Self-employed Immigration from UK

davedave

Probably not the correct forum for this, but wasn't sure which was the correct one.

Interested in relocating to the US from the UK, myself, my wife and one child (15 years old).

I'm self-employed and run a profitable business online, quite a bit of my revenue is US based (around $50,000 from the US each year).

Ideal plan would be to sell up in the UK and move to the US, buy a house and run the business form the US. Since the business is online can basically run it from anywhere with Internet access. I have no employees and have no plans to have any.

If we sell up we'll have around $250,000 to $300,000 cash, would probably spend up to $150,000 on a house after renting for 3-6 months to be sure the US was for us.

Although I went to University I didn't finish the degree (finished after year 2) and don't have any recognised qualifications (lots of higher education study, but nothing finished that would count). I don't need a job, earn more than enough money to live in the US, but couldn't find an obvious immigration route. Is it a realistic possibility to relocate to the US permanently?

Thanks

Dave

The U.S. is not for your situation. Try Canada. They might let you immigrate under the conditions and circumstances that you are looking for.