September 2003 - I485

I applied in Aug 2003

I applied in Aug 2003 but no FP notice yet. The lawyer told me that this is normal now and they are not going to send repeated FP notices, only do one when they are close to approval.

My I-485 ND is 09/19/03. Still no news on FP. Got my I-140 approved on 1/31/04. got my EAD approved and recd on 2/14/04. Concurrent filing/EB2

Re: I applied in Aug 2003

My I140 was approved 2003 June, and I just received my finger print notice last week.

So, do you think that my I485 is close to be processed once the finger print is done??? HOw long the FBI need to take to clear te finger print?
Thanks

Originally posted by vip1r
I applied in Aug 2003 but no FP notice yet. The lawyer told me that this is normal now and they are not going to send repeated FP notices, only do one when they are close to approval.
:)

Re: Re: I applied in Aug 2003

Originally posted by hardlu
My I140 was approved 2003 June, and I just received my finger print notice last week.

So, do you think that my I485 is close to be processed once the finger print is done??? HOw long the FBI need to take to clear te finger print?
Thanks

:)

To tell you the truth dont know. Keep us appraised of your situation on this thread so that we know what is going on.

question about concurrent filing

Most people who post on these boards to track etc. seem to be concurrent filing.

In my case140 was approved some time back and then I filed for 485 (dont ask why) long complicated story.

Does this mean my 485 processing will be faster than the concurrent filers or not?

Just curious as to which month tracker I should watch and get excited/dejected :confused:

Vip1r,
Iam in the same boat as yours. Mine is a little more complicated. I applied for I-140 in October 2002. I filed for my I-1485 in August 2003, got an RFE for I-140 in september 2003, got the I-140 approval in November 2003. I also got an RFE for EAD in december for which i sent a reply a week ago. Iam yet to hear from them.

Over the top of it, iam getting married in march and i have to add my future wife in April.

There is more to come...Just after applying for my I-140 i changed my H1. But my old employer is continuing my green card processing.

I don't know if any case can get complicated than mine...Iam sure i will get an RFE for I-485 too and it will take an additional 5-6 months...Iam prepared for that..

Rgding your question, do folks who have their I-140 approved have their processing done faster than concurrently applied folks...... The answer is NO. it makes no difference....

Hardlu,
Even if you get your finger prints done, it makes no difference to I-485 processing...There are jan-jun 2002 folks who got their fingerprints done 2-3 times.

Logically, we should hope that we don't receive our finger prints notices until 3-4 months before the actual I-485 dates that VSC is processing.. That way we are saved of the agony of having to do multiple finger prints and thereby delaying this whole messy process..

Originally posted by patpat
Vip1r,
Iam in the same boat as yours. Mine is a little more complicated. I applied for I-140 in October 2002. I filed for my I-1485 in August 2003, got an RFE for I-140 in september 2003, got the I-140 approval in November 2003. I also got an RFE for EAD in december for which i sent a reply a week ago. Iam yet to hear from them.

Over the top of it, iam getting married in march and i have to add my future wife in April.

There is more to come...Just after applying for my I-140 i changed my H1. But my old employer is continuing my green card processing.

I don't know if any case can get complicated than mine...Iam sure i will get an RFE for I-485 too and it will take an additional 5-6 months...Iam prepared for that..

Rgding your question, do folks who have their I-140 approved have their processing done faster than concurrently applied folks...... The answer is NO. it makes no difference....

My case is quite similar my Labor was approved in 2001 I moved out the country for a couple of years but my employer kept the process in suspended animation. :cool:

When I applied for my 140 in 2002 they said the labor was no longer valid :eek:. My lawer appealed and they approved my 140 sometime in Dec 2002. Then I tried for CP that was taking too long so I abandoned that and moved back to the US and applied for 485 in Aug 2003.

I received an RFE for my EAD in Nov (DL/SS Card/Photocopy of passport etc.). Received EAD for me and my wife in Dec end. Now just hoping for the best. The good news is that all along my employer is the same so I no problem with paystubs etc. So I am hoping for no more RFE's.

Sometimes I just feel like giving it all up and moving back home.:mad:

I think there is some difference between the concurrent processing and regular processing .

If for some reason the I140 is pending at the time the INS wants to process ur 1485 then there is a problem....

not sure though..

Also i dont think there is any Big issues of processing thru a company different from your employer. the only question is

'Is it mandatory to join the company processing ur GC, after the GC is approved? '