call CS.."

Is this normal? It did not say anything about NC, does this means my NC clear? throw if you guys have any ideas..

I got the response letter yesterday for SR created on 6/11/07 and letter is dated on 7/16/2007..basically it says " We are activly processing this case.However we have to perfrom additional review on this case and this has casued a longer processing time. If you do not receive deceion in 6 months call CS.."

Is this normal? It did not say anything about NC, does this means my NC clear? throw if you guys have any ideas..

Looks like everyone and their mother (self included) got the same response. I've decided to ignore it as the flavor of the day response.

Apart from the Name Check reason there has to be some definite cause for TSC to now do extra work ie "Review".
It would be intresting to see if for the cases where people who have received Additional Review reply to the SR's:

Have they had any RFE's for I-140's?
or
Have used Substituted Labor ?
or
Whether they have used AC-21 provision to change employer's?

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from the Name Check reason there has to be some definite cause for TSC to now do extra work ie "Review".
It would be intresting to see if for the cases where people who have received Additional Review reply to the SR's:

or
or

Regards.

In my case, there have been no RFE's, been with same employer, no AC21. I shall post if I get a response for my SR. Also, I believe Infopass IOs are insisting nowadays not to come in till 45 days have elapsed between SR and infopass appointment.

It would be interesting to see if for the cases where people who have received Additional Review reply to the SR's:

or
or

Regards.

Name check is cleared as per TSC IO on phone as well as at infopass. No RFE till date. Have used AC21 and changed jobs more than once but submitted only once. May be that AC21 creating problem.

I got a response yesterday for an SR I opened on 06/08/07:

"The processing of your petition/application has been delayed. All petitions/applications received by this Service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of adjudication of petitions/applications. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed. We apologize for the delay."

So in short: "Your name/security check is pending, so screw you!"

No 60 days, 6 months, nothing...since its FBI.

Twice I was told by Infopass IO that no security checks are pending and the one time I called TSC, the IO said it is pending. I will have to try calling TSC again even though I hate to do that. If they say NC is pending again, I will take Infopass again with this response letter and check why there is a discrepancy in their information.

I got a response yesterday for an SR I opened on 06/08/07:

"The processing of your petition/application has been delayed. All petitions/applications received by this Service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of adjudication of petitions/applications. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed. We apologize for the delay."

So in short: "Your name/security check is pending, so screw you!"

No 60 days, 6 months, nothing...since its FBI.

Twice I was told by Infopass IO that no security checks are pending and the one time I called TSC, the IO said it is pending. I will have to try calling TSC again even though I hate to do that. If they say NC is pending again, I will take Infopass again with this response letter and check why there is a discrepancy in their information.

Sorry to hear about the name check delay. I kinda feel that I am one other victim of namecheck too, though USCIS till date hasn't let me know one way or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

I created a SR on 17th July that ends with VSC. Is it normal or should it end with TSC?

thanks

My SR raised on July 2nd (no response yet) is of the format t1bXXXXXXXvsc. I think its based on the I-485 receipt number starting with EACXXXXX. Probably if it starts with SRCxxxxxxx( for original texas cases) then its of the format xxxxxtsc.

My congressman's office got back saying my namecheck/FP is clear and file is in exams area..call back if you do not hear in 30 days.

I haven't heard directly from USCIS on my SR raised on 2nd july yet.

Response Received

Finally received response to my SR today from USCIS...something like '.....actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service......'

Unbelievable! :mad:

Wait more time.

mgk74, gc_us_02, and catch_22_4_GC,

Your response to the SR shows your case under Extended Review. This may take little longer as they do some internal auditing and randomly pick up some files. I am also one of the victim of this extended review from since don't know but came to know about it in June last week through NSC IO. My PD is Dec 2001 and I485 ND is July 2003. SR response don't show as extended review but mentions about the additional security checks.

Search in this forum for Extended Review and we have one/two threads to talk about this.

vvvunlucky -

Thanks for pointing to the other thread. I have added my info there too. My congressional enquiry indicates namecheck/security check is clear. Also there have been continuous LUDs on my case. All this is frustrating for ole timers like me.