Selective Service letter and N-400 Interview

ragged

Registered Users (C)
So I have my interview tomorrow and I have not received my letter from Selective Service saying I am exempt from registration. I'm a bit worried. It's been over 7 weeks since I sent the request in. Phone calls don't get any results. I entered the country on F1 and was in college until after 26th bday. I have copies of what I sent to SS as proof. Letter from school, copy of passport, visa etc.

I guess I'll bring those to the interview, explain and hope for the best. Anybody here had a similar situation?

Thanks,

Proof of your status at the time is evidence that you didn't have to register for Selective Service.

Maybe it got lost in the mail? I received my letter from Selective Service 6 days after I called them....

Well, I don't think they processed it yet. When I enter my info over the phone, no record is found. I'm 35 now, I have docs to show my status as F1 when I entered US 1 month before my 26th b-day, so I hope it's ok.

Well, I don't think they processed it yet. When I enter my info over the phone, no record is found. I'm 35 now, I have docs to show my status as F1 when I entered US 1 month before my 26th b-day, so I hope it's ok.

You should be fine.

Interview was successful. Took the oath same day. IO only made me do an affidavit for the selective service as my letter of exemption has still not arrived. Thanks for the words of support guys.