Sep - Dec : Montreal CPers.

Mamba

Registered Users (C)
Keep this thread alive. A post or 2 a day will suffice. Let\'s keep sharing info until Christmas. This thread is for those of us with approved 140s and pending interiews @ MTL. Thanks.

Average RCMP clearance duration?

I\'ve been waiting close to 2 months now for the RCMP clearance. What have others exeperienced wrt time they take?

That\'s terrible.

Maybe your case was an exception? What time frames did others experience?

No Title

It took me around 2 months to get my Finger Print based PC from RCMP. I ran out of patience sitting with a completed
pkt 3 so I went for the name based check whcih takes about a week and sent the pkt 3 with a copy of the same
(which is allowed from what I have heard since I am a canadian resident currently, of course, i still will not know for sure
till my interview is compeleted in nov/dec)

Will wait.

I\'ve got P3 ready to go, except for the RCMP clearance. Will wait. Might even delay sending in the P3 further to avoid going to Montreal in the middle of Winter. April would be nice.

fingerprinting in the US for RCMP

Where can one get fingerprinting done in the US for RCMP\'s PC? The local police stations (state / city) refused to do FPs for immigration.

Also, can we send Packet III before getting the results from RCMP?

Bay Area?

Tough to get local police to do FP here. Have you tried your friendly neighborhood Mailboxes, etc?

Fingerprinting Not Required for Canada PCC?

I posted this in another discussion. Per my conversation with Montreal Consulate (514-398-9695), they accept Name based PCC from Canada. A fingerprint based PCC is not required.

However, when I called RCMP (613 998-6362), they indicated that an FP based PCC is a must, and that a name based PCC will be rejected and we\'ll have to do an FP based later (thus, we\'ll end up paying for both).

What we need is an attestation from a successful Montreal CP\'er who managed with a name based PCC. Anyone?

60 days?

Beats me why it takes that long for FP-based, while name-based is virtually immediate.

No Title

If you are based in Canada, and if you can hand deliver the finger prints to RCMP,Ottawa then the wait time is cut down to 30 days. I was told this when I had called RCMP.

When the FPs are mailed in, it takes sometime to transfer the packages...this was the response I had got.

But I think I got ones for my wife in less than 45 days.

Add a letter and EXPLAIN in DETAILS that you need them for your US Immigration and you have to send in your documents ALONGWITH the FPs. And call them once in 2 weeks to check the progress. That should help.

I was told to do this by the CS rep and it DID help us a lot.

Veteran

RCMP Address

It took me about 5 wks to get the RCMP certificate.
The address is:
RCMP Operations Center
155 McArthur Ave
Ottawa, ON
Tel: 613 993 8887

I don\'t have the postal code for it, you should be able to find out on the web.

I handed in the FP myself, not via mail or anything. I guess it is quicker this way.

No Title

Bubba:
YOu HAVE TO do your RCMP clearance before you receive your p3. You have to send a copy of the RCMP clearance alongwith your p3. Else you have to wait till you get your clearance....

Unless NVC is ok with Name Based....

Clarify with NVC at (603)334-0700

Veteran

Police Clearance, PK3, Birth Cert, Waiting.....

I got my FP done at Oakland, CA police station and sent to RCMP. It took two months to clear.

- Indian Police clearance obtained from Indian Embassy.
- Birth Certificate (affidavit and No Record of Birth Statement from India)
- PK3 sent to NVC in August
- Received at NVC on August 13th
- File has, yet, not been processed. Waiting .......

Ravi

Fingerprinting for canadian

Hi I am canadian citizen and I also want to know if I need a fingerprint based police certificat for CP in Montreal or if a name based is ok. Please let me know when you find out.

And I would like to know how long it takes for a name based PCC.

Thank you

police certificate

I saw you mentioned that you the PC from consulate in one day and the fee was 20 , but the forms from the embassy website say tha the fee is $11 , am l looking at the wrong form . thanks for the info,

Police Certificate from Indian Embassy

You will need to send $ 11 for police certificate and $ 22 for Telex Charges and $5 for postage
in washington DC.. ( Indian Embassy has also started " Rip Off " Buisness )