Sept, VSC I-824 to NVC cases

Yes, Rajum you should try it.

Yes, Even I read from someone that ACI-140 got accepted at Chennai.
As AVI said there is no harm. While you waiting for I-824, just try sending ACI-140.
I talked to NVC operator yesterday, but still no luck.
It\'s so frustrating. I saw people getting GC just within 1 year. and here I am, in everystep taking lot more that expected. God know when this stressful phase will be over.

No Title

Thanks avi@vsc, rajc
     as advised by both of you, I will try to do it tomorrow.

Right now, my attorney has received a letter from NVC saying that they didn\'t have my file. Yesterday, my attorney called VSC and they said that I need to file for duplicate I-140 with these letters. So, my attorney is sending my I-140 petition with all the associated documentation once again to VSC....when asked about the time frame they said there is no time frame and it will acted soon only...

So, yesterday I was filling my I-140 petition once again.....after a full one year....

thanks,
raju

No Title

avi@vsc,
   I want to ask your advice...is it worth for me to try in New Delhi... I got my masters from Delhi...Recently, I found out my drivers licence which is from Delhi...
   But apart from that I didn\'t have anything....

No Title

rajum, personally I wouldn\'t go there. First of all, New Delhi is a strange consulate. They have absolutely no procedures in place and getting an accurate information over the phone from Delhi on these complicated issues is almost impossible. I have first hand information of how Delhi operates. It took me at least 20-25 calls to Delhi for them to atleast start accepting AC-140 cases. Everytime I called them there was a different answer from them. I would suggest you to send the application to Chennai. Atleast they will give you a firm answer "yes or no".

HTH

Again I-140. That\'s just unthinkable

Rajum,
It\'s just unthinkable to file I-140 once again. Can\'t VSC directly communicate with NVC or just send duplicate I-824 to NVC.
And now there is no way of knowing the time frame. It\'s just too much.
I am holding my breath to hear from my company next week.

RajC

No Title

Rajc,
  It seems that INS will send the original file and now they don\'t have my original petition. So, they ask me to file once again which they will send it to NVC...though my lawyer had a photocopy but since this is not original and so fresh signatures were obtained again.

thanks,
raju

Rajum & RajC

I haven\'t posted here in quite a while \'cause I\'ve been having problems of my own, which in no way compare to the hassles you two are having.

As you might remember I got my I-824 approved in Sept from VSC the file got sent to NVC and from there on to Dublin Consulate.

That\'s where the trouble starts. The Dublin consulate are telling me that they only received 1 piece of paper in their packet three from NVC. Thankfully through many phone calls to them by myself and my Lawyer they are going to accepct certified copies from my lawyer.
They basically want Labour cert and supporting documents I140 approval and I824 approval.

Now I think there was some big screw up in VSC/NVC and all our information barring my 1 piece of paper got lost. Somehow by the grace of God they still sent my 1 piece on to Dublin.

Tough break guys sorry.

No Title

magic panties,
   Sorry to hear your case ...I think most of us whose cases are approved around sept 1 somehow screwed up.

But in your last mail, you mentioned that NVC asked for more documentation from VSC as the documents are insufficient...
It\'s good that Dublin at least considering for Attorney certified copies.....
Wish you all the best...please keep posted about any developments..

thanks,
raju

Idea with lost case info

Here\'s an Idea.

File another I-824 for the Mexican or Canadian consulate (I\'m assuming both of these accept AC 140). Once you get the receipt notice you can file the AC 140. The I-824 probably wont get approved as they have lost the case details. Although at that stage you should have the green card and not have to worry about it.

Of course this may not work and may not be possible/legal, so ask your attorney what they think.

Just an Idea hope it helps.

Here is the update

My HR called VSC to find about the case and they said that by mistake, they might have send the case directly to consulate instead of NVC. They wanted two weeks of time to get file back from storage and will resend it to NVC.
I called consulate to check about the case but they have no info about it. I told them the whole nine yards. They adviced me to send attorney certified copies of I-140 petition and other related documents to them and they will schedule the interview.
Please advice me what to do now.....wait for VSC to send the case again to NVC or send consulate the above said documents.
To refrest your memories, my I-140 for AOS was changed to CP with just plain letter, not with I-824. approved on Sep 13,2001.

TIA

Did anyone filed I824 while I485 pending ever got their I485 canceled after I824 is approved?

Those of you already got I824 approve and had a pending I485 when filing I824,
Did anyone ever get any kind of notification from INS saying they have to cancel the I485 b/c of the I824 approval?
Or The I824 approval saying INS has to cancel I485 b/c they approved I824?

Any information is appreciated. My lawyer file I824 for us to go to Mexico before 9-11.
Canceled it early Oct. b/c Mexico no longer accept cases.
Now I824 is approved despite the fact that we have sent the request twice to cancel I824.
I really would like to find out whether my I485 will be affected b/c of this.

Thanks in advance!

Pursue AC I-140

If consulate can send you a in written that they will accept you AC I-140 without I-824 receipt then definitely go with that. Otherwise they may reject it.

My attorney is investigating my case since last week. Hopefully I will come to know in day or two.

RajC

Can we file ACI-140 after I-824 approval

I wonder whether it\'s allowed to file ACI-140 after I-824 got approved. I guess one has to file it before it\'s been approved with just a receipt.

Is that right ?

RajC

I485 will be cancelled as per Khanna.. Different Situation

Stonez,
As per Rajiv Khanna, I485 will be cancelled if your I824 is approved. It is better you check with your attorney..
By the way, am interested in knowing your I824 filing receipt date? Could you please post here....

No Title

CANiGETgc,
   My advice to you is just send AC-140 papers mentioning all the points in your case and mentioning the conversation with consulate.
Even if they reject AC-140, you are going to lose nothing....

thanks,
raju

Mk - Help.........

Hi Guys

My Lawyer screwed up in my I-140 ;-(, now he wants to file for me AC-140 and I-824 for CP in Mumbai.

Anyone who is or have gone this route,
Q 1) Does Mumbai accepts the AC-140 with or Without I-824.
Q 2) Do We have wait for the I-824 Approval Notice for the Interview.
Q 3) How much guestimate time does the whole process take.

Thanks in Advance.
-Mk

No Title

mumbai does accept AC-140 with I-824 receipt. They don\'t need the approval of I-824. I think within 3-4 months you will be done with GC.

HTH

Does Dublin consulate accept Attorney Certified documents for CP?

Does Dublin consulate accept Attorney Certified documents for CP? Can we do without I 824

Update

Hi Guys,
I got some update. Not much in the news though. But my attorney finally talked to NVC as well as INS and now INS is directly talking to NVC about my case. But yet I haven\'t heard from my attorney about what exactly INS and NVC decided or going to do about the case.
Attorney asked me to wait this week for reply from INS.

Any updates on any of you ?