September 2008 filers, Post here

doctor1

Registered Users (C)
I130 + I485 + I765+I131 received at chicago lockbox on Sep 1 , NOA for all 4 packages sent on Sep 4 , Biometrics appointment paper on Sep 9.

I haven't got any receipts or notices.
Still wating .. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Mailed I130 + I485 on Sept 9 to Chicago Lockbox. Waiting...

-Los Angeles, CA

Sent paperwork to file AOS for my mother who is here in Boston, MA on visitors visa.

Here is the timeline:

Sent paperwork: 9/6/08
Received by USCIS: 9/9/08
Waiting: :confused:

ND Sep 18, 2008

Hi

Please see signature below for dates on progress of my application filed in
Sep 08. Anyone from Washington DC area filed in Sep?

Thanks..
BTN

btn ,you will probably receiving the biometrics appointment this week .. filing from Houston, Tx

The same day I had my biometric appointment I had an interview (Oct 1) and I didn't want to miss it or change the day, the interview is in the morning and the Biometrics appointment was at 1 PM, but I didn't want to take the risk to miss the Biometrics appointment, so last night I started googling if there was any way to speed up the process, and I found out that some USCIS offices are able to take your Biometrics, as long as you have the appointment letter, even if you are going before... well, I went today Saturday to the USCIS office just to try and knowing they might have said no... guess what?... They were totally free and so nice! They took my Biometrics and now I don't have to wait until Oct 1!. They were so nice!, so If you are in a hurry you can try going to the Biometrics USCIS office before the appointment day! I read on other threads that the best days to go are Wednesdays and Saturday; they are less busy those days(That's what I read, I might be wrong). However, it depends of the office. I was lucky!, but they could've said I had to wait.... anyway, I'm so happy! You should try if you are in a hurry! It's is worth to try if you really need the papers fast.

I'm just telling you my case, I'm not a lawyer or an expert, so act accordingly.

DO: Boston

9/19/8- Application sent (I-130, I-485/I-693, I-765 and I-131)
9/22/8 Day 0- Application recd. (FedEx)

BTW, what is ND and NOA? Sorry I am new here and dont know the meaning of these words?

ND - Notice Date (When USCIS notified you that they received your application)

NOA’s - Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms

Quick update. Received biometrics notice for my mother in the mail yesterday.

Here is the timeline:

Boston DO
Sent paperwork: 9/6/08
Received by USCIS: 9/9/08
Checks cashed: 9/12/08
NOA received: 9/15/08
(I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765)
Biometrics Notice received: 9/22/08
FP apptt: 10/08/08

Atlanta,

Is your mother going for walk-in FP in Boston? Please update.

I am in Boston too and just want to know whether they allow walk-in or not?

My mother would probably wait until Oct 8th and keep her original apptt for FP as she is not in a big rush.
I have heard ppl doing walk in even in Boston, so you may wanna give it a try.

I130 + I485 sent to chicago lockbox on Sep 12 , NOA for packages sent on Sep 15 , Biometrics appointment paper on Sep 22, and fingerprint scheduled on October 7.

how about los angeles, ca?
do they allow walk-ins?
o well but i dont think i will be able to go do it before oct. 1st anyways.
i guess im just going to wait until my appt.

ok I received my first RFE , which I was pretty much expecting since the day I sent the package, cuz I forgot to include my Birth certificate , I realized that a day after I sent the package, anyway it wasnt a problem I sent it back the same day..

So that means I wont recieve anymore RFE's atleast for the I-485 and its supporting docs? cuz recieving the RFE shows that atleast the I-485 file has been checked and if they would have found anything else at fault in that file , like for eg. tax returns they would have informed me in the same RFE, dont know how exactly this works.. do people get RFE's for the same application at different instances?

It seems general consensus on this forum is to do by yourself !! People do not hire attorneys for their cases, right?

na-ah. seems like they dont hire attorneys.
i think they do it all by their own and i did it with my husband by our own too.
but my husband is a lawyer so i dont know if thats something different than other cases.

I feel lawyers are helpful for more complicated cases like illegal stay etc.. if the case is pretty straight foward and one follows the instructions on this forum then everything goes pretty smooth, I followed instructions on this forum for my previous immigration issues as well and never had a problems and plus some senior members on this forum have enouh knowledge like any immigration attorny just that they dont have a degree, If one has the time and motivation to read the posts and learn from past experiences of others.. then I dont see any reason why would anybody waste money on a lawyer