• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

what might be the final cutoff for Nepal in september.is there any chances to get interview for nepalese CN above 10k...

I was hoping that gaps in high CNs would be bigger... I have a high: CN 51xxx............

That is a risky number. Yes there are more gaps at the higher ranges, but even with that - you need a jump of 11k - that is a big ask. I hope it comes through for you....

That is a risky number. Yes there are more gaps at the higher ranges, but even with that - you need a jump of 11k - that is a big ask. I hope it comes through for you....
More gaps at higher CNs is what you guys refer to when you talk about lower density? Why that happens, people forget to follow up as it is more than one year later since when they sent their forms?

More gaps at higher CNs is what you guys refer to when you talk about lower density? Why that happens, people forget to follow up as it is more than one year later since when they sent their forms?

The big countries (very high number of entries) get artificially limited during the draw. So, they have winners that are blocked - and appear as gaps/holes. Holes also happen because of real disqualifications, but those DQs are consitant throughout the range. Once the countries have maxed out, the increased holes reduce the density - which is indeed what people here discuss.

When should i do that.I mean if my interviews will be on September should I prepare these documents now or in a closer date to my interview?

When should i do that.I mean if my interviews will be on September should I prepare these documents now or in a closer date to my interview?

yes you can prepare them now since the latest 1040 (tax return) has been already delivered to your sponsor ( I hope that you mean september 2014 and you are from DV-2014/ just to confirm that we are on the same page)

yes you can prepare them now since the latest 1040 (tax return) has been already delivered to your sponsor ( I hope that you mean September 2014 and you are from DV-2014/ just to confirm that we are on the same page)
yes,I am in the same group. My case no is AS 15xxx.I am trying to stay positive. :)

The big countries (very high number of entries) get artificially limited during the draw. So, they have winners that are blocked - and appear as gaps/holes. Holes also happen because of real disqualifications, but those DQs are consitant throughout the range. Once the countries have maxed out, the increased holes reduce the density - which is indeed what people here discuss.
Density reduction occurs without special countries. You do not understand yet?

Thanks Sloner you did a really good job with density chart you gave us in June :).I tried some queries for EU and got only 13CN(25 winners) in high ranges for intervals of 100 numbers after 39000.We could still expect some additional winners, due to batch updates(not so important percent statistically) .But according to this there is very strong possibility for EU to be current in September.I'll do some research for AF also.Next CEAC will be crucial :)

Hi fellas, it is true we've heard from KCC on their first release of the visa bulletin this fiscal year that approximately 140,668 people were randomly selected and So my question is, has anyone actually come across a case number this high high or even close? My guess is that, this high number was actually selected but not all of'em were notified. Maybe kcc needed to make sure there will be enough visa numbers to fill up these winnings before notifying these extremely high cases. I am speaking out of experience, a friend of mine who won for dv 2013 checked his status on may 2012 and saw HAS NOT BEEN... He kept checking and only got notification about may 2013 that he had been selected. Pls Simon, Vladek and all the sharp brains in the forum, what do you guys think?

Hi fellas, it is true we've heard from KCC on their first release of the visa bulletin this fiscal year that approximately 140,668 people were randomly selected and So my question is, has anyone actually come across a case number this high high or even close? My guess is that, this high number was actually selected but not all of'em were notified. Maybe kcc needed to make sure there will be enough visa numbers to fill up these winnings before notifying these extremely high cases. I am speaking out of experience, a friend of mine who won for dv 2013 checked his status on may 2012 and saw HAS NOT BEEN... He kept checking and only got notification about may 2013 that he had been selected. Pls Simon, Vladek and all the sharp brains in the forum, what do you guys think?

You're confusing number of selectees with case numbers. Firstly, case numbers are duplicated across regions (eg you can have both EU12345 and AF12345) and secondly, case numbers is one per case but there may be more than one selectee per case. For example our family had one case number with 4 selectees.

To all selectees from Nepal with higher CN. Be optimistic because the special cut-off might be a temporary hold for a month. Like they did for Uzbekstan and Ethiopia. I hope it will go up to 13000.
:)

Thanks Sloner you did a really good job with density chart you gave us in June :).I tried some queries for EU and got only 13CN(25 winners) in high ranges for intervals of 100 numbers after 39000.We could still expect some additional winners, due to batch updates(not so important percent statistically) .But according to this there is very strong possibility for EU to be current in September.I'll do some research for AF also.Next CEAC will be crucial :)

So how many visas do you think EU can get?