Sent EAD renewal.

patienceGC

Registered Users (C)
My RD is 10/18 my EAD expires in Jan.

My company advised me to apply for the EAD so that they are covered if my application doesn’t get approved tool then.

I don’t know if anyone in the forum cares about this but thought I'll post anyway.

To all the people who have less than 4 months on their EAD… you guys should think about renewing it just in case because the approval duration may become longer and if 90 days hasn’t passed since you applied and you case is still pending, you might be removed from the payroll.

- Abithakuchambal

The last time i spoke with myattorney she said that they would not apply for renewal until 60 days before the expiration of the EAD. I guess I have to start coaxing them to file for my renewals soon. my EAD / AP expire on Jan 18th 2003.

patienceGC

Good descision, buddy for all you know, as is the trend, as soon as your checks are cleared, you will get approved.

:D :D :D

phoupkari

Your lawyer is wrong.

You have to do it NOW!

My immigration manager called me and asked me to send back the app immediately. She said she was on vacation and hence couldnt contact me earlier. She even sent me a return envelope for the papers and asked me to send it the next day!

You dont have time to coax... download the forms and send them ASAP.

July16... my company pays for it so its cool :D I even offered them to wait until the month end and thats when she told me about the gravity of the situation.

- Mangatha

Phoa Upkari,
If you file for renewal before 90 days and your EAD is not approved in time, you can go to a nearest INS office to get EAD.
It is better to get started now.

Re: phoupkari

Originally posted by patienceGC

July16... my company pays for it so its cool :D I even offered them to wait until the month end and thats when she told me about the gravity of the situation.

patienceGC

Even Better

i applied for ead extension

hi

RD:- 10/18
ND:- 11/28
EAD:- 12/11
FP:- 05/14

Talked to lawyer and lawyer said do not need to apply. Then talked to immigration officer ( iio ) and she said to be on the safer side i should apply.. so yesterday my lawyer sent my ead extension to ins.. even though i am not using it and i still have h1 valid for 1 more year.. i filed it.. it's always better to file than not filing specially when company is taking care of the money :p

When you have nothing to lose and you want a peace of mind .. apply! :)
My EAD expires at the end of Jan 2003 and the company already sent the application for renewal early in October.

Thanks patienceGC and Kat0520 for ur advice

I had wanted to apply for the renewal in first week of October itself, but my lawyer insisted on waiting a little bit. I have been trying to reach her all morning. Hopefully will get this done asap.

EAD renewal Info

Guys,
FYI, I Fedexed my EAD renewal application on the 14th; the check was posted against my account yesterday. While the renewal takes some time, it's much faster than last year. And I hoped that I would not need it!

phoaupkari

Forget the Lawyer, as is Very clear from this Forum, its very easy and simple to file for EAD Renewal on your own, even though I did go thru my Lawyer, what I am trying to say is learn from My Mistake, and do it yourself.

Like I said Earlier think of it as Insurance.

july 16th..

I had mailed my EAD renewal on Oct 1st since I received an RFE and EAD was expiring on Dec 12th..............checks were cashed on
the 9th.........Received my receipt for EAD ..........but no card yet............

I hope my RFE gets approved rather than INS sending me EAD card....:)

tusker75

As long as you have the Receipt, You know they have processed your application, so just relax.

I like your Thinking, that you rather have the Approval, rather than the EAD, and believe me you will.

Hi,

It may be true, the minute INS receives the money for EAD renewal... they approve the I-485.

My EAD is getting expired by next month end. I have send in my EAD renewal papers along with the payment chek. Let's see if they approve my case by next week or so. It really maybe a coincidence for all of us to have the approval done as soon as the receive the payment.

We cannot generalize this but... still the lingering thought still remains whether if the INS is doing this.

Cheers.:)

hmmm

It may be one of their schemes to make money!

They probably laugh like a villan when they get the check and then update the status to approve.

:mad:

In any case I'd like to see the approval!

Probably when they get EAD renewal they say "Mogambo Khush hua, isk I-485 approve karo"

I too today fedexed EAD renewal (expiring on 30th January) RD 10/22/2001

Self Filing for EAD

Patience-GC, July-16 and others:

Could you please provide the list of materials one should file for EAD application. My EAD is going to end by Feb, 03. Based on the discussion, I am encouraged to apply for it now.
Also where can I find the application form.

Thanks in advance.

MrMr

EAD renewal: No Receipt yet.

Mailed EAD renewal forms overnight fedex morning on Oct 11. So far check has not been encashed.

No receipt notice yet. Any thoughts about whether they issue ND before Oct 22 (to get it within 90 days of expiry) or not? (assuming ND binds for days calculation instead of RD)

Tried to walk into a local office in CA (current residence), only to be asked to send it to VSC, since 485 is pending there.

Last year same time (Oct) filed for 485, AP, EAD and due to attorney mess, all were returned and my RD went up to Dec 01!!

Don't know if they approve 485 in next 90 days? (sounds optimistic ??)

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: