Sepember visa bulleting is out

EB 3 World to march 2002

Doh....... I missed it by 13 days. Almost guaranteed retro for October. I'm out of here.

Last edited by a moderator:
this will be good news in october for EB2. Because ROW is current and EB1 is also. Those visa numbers must go to EB2 first than EB3.

Employment Third Preference

D. EMPLOYMENT THIRD PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

The Employment Third preference cut-off date for most countries has been advanced very rapidly in recent months in an effort to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit. As a result, applicant demand for numbers, particularly for adjustment of status cases at Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS) Offices, is expected to increase significantly. Therefore, it cannot be assumed that such advances will continue during the coming months. It should be noted that the Department of Labor expects to complete its backlog reduction effort during FY-2007. This effort will result in tens of thousands of cases, including many with very early priority dates, becoming eligible for processing at CIS Offices. This could require the retrogression of the Employment Third preference cut-off dates at any time during FY-2007.

brahmaputra said:

The Employment Third preference cut-off date for most countries has been advanced very rapidly in recent months in an effort to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit. As a result, applicant demand for numbers, particularly for adjustment of status cases at Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS) Offices, is expected to increase significantly. Therefore, it cannot be assumed that such advances will continue during the coming months. It should be noted that the Department of Labor expects to complete its backlog reduction effort during FY-2007. This effort will result in tens of thousands of cases, including many with very early priority dates, becoming eligible for processing at CIS Offices. This could require the retrogression of the Employment Third preference cut-off dates at any time during FY-2007.

Time to take a dip in brahmaputra!!

Classic case of USCIS miscalculating

brahmaputra said:

Judging by the above quote, appears that USCIS grave over-estimated the number of EB3 application coming out of BECs and held onto thousands of visa numbers until the very last month.

Personally, I am finally relieved that my PD became current (ROW Nov. 2001). At the same time, I am a little concerned about USCIS' ability to process 5 months worth of EB3 cases (minus India cases) during the month of September. Any thoughts??

blondhenge said:
S**T... I missed it by 13 days. Almost guaranteed retro for October. I'm out of here.

More like you have 1 more month to go. Spare a thought for those of us who's PD is 2006....

Darn. My date is April 10th, 2002.
Are you saying, almost guaranteed that by October EB3 World would move backwards or stagnate based on their comments ?
They are saying "at certain point in 2007 it should retrogress, right" ?

blondhenge said:
S**T... I missed it by 13 days. Almost guaranteed retro for October. I'm out of here.

Dam! I'm only 9 months off! I can only hope those cases in backlog stay there a little while. At least until the new fiscal year begins.

NN

Let's pray DOL delays this. Then EB1+EB3 potential unused visas go to EB3 World, as per guidelines from what people have posted here. Then if we are for the first time in 100 years lucky, who knows the good Lord could make move some more into 2002 because typically I think that between December 2002-Jan 2002 people are usually busy with Christmas and New Year and don't work hard to submit applications.

mdh3000 said:
Dam! I'm only 9 months off! I can only hope those cases in backlog stay there a little while. At least until the new fiscal year begins.

NN

Where are the BPC cases with very early PDs?

brahmaputra said:

----
It should be noted that the Department of Labor expects to complete its backlog reduction effort during FY-2007. This effort will result in tens of thousands of cases, including many with very early priority dates, becoming eligible for processing at CIS Offices. This could require the retrogression of the Employment Third preference cut-off dates at any time during FY-2007.
According to BPCs update on murthy.com

With the exception of one 2002 case, the case approvals from Dallas all had mid- to late-2004 priority dates. It seems, therefore, that Dallas is still operating on a Last-In / First-Out (LIFO) basis, rather than a First-In / First-Out (FIFO) system, as was originally planned for processing all BPC cases.

Philadelphia mostly adjudicated cases with late 2002 and early 2003 priority dates. They are closer to the FIFO system.

If Philadelphia BPC is closer to FIFO system and currently processing early 2003 PDs and Dallas BPC is currently processing mid to late 2004 PDs,
where are the tens of thousands of BPC cases with very early PDs which DOS is expecting to flood the system in FY 2007?

Why did EB3 India and EB3 Mexico not become Unavailable

If the demand for visa numbers in EB3 categories have indeed been so high that the PDs have been hovering in Apr2001 for both India and Mexico, why did this category not become Unavailable?

Why is DOS choking the inflow and USCIS processing the quota for the last quarter of FY2006 slowly?

I suspect they will repeat this past year of retrogression

marlon2006 said:
Darn. My date is April 10th, 2002.
Are you saying, almost guaranteed that by October EB3 World would move backwards or stagnate based on their comments ?
They are saying "at certain point in 2007 it should retrogress, right" ?

I've read the comment in the bulletin repeatedly and agree that it is somewhat cryptic as to what will happen come October.

I just remember reading (about a month ago) that DOS was predicting "Severe Retrogression" for EB-3. At the time, a lot of us concluded that come October, they will retrogress everything again (like they did in 2005).

