Name-----------SL Date---DC Date--
DOLkemaaki--5th Sept---16 Sept - App -Nov20 -REc Nov21
ahalem --5th Sept---??????? - App -Nov21 -Rec Nov28
olops - 8th Sept , never called , recd Nov 28
Pankaj Garg----6th Sept---24th Sept-Rec Dec 1st
PremChopra---3rd Sept---26th Sep--App--Dec 1st -- Recd Dec. 8th, 11:00 am
finesir-----------3rd Sept-------App 1st Dec, Recd 8th Dec
Halver----------3rd Sept--------26th sept--App--Dec 1st-rec dec9th
immigration4kot--4th sep ---- 26th sep-App Dec3rd -Rcvd Dec 6th evening 4:45 PM chicago
msomani----------10th Sept----27th Sept-App Dec4th-PP Rcvd 12/08
dev72------------11th Sept ----27 Sept-App Dec4th-Print Dec 10th-Rcvd (Dec-12)
spb99----------2nd Sept------27th Sept-App Dec3rd-Print Dec 11th-Rcvd(Not yet)
saras76 ------- 28th August ----- 27th Sept-App Dec 4th- PP Rcvd 12/08
kettydeepa----2nd Sept------27th Sept-App Dec4th-Rcvd(Dec12th)
immisanjay-------11th Sept-----27 Sept-App (221g)
m_omaha -------11 Sept ------ 27 Sept-App Dec 4th-Rcvd Dec 12th
wam-------------4th Sept----- 27th Sept-App Dec 8th-Rcvd dec11th
vnra300--------2nd Sept----- 27th Sept-App Dec 8th-Rcvd(Not Yet)
hoping--------2nd Sept----- 27th Sept-App Dec 8th-Rcvd(Not Yet)
samsett--------2nd Sept------27th Sept-App Dec 10th-Rcvd(Not Yet)
jsdw-----------15th Sept ------27 Sept-APP Dec 11th-RCvd(Not Yet)
sai_ani--------16th Sept-----------------RECV-11thDec
thedaq----------???????------27th Sept-fedex-dec15th
ahkhan----------11th Sept---App Dec 8th-Rcvd(Dec 10)

Waiting in Queue

Name-----------SL Date---------DC Date
jnathan----------10th Sept ---28th Sept
young16---------10th Sept----28th Sept

itsme1---------27th Aug -----29th Sept-----------?
ramu2003------15th SEPT----29TH SEPT

ramji99----------6th Sept----------------?

ksalkar------------23rd Sept ---6 oct
mahham---------23rd Sept-----------------?
ashi5-------------23rd Sept-----------------?
jlittle--------------23rd Sept-----------------?
prasad_vv-------24th Sept-----------------?
mirium99---------24th Sept-----------------?
smarthi-----------25th Sept------------------?
camera_guy01--25th Sept--------------10th Oct
Rakram-----------29th Sept---------------8th Oct
azzuri-------------30th Sept--------------10th Oct

passport recvd but First name MISSPELT

hi all,

i recvd my passport y'day.
DC Date: Sep 27th
Approved Date: Dec 11th
Recvd. Date: Dec 15th.

But I have a problem, my first name has been misspelt, I need to travel on the 16th. Do you think it will cause me a problem??

Any Help on this guys?????????????

guys,
My passport has reached my place , I need to collect from my fedex office today as nobody is at home, so it took nearly around 100 days to get the process done.

Thank you guys for all the help, hope everbody gets their passport soon. best luck & wishes.

spb999

samsett,

I searched in the forum under 'H Visa issues...' and found that a few had a smilar problem but no one says if they got it corrected or not.

I personally advise you to take each and every paper including a copy of your application for re-validation and papers such as W2, LCA copy etc., so that if it becomes an issue you can atleast show all the papers to establish that everything is in order.

Also try to search in this forum and in the web if anyone had a problem with a mis-spelt name. Also find out if you can get it corrected in India.

In case someone finds it out you also show surprise as if you are seeing the mistake for the first time and try to gain sympathy in all ways.

If you can't postpone your trip don't worry. Relax and everything will be ok. I'll pray for you.

Just checked the status, they have just taken up the Sep 28th cases and she asked me check back in 2 days to see if my case has been approved or not

Visa_help , jnathan,

Either one of them call the DOS and update the status tomorrow .

Dc dates 29the Sep , guys please wait

janthan, kr2002, camera_guy

i didnt alter my travel plan as yet... i am sure, i am not going to make it now...i plan to call them and check the status day after and alter my plans accordingly. what do you guys suggest??

visa_help

Originally posted by visa_help
i didnt alter my travel plan as yet... i am sure, i am not going to make it now...i plan to call them and check the status day after and alter my plans accordingly. what do you guys suggest??

hope u make it.
It is taking around 8 days after approval to receive the passport (looking at the Sept 27th guys).
So if urs is approved tomorrow, u might receive it on Dec 24th.
It 's a close call.
Call up tomorrow and if it is not approved by tomorrow, u might want to postpone ur trip.

Approved!

I just called up now and the visa officer informed me that my case was approved Friday Dec 12th.
It has not been printed or QAed.

Still no Passport

DC date was 27th Sept and my visa has been approved & printed but is currently sitting in the FED Ex drop box at the DOS.

I fly tomorrow and I can only hope that my passport gets here in time.

A lady told me that my passport should have been sent out last Thursday, but would you believe that it was still sitting on someones desk last night.

Anyway, for those with pending flights,I can only suggest you keep on reminding these people at the DOS, they seem quite polite and, to an extent, helpful. Even if they are a little absent minded.

USE FEDEX

Something else to note, the DOS only has a FEDEX drop box in their building. This is collected every evening at 4.30pm.

I had initially sent a USPS envelope for my passport to be returned in. A lady at the DOS called me up, informing me that it would take a couple of extra days for my envelope to get to the Post office. Fortunatly, I was able to purchase a FEDEX pickup on the phone from the DOS employee.

assuming they drop off passport same or next day it is approved @ 4:30 PM, and my Fedex airbill shows overnight delivery, why should I wait 8 days for it ?

Not that simple

Once your passport is in the FED EX drop box, you should get it the next day.

The only struggle is to get your passport in the drop box. Once printed, your passport could still be sitting on someones desk (as in my case) waiting for someone to pick it up and place it off in the fed ex box

FED EX have picked up my passport

The FED EX site states that my passport will be delivered by 10.30 am tomorrow. That will leave me 6 hours before I fly!!!!!

I will give one fianl update onc emy passport is in my hands!!!

Approved - Printed and Fedexed

SL date 15th Sept
DC date 27th Sept
App 11th Dec

Fedex Pickup 16th Dec 3.10 PM EST

I will update when rcvd

Guys,
Finally got my passport with visa stamped today. Everything looks fine. Best wishes to all of you. Hope everybody get their passport soon with visa stamped.

Best wishes,
spb999