Sent to Nebraska, received by Texas ??????

Hhemc

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I filed my I-485 in the beginning of this month and today I received the receipt. My RD is sept. 12 and the nd is sept. 14 and I have sent all my docs to the Nebraska service center. But my receipt number is SRC not LIN and the service center is Texas Service center. Is it normal? I tried to check the processing dates for the Texas Service Center, but the have only employment based and Nicaraguan blah-blah-blah petitions on the list. My guess is that they are transfering new filed cases to Texas in order to make things quicker. Am i right?

Thanks

Thanks Lazer!! Do you think I will be able to adjust my status within 2 years from now?

Hhemc said:
Thanks Lazer!! Do you think I will be able to adjust my status within 2 years from now?
or just the hurricune RITA who tooke your all file from Nebraska to Texas for a quicker prossece :D :D that is a good thing but only your receipt number will chaged to "TEX005XXXXX :rolleyes: :D :D like a car license plate lol but seriously it is a good sign indeed :)

lacoste said:
or just the hurricune RITA who tooke your all file from Nebraska to Texas for a quicker prossece :D :D that is a good thing but only your receipt number will chaged to "TEX005XXXXX :rolleyes: :D :D like a car license plate lol but seriously it is a good sign indeed :)

DON'T YOU GUYS HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN POST NEW NOTES AT NIGHT? :) :) :)

I think waiting for 3 years is not that bad. If USCIS REALLY decides to eliminate that f***** backlog by the end of 2006, a lot of people will be very happy. I am in the very beginning of this probably not very long trip and will try to be patient (but I guess I will check my case status online twice a day!!!).

Hhemc said:
Guys,

I filed my I-485 in the beginning of this month and today I received the receipt. My RD is sept. 12 and the nd is sept. 14 and I have sent all my docs to the Nebraska service center. But my receipt number is SRC not LIN and the service center is Texas Service center. Is it normal? I tried to check the processing dates for the Texas Service Center, but the have only employment based and Nicaraguan blah-blah-blah petitions on the list. My guess is that they are transfering new filed cases to Texas in order to make things quicker. Am i right?

Thanks
Mine also SRC. I applied 485 on Dec,2000. Back then I was told to send my 485 application to TSC (Texas Service Center) by IO. As I did that I even received a notice letter from INS saying they received my application with a ND Dec,2000. But year 2002 I received a transfer notice from USCIS saying my case has been transfered to NSC (LIN). I was really worried since reading all this people in this forum has LIN # where else I got SRC #. But it makes me feel good thinking there are others also got that SRC # just like you.
I think we are just fine.