Sep - Dec : Montreal CPers.

4 to 6 weeks is the standard reply

Surely your case will be reviewed sooner, likely 2 weeks or less. As for the "expidited" service for submitting the visa numbers, wouldn\'t count on it. Mine was between the 20th and 31st, asked the same, and they gave the simple "no" for an answer.

But it is getting ever closer. Keep up your high spirits.

NVC misplaced documents; informs after 6 weeks to refile; check cashed

My case hit a snag. My case file was opened on August 13th. After cashing check; NVC lost my entire file. Now they have asked me to resubmit documents in it\'s entirity.

My lawyer told me that they need a copy of cashed check and resigned documents once again for filing.

What a mess up.

Montreal and Toronto Same day medical (for Montreal appointments)

Toronto Medical Appointment for Montreal Interview
All appointments occur between 7:00 am to 8:30 am on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. You may come any time between 7:00 and 8:30 am. The appointments are early so we can have your information processed and your finished documents ready for pick-up by 4:00 pm on the same day that you have come for the medical.

Scheduling:
If there is some difficulty in scheduling an appointment during the above times, call our receptionist at 416-362-5603 or (toll-free) 1-866-362-5603 and we will endeavor to make another arrangement for you.

Dr. Howard Seiden & Associates (http://www.panelphysicians.com/)

Montreal same day results?

The panelphysicians site mentions "same day results" only for the Toronto office, not Montreal. Have things changed, or are you simply confusing us?

My intention is not that of confusing but giving people an alternative

I do not believe some one will write like this. I am just providing information for those who have the option to go to Toronto. Please use reading skills to make a wise decision. My apologies.

I am not talking about your personal agenda. I do not even know who this doctor is. Just for the benefit of those who can use this info. I hope you understand.

Montreal question

Folks, am a new user, and was very glad to see this thread dedicated to Montreal-CPers. should be receiving Packet 3 in
6- 7 weeks. have two questions for you. 1) what have you heard about CPing in montreal. is there someone you know who tlaks about experience in montreal. we are permanent residents of canada and opted for CP in montreal...but someone raised doubts recently about the same again. i know friends who have had excellent experiences in india, but they were worried about montreal, especially after sept. 11th. 2) my wife came independently to the USA and has been on an F1 ever since. i was on F1 and am now on H1. she is going to india for a couple months and we were hoping to go for CP interview after she comes back. the advisor here raised the question that she has to change to H4 before she goes as
the H-visa allows for dual intent but the F does not?

Previous Montreal CP experiences

Use the search engine on the site. Search for Montreal and you will get many hits.

Some example experiences from the past few months:
cajk "Montreal CP Successful on Sep 27" 10/2/01 8:29pm
http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?230@@.efc528e
http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?128@@.efc17f5
Fitz "Sucessful CP in Montreal" 8/29/01 3:46pm
Veteran "Montreal CP Success!" 8/29/01 10:44am
chennaicper "Montreal CP Success" 8/6/01 11:12pm
Sky Sailer "CP Successful in Montreal" 8/1/01 11:57am
nrao "Montreal CP Successful" 7/25/01 8:29am
tsalman "Success in Montreal CP interview" 7/20/01 5:34pm
GC Dreamer "CP SUCCESSFULY COMPLETED AT MONTREAL !!!" 7/21/01 10:41am
Veteran "my experience @ Montreal - Part I" 7/19/01 12:07pm
http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?230@@.ef9ab94
http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?230@@.ef96c55

As for your second question, returning on an F1 visa could be risky. Definately seek additional advice on that one. The same situation holds true for those attempting to re-enter on a TN visa while processing for I-140 or CP.

thanks Steve

Steve, this is Akola. thanks for your info...and the examples of the recent success stories. just as a question to the group...what happens in case our CP gets denied...are we still able to enter the US and resume our work here?

If CP denied

If the CP is denied, then it is probably due to fraud, criminal activity or out-of-status. Therefore, the chances of getting back into the US having committed fraud or having a criminal background, are slim to none. If a person were out of status for a long time, then they could be barred from entry for 10 years as well.

If a person is asked to provide more evidence or change living location, etc. then it is likely that one can get back, depending on the severity.

