Sep. 2008 Visa Bulletin

greatgc

Registered Users (C)
Any guess?

Since I do not see many approvals, logically speaking, dates should at least stay where they are now, for EB2 India/China.

In best case , it may move forward.

I think so, So far may be 20 to 30 approvals out of 20 or 30 thousand remaining visas.

hey greatgc , when is your Infopass appointment?

Ask them about finger printing expiry.

I had one yesterday.

They said, no new FP is currently issued for me. It may be because USCIS may not need any from me.

I am seriously thinking about WOM.

Are you taking any info pass after Aug. 10th? Is so, please let us know what ever they tell you.

You never know until they release. In worst case it can go to "U".
Any guess?

Since I do not see many approvals, logically speaking, dates should at least stay where they are now, for EB2 India/China.

In best case , it may move forward.

You never know until they release. In worst case it can go to "U".

But only for a month. September is the last month of the fiscal year, so as the numbers used bump up against the quotas (or don't) you may see some interesting fluctuations in the priority dates for this month, but you should not draw any conclusions from this.

A new quota opens up in October, and that's the month you should be interested in.

Thanks greatgc, I dont have any plans for INFOPASS.

The thing is thes guys dont give concrete info. If you call customer service same day 4 times.. we will hear 4 different types of views.

These guys will never go according to the rules ...I talked to one guys he says .. you are good dont worry about your finger prints expiry and the other one said .. your finger prints are expired .. you have to do it again .. we will put a request .... we dont know when you receive the notice.

Man .. I never seen a dept this much out of sync.

I will update if I have any updates.

I had one yesterday.

They said, no new FP is currently issued for me. It may be because USCIS may not need any from me.

I am seriously thinking about WOM.

Are you taking any info pass after Aug. 10th? Is so, please let us know what ever they tell you.

I agree with VJ2004-
their customer service professionals respond very different if you call four times a day. you get four different answers. Which one to rely. In one case lady told me I m in the processing time so no SR can be requested. after half an hour SR was requested through another. And nobody ever cared to look at that SR so far. It is almost 30 days. I will wait it to be 45 days.
They should take this customer service off and provide email feedback. that way it will be more in sync. US immigration rules are so complicated (H1/EAD/cap/non cap/adjustment of status oh my god...) that you wont get some body skilled enough to answer anything I guess...:) unless they put some lawyers there. Human brain has limited capacity and I think the problem is not with USCIS professionals. It is with the rule makers. It is time they make one application for online resident work permit. We need some changers out here.

I do agree. Customer Service of USCIS is total waste of taxpayers money. Most of the time they are very rude. Some give very funny and contradicting answers!! I got at least 10 different answers in last month. No body want to go to the root cause.

Thanks greatgc, I dont have any plans for INFOPASS.

The thing is thes guys dont give concrete info. If you call customer service same day 4 times.. we will hear 4 different types of views.

These guys will never go according to the rules ...I talked to one guys he says .. you are good dont worry about your finger prints expiry and the other one said .. your finger prints are expired .. you have to do it again .. we will put a request .... we dont know when you receive the notice.

Man .. I never seen a dept this much out of sync.

I will update if I have any updates.

I would suggest all of you 2005 PERM filers and who ever finger prints already expired or ready to expire .....guys at least open a SR to schedule your finger prints, we never know what happens.

-Vj

Sep 2008 Visa Bulletin

08/13/2008: September 2008 Visa Bulletin

Employment-Based:
Row: EB-1=C, EB-2=C, EB-3=U, EB-EW=U, EB-4=C, EB-5=C
China: EB-1=C, EB-2=08/01/2006, EB-3=U, EB-EW-U, EB-4=C, EB-5=C
India: EB-1=C, EB-2=08/01/2006, EB-3=U, EB-EW=U, EB-4=C, EB-5=C
Mexico: EB-1=C, EB-2=C, EB-3=U, EB-EW-U, EB-4=C, EB-5=C
Philippines: EB-1=C, EB-2=C, EB-3=U, EB-EW=U, EB-4=C, EB-5=C

Copied from other sites.

08/13/2008: September 2008 Visa Bulletin

Employment-Based:
Row: EB-1=C, EB-2=C, EB-3=U, EB-EW=U, EB-4=C, EB-5=C
China: EB-1=C, EB-2=08/01/2006, EB-3=U, EB-EW-U, EB-4=C, EB-5=C
India: EB-1=C, EB-2=08/01/2006, EB-3=U, EB-EW=U, EB-4=C, EB-5=C
Mexico: EB-1=C, EB-2=C, EB-3=U, EB-EW-U, EB-4=C, EB-5=C
Philippines: EB-1=C, EB-2=C, EB-3=U, EB-EW=U, EB-4=C, EB-5=C

Copied from other sites.

Not much surprised but where are Visa numbers under EB2 for Ind?? There are 100's of thousands PERM filers from March 2005 - Aug-2006.

Stupid USCIS. No Brain:mad:

i agree with you why they act like they dont know each other. they know approximately how many applications are there. They should have less than 20K visa and there are many more thousands of eb2 in the line.to me progressing the date is more to please others (probably senate not to do anything)

i agree with you why they act like they dont know each other. they know approximately how many applications are there. They should have less than 20K visa and there are many more thousands of eb2 in the line.to me progressing the date is more to please others (probably senate not to do anything)

USCIS does not have "thousands" of EB-2 India applications. They definetly have a lot of applications, i.e., more than what can be approved using FY 2008 immigrant visa numbers, but the situation is not that alarming.

If USCIS indeed had several applications with priority dates earlier than 2006, they would have never informed the State Department that the date can be forwarded to June 2006 in August 2008 visa bulletin. Dates in the visa bulletin are arrived based on a close consultation between USCIS, Consular posts with the Department of State.

With that being said, not every application with priority date in 2005 or 2006 (or earlier) will get approved in next few months as the demand continues to outcast supply. However, the demand is widely exaggerated on most occasions.

It's also worth nothing that while USCIS may have plenty of EB2 cases, they may have told DOS that they intend to use only a subset of the remaining visa numbers, leaving the rest to the consulates. If the consulates don't have enough cases to handle and need more to use up the numbers, then DOS needs to move the date forward to ensure that the numbers get used.