• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

This really is an exceptionally tough year for everyone, without much precedence and applicable learning from previous years. In many respects we seem to be on untested ground.
I haven't looked at this forum for months, but for some reason stumbled onto it yesterday where I heard the awful news about the VB. Having gone through an extremely stressful experience last year to get our GC's I can understand just how devastated all of you are who haven't made the cut off. Personally I would send my file in anyway. What have you got to lose? After the incompetence which I saw last year, I don't trust the system at all.

Reactions: DKK
VB August E-Mail & Attachment received today at 12:05 pm.
Sorry, I am officially losing it...I wrote the post this morning before leaving, then wrote another, for some strange reasons it appeared the previous too....I received the email with the VB 9 pm last night, downloaded today only, but that is a problem that has nothing to do with KCC. Sorry again.

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff stoppppppppppppppppppppp it is overrrrrrrrr i called them that is what she said ... it over

As far as I know, reading from other posts in the past, I learned that submitting the forms after being selected equals to "intention to immigrate". For those of us cut out of this DV, where we sent the forms and got no interview, are there going to be any consequences/issues if one day we will ask for a visa (non-immigrant visa) or we want to enter US on a visa waiver?

As far as I know, reading from other posts in the past, I learned that submitting the forms after being selected equals to "intention to immigrate". For those of us cut out of this DV, where we sent the forms and got no interview, are there going to be any consequences/issues if one day we will ask for a visa (non-immigrant visa) or we want to enter US on a visa waiver?

Yes and no.

When applying for a non immigrant visa (apart from a couple of exceptions referred to as "dual intent" situations) there is always an presumption that the applicant has "immigrant intent" and it is up to the applicant to demonstrate that this is not the case by showing ties to the home country, like a home, job, family and so on. They will not Entering the lottery and not winning doesn't affect that at all. Being selected and submitting the forms is one piece of evidence that can add to the suspicion pile BUT the applicant can still overcome that through showing strong ties. So - submitting forms is not automatically going to cause a denial - it is up to the applicant to prove they intend to returmn home.

Thanks but.... It's broken :(

Anyway I have found occasional past instances where no change from Aug to Sept :( ...and for two regions, if you can count NA being cut off at 13 or 15 for two months in a row as a region.

Lol - post the link here and it maxed out his CPU agreement. Such is the reach we have.

I do agree Susie that regions have many times not moved at all or just moved a tiny amount. I just think this time it is more like they didn't finish their homework by the deadline - which effectively happened for SA only last month.

Lol - post the link here and it maxed out his CPU agreement. Such is the reach we have.

I do agree Susie that regions have many times not moved at all or just moved a tiny amount. I just think this time it is more like they didn't finish their homework by the deadline - which effectively happened for SA only last month.
http://www.dv-info.site40.net/

Yes and no.

When applying for a non immigrant visa (apart from a couple of exceptions referred to as "dual intent" situations) there is always an presumption that the applicant has "immigrant intent" and it is up to the applicant to demonstrate that this is not the case by showing ties to the home country, like a home, job, family and so on. They will not Entering the lottery and not winning doesn't affect that at all. Being selected and submitting the forms is one piece of evidence that can add to the suspicion pile BUT the applicant can still overcome that through showing strong ties. So - submitting forms is not automatically going to cause a denial - it is up to the applicant to prove they intend to returmn home.

If the number is not current, even submitting the form does not show immigrant intent. I applied EB2 and filed I485 where it asked "have you ever have immigration petition?" My layer said "no" even after I filed DS230 with case number As19xxx, cause it was not current and had no Record in USCIS (I guess). Though I will never be current with that number.

So I want to point out, submitting the formaldehyde not being able to make it won't hurt the none immigrant visa in future.

I agree. According to CEAC there still is room to squeeze few people in !!!

Yes and no.

I see. Thank you.

If the number is not current, even submitting the form does not show immigrant intent. I applied EB2 and filed I485 where it asked "have you ever have immigration petition?" My layer said "no" even after I filed DS230 with case number As19xxx, cause it was not current and had no Record in USCIS (I guess). Though I will never be current with that number.

So I want to point out, submitting the formaldehyde not being able to make it won't hurt the none immigrant visa in future.
Thank you.

Your lawyer was wrong. I'm glad it didn't affect your case.

By the way, this question is quite nicely addressed in a video that Sloner posted a couple of days ago - go to 36:30 of the video below:-