Bottom line is that if a person tells the truth, doesnt\'t have any noteable criminal history, having stayed "in-status" while in the US, etc then you have nothing to worry about for re-entering the US or CP being approved.

TN will expire while CP

My TN will expire on January and I will still be waiting for an interview in Montreal. Can anyone tell me if it\'s a problem to renew a TN visa while consular processing.

NVC case complete - waiting for interview date

I called NVC last week and was told my case was reviewed and completed. But they didn\'t have an interview date for me yet.
I am hoping to get a December interview. Is this a realistic
expectation, considering the holiday season? Another question:
when does NVC start scheduling interviews every month - after the
20th?

Thanks.

Ruski01

Look like you are not the First one..??

I have been waiting from July.. On interview dates. No Luck as yet..
Just get RFI to reapeat the info that is already in file..??

They asked for my Birth Certificate.>?

I am being asked for BC ( Letter say need Translations )

But my BC was already in English..? Look like they are simply buying
time to delay appln. as much as they can..? don\'t understand why..?

NVC timing for Montreal

Ruski,
NVC schedules the interviews for Montreal after getting the visa numbers back from the State Dept. in Washington. This is about a week after the 20th of the month. You should be able to find out the interview date by about the 7th of the next month. A December interview seems very probable. Good Luck.

No Title

My Pkt3 was received by NVC from St.Louis on Oct. 2, but has not been reviewed and they say it will take 4 - 6 weeks to review.
Yet, SteveD\'s Pkt3 has been reviewed in 11 days. Since when it takes 4 - 6 weeks?

Question about interview dates and matching times:All experts please reply

Dear Montreal CP-ers,
I am in a quandry and need your expert suggestions. I received my Packet 3 this week (first week of Nov), and I just sent my fingerprint request to RCMP and hopefully will get that back in mid-Dec. My wife and daughter have to go back home in the last week of November (abroad) for 4 months (for a family ceremony) and therefore will be back in the first week of April 02. i need advice on how to time my wife\'s coming back and the interview date from Montreal consulate. i realize from SteveD\'s and other posts that it usually takes about 3-4 months from packet 3 receipt to interview date.

i wrote to the Montreal consulate about my situation, and they said that i could do the interview process first and then she could do it later....which means she would have to go for interview and medicals separately. we would obviously like to avoid this and go together for convenience\'s sake and for the sake of our 2-year old daughter.

from SteveD\'s detailed post after CP interview, it was mentioned that as NVC sends us packet 3, they also send the packet 3 info and I-140 info to the consulate....therefore, would it help at all in delaying sending in COMPLETED packet 3 to St. Louis late, say in Dec end or January so that i can match the interview date to make sure that i get it after my wife comes back?

what would you folks suggest?
also, a stupid question, what is the best way to access THIS discussion group instead of browsing through everthing else?
thanks for your time,

akola

Do I need I-134

Hello fellow CPers for montreal
I am single and doing employment based
I am about to send my pk3. I need to know whether I have to include photocopy of I-134.
Is it better to photocopy of all pages of my passport or just biography section they saked for?
thanks for your help

No Title

I\'m new to Montreal CP so I can not answer your question. But may be you can answer mine since you got your P3. Its hard to know what\'s in the P3 for Canadians from the info posted. I have two questions:
1. What documents have to be submitted with the P3.
2. What is the exact wording about the Police Certificate in the "OF-169 for Canadian Applicants". Does it clearly say you need finger print based PC or it just says PC.

I have a name based one which I got two months ago and they told me that when you put a request for PC and you are physically in Canada and requesting it in person it could be name based. However, if you are physically outside Canada and would like a PC you need to get your finger prints taken and etc.

Thanks

No Title

I have the same question how we could access this thread?
I always put the keyword "Montreal" in the search box
and end up here.

Delaying the packet 3 forms may look like a good idea in your case. But consult with the lawyer. I was in the same kind of situation since my was pregnant at the time I was sending the forms, so I wanted to avoid travelling during the last month of pregnancy. But my lawyer\'s office adviced me to send the forms without delaying, they said the interview can be re-scheduled if necessary.

But it turned out alright for me, we are going to the interview in Dec. Our baby is now 4 mos old already.

Good Luck
Eelavan
So consult your lawyer.