Service Request (SR)

catch_22_4_GC

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone received a response from TSC (or NSC) recently on a Service Request? I had raised an SR on 2nd Jul '07 and haven't received a response so far from TSC. I am just wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat?

SR on May 16. No reply

SR on May 16. They asked me to call back after 45 days. I called back. then I was told that I should wait for 60 days. I then called back after 60 days. The information is that reply in progress as of July 14. That GENTLEMAN said: "Do not need to call back so often".:D

What can we do other than checking email N times a day?

opened SR on june 27 no reply so far.....initilly NSC told me 45 days. I called back on july 17 . she told me callback after july 28 (after 30 days).

Opened request on 6/27 and got reply on 7/11 stating they are actively processing my case and they had to perform some additional review :rolleyes:. Wait forever.

Infopass 7/10: Background check is clear.

TSC IO 7/13: Contact FBI as namecheck is still pending.

I am not sure who to believe anymore.

Has anyone received a response from TSC (or NSC) recently on a Service Request?

TSC's SR processing is a joke.

May 17th: I opened an SR, and was asked to call back if there was no response in 30 days.

June 16th: I called NCSC since I hadn't received a response, and was told I should call back in 45 days, not 30 as previously told to me (WTF?).

June 19th: Called back, and the NCSC rep could see the May17th SR in the system, but she made another referral to the SR anyway.

June 27th: Called back, and was told that the SR I created on June 19th was responded to only on 27th, and that I should wait for the reply. (Umm... WTF happened to my SR of May 17th, guys? Didn't you just eat up one entire month of my time by conveniently forgetting the earlier SR?!)

July 13th: Received response to SR created on June 19th. Letter was dated June 27th, postmark was dated July 9th. (Umm... not to be too bothersome, but didn't you guys again just eat up 2 more weeks of my time???) Did I get any useful information in the response? Judge for yourself:

The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.

Which means, again, that those 60 days start from June 27th, not May 17th, not June 19th.

Like I said, TSC SRs are a joke. Except I don't hear anyone laughing..

Ombudsman's office opened a SR on my behalf on May 17, and to date I haven't received a response from CIS. What can we mere mortals do if CIS ignores even SRs coming from Ombudsman?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ombudsman's office opened a SR on my behalf on May 17, and to date I haven't received a response from CIS. What can we mere mortals do if CIS ignores even SRs coming from Ombudsman?

Hi Koku1,

How to contact Ombudsman's office? They opend SR right? Will they do name check request? thanks......

I got an email reply for my SR dated 06/07/07 on 07/18/07 which says that case is being actively processed. It took too long due to additional review and an expectation of another 6 months for the decision :mad:

No responses

2 SRs not responded to. NCSC says that they cannot check status of a SR, only open one every 45 days (I guess for the rest of our lives!)

Has anyone received a response from TSC (or NSC) recently on a Service Request? I had raised an SR on 2nd Jul '07 and haven't received a response so far from TSC. I am just wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat?

NCSC says that they cannot check status of a SR, only open one every 45 days (I guess for the rest of our lives!)

Apparently, you can ask them to escalate the issue if 3 SRs go unresponded to. I know you'd rather have a useful response (better yet, an approval) than have it escalate, but it's definitely not a "rest of our lives" case. :)

same here gc_us_02

Hi,
My case is similar to yours. I got the same reply on 7/18 with LUDs but NO ACTION...

I got an email reply for my SR dated 06/07/07 on 07/18/07 which says that case is being actively processed. It took too long due to additional review and an expectation of another 6 months for the decision :mad:

I do not remember all the dates, but here is a list of all conflicting info I got, starting first week of june when I raised a SR.

TSC IO - FP notice sent to old address, sent a new one to new address
first week June - create SR
TSC IO - namecheck pending
NSC - system showing old address, updated the address
TSC IO - namecheck completed
6/21 - 2nd FP
TSC IO - FP received everything looks good
NSC - namecheck pending
7/6 - "document mailed to applicant"
NSC - permanent resident card sent
TSC IO - case pending
NSC - green card sent
TSC IO - not GC, not RFE, might be address change confirmation
NSC - namecheck pending
Infopass - case pending, namecheck cleared, waiting for visa#

Summary - USCIS SUCKS !!!!

About that...

Was told about the escalation thing the first time I was frustrated with the SR process. Next time when I asked about the escalation process, the rep did not know anything about it, neither did her "supervisor" who I asked to speak with.

Just another instance of typical USCIS inconsistencies...

Apparently, you can ask them to escalate the issue if 3 SRs go unresponded to. I know you'd rather have a useful response (better yet, an approval) than have it escalate, but it's definitely not a "rest of our lives" case. :)

My signature explains my case. Finally was able to take an InfoPass on Aug 3rd. Guys, when you create a service request please notedown the Service Request ID/No because as per the new Infopass you need to open a SR first and 45 days should be passed to get the infopass and you give the SRID on the date of appointment.

Here is the response I got. Dunno, what does this mean.

" Our review indicates that this case is within our current processing times. We regret any misunderstanding. If you do not recieve a decision or notice of other action within our current processing times, check our website for an update or call customer service at the number provided below. "

I just don't understand the response.

Well in my case i made a SR on June 16th and i never got any response back, but i got approval, not sure if SR triggered.