I hope we both luck out--I actually thought we would luck out for this bulletin.

In the meantime, I have a very good offer in Canada that I may very well accept because of this.

Forgive them for they not what they are doing!

As one of you had posted the link to the CIS Ombudsman's report, you can see on page 16 of the report, the country of chargeability is not systematically captured leaving DOS to set dates on their best guess!

Why on earth would you make EB2 India unavailable, when EB1 is current all across and obviously have plenty left to keep it that way the whole month. If the unused EB1 does not flow down to lower categories, these visas are lost for GOOD. Making EB2 current for rest of the world has not soaked up your numbers either! You just want to target CHINDIA, the latter the most!

Or are they keeping these visas for recapture by a future Congress in a few years for God knows who!!!

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetli...Report_2006.pdf.

Those of you who saw Colbert report on Comedy Central - comparison of Black & Decker cordless vacuum to some politician taking a vacation, if you dont take a vacation and recharge yourself, you wont suck! CIS/DOS, if you wont let the limited visas go waste, you wont suck anymore!
I feel sorry for you guys in EB2 India.

I am a happy camper in EB3/H1B retiring in 8-10 years, watching the DOS/USCIS dance, Senate/House dance, Labor substitution dance...., the MC, the CIS Ombudsman, coming out and saying years from now, 'Oh, there was a bug in the program, we double counted all the Employment based visas in 2005, 2006!!' and screwed the lives of so many so well! Anyway they were all odd skin colors! Not much harm done! We can recapture those numbers to bring in much needed ........

H

Yooklid said:
More like you have 1 more month to go. Spare a thought for those of us who's PD is 2006....

I'm expecting a repeat of last October with a huge retro again. The DOS has already basically said that again... I believe their words were "Severe Retrogression" when they were talking about EB-3.

And yes, I do sympathise with your 2006 PD. However, I've been waiting well over 4 years already--you're still a youngster in this process. It's a terrible process... I just hope the reward is there in the end.

Has USCIS approved 3200+ cases for India EB-2 and EB-3 in this fiscal year?
or they just want to waste them because last year they approved too many...

Hanuman55 said:
As one of you had posted the link to the CIS Ombudsman's report, you can see on page 16 of the report, the country of chargeability is not systematically captured leaving DOS to set dates on their best guess!

Why on earth would you make EB2 India unavailable, when EB1 is current all across and obviously have plenty left to keep it that way the whole month. If the unused EB1 does not flow down to lower categories, these visas are lost for GOOD. Making EB2 current for rest of the world has not soaked up your numbers either! You just want to target CHINDIA, the latter the most!

Or are they keeping these visas for recapture by a future Congress in a few years for God knows who!!!

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetli...Report_2006.pdf.

Those of you who saw Colbert report on Comedy Central - comparison of Black & Decker cordless vacuum to some politician taking a vacation, if you dont take a vacation and recharge yourself, you wont suck! CIS/DOS, if you wont let the limited visas go waste, you wont suck anymore!
I feel sorry for you guys in EB2 India.

I am a happy camper in EB3/H1B retiring in 8-10 years, watching the DOS/USCIS dance, Senate/House dance, Labor substitution dance...., the MC, the CIS Ombudsman, coming out and saying years from now, 'Oh, there was a bug in the program, we double counted all the Employment based visas in 2005, 2006!!' and screwed the lives of so many so well! Anyway they were all odd skin colors! Not much harm done! We can recapture those numbers to bring in much needed ........

H

Why is it all about skin colour with you?

Look, I can see how you can say the quota system is unfair in EB based etc etc, but they are clearly applying the rules by the way they are. There are over 40 countries in africa, the last time I looked they were dark skinned and they each get the same quota as the european countries. India with its population of twice that of the whole of Africa gets messed up by the policy.
Where in all this do you see the US screweing coloured people.
Educated folks ought to rise above this sort of thing, I expect this more from those like Al Sharpton etc. who blame all their woes on race.

We need the SKIL bill and it should rise or fail on its merits. If as it looks CIR fails, then it will open a window for SKIL. Lets reserve judgement.

No surprises ...

Guys and Gals,

I didn't find any surprises in the visa bulletin. It is painfully amusing to watch them move the EB3 India dates between the 1st and 15th of April. Over the last three bulletins the date has gone from the 7th of April to the 15th and then back to the 1st of April.

EB2 and EB3 India will continue to struggle. There are several reasons behind this and I will not get into it again because the usual suspects will insist on getting into useless arguements. The reasons are a combination of high demand and a conservative approach.

Its a total crap shoot for India EB3s in 07. If BEC backlogs produce tons of 01 and prior PDs then we are screwed. The timing will be crucial. If these do no show up till December then there is some hope for 01 filers. Its going to be pure luck.

On the flip side there is always a possibility that the DOS will go into super conservative mode and throw the dates back to 98 for EB3 India. Anything is possible with these ridiculous agencies.

later,

saras