• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Selectees on 22nd October, report here!

I just called KCC, and the lady told me that selection was carried out on 22nd of October, and additional winners selected.

Last edited by a moderator:

You don't even have an idea of when air priority mail stopped.

DOS stopped sending air mail from DV2012 that winning applicants can check their winning status via their website and get their NL.

You did get my point though -- and you're saying there was no 2nd drawing. Sorry but from what I've seen on numerous forums - and even here on this one, there has been a 2nd selection. New case numbers came to light. I am 100% sure of that. There were no European case numbers higher than 27k until October 22, anywhere on the Internet. As of October 22, new case numbers came to light -- some people got 28k, 29k (that polish person on that forum), and even 30k on a Russian forum. All these people claimed to have been selected on October 22.

So your theory with hidden winners or that was no drawing is not true.

Sorry but I'll have to call that BS. There is no such thing as hidden winners or whatever. The Department of State has clearly selected 100k entrants on May 1st, 2012 for further processing. Okay? okay. Now, since this is the first year when they are not mailing notification letters, a lot of the so called "winners" don't even know they have won. Most of them have lost the confirmation number and cannot check, or have lost interest, etc. So since the Department of State received a poor response from the selected entrants so far, thus allowing them to approximate the number of possible Diversity Visas that'll be issued, they will periodically select more winners as they go, that's why they are asking you all to keep your confirmation number until at least SEPTEMBER 2013. If you weren't selected on May 1st, don't lose hope. If you weren't selected on October 22, don't lose hope. Keep on checking your entry status on the dv lottery website throughout this and next year. Until at least next summer.

I strongly believe the Department of State will keep on selecting new winners as they go since this year, for the first time probably in history, they are on the verge of reaching an all time low in what concerns Diversity Visa issuance. So they will periodically select more and more in order to fill that gap.

There's is a limit of time non selectees have to check their status cos september 30,2013 is the deadline for issuance of visas alloted for DV2013 and once that date so the end of DV2013.

Always know this that there have been hidden winners in DV programs cos you don't expect DOS to reveal this.Take it or live it.

Hey guys, stop arguing with each other. It is confirmed now, that selection has taken place, and more winners were selected on 22nd October.

Best of luck!

And guys, your opinions? Since it is confirmed now that there was a selection of more winners on 22nd October. How would this second selection affect the cut-off numbers in the next bulletin?

Best of luck!

You did get my point though -- and you're saying there was no 2nd drawing. Sorry but from what I've seen on numerous forums - and even here on this one, there has been a 2nd selection. New case numbers came to light. I am 100% sure of that. There were no European case numbers higher than 27k until October 22, anywhere on the Internet. As of October 22, new case numbers came to light -- some people got 28k, 29k (that polish person on that forum), and even 30k on a Russian forum. All these people claimed to have been selected on October 22.

So your theory with hidden winners or that was no drawing is not true.

I will have to save my time cos can see you seems not understand what they call hidden winners.

Anyway goodluck to you.

And guys, your opinions? Since it is confirmed now that there was a selection of more winners on 22nd October. How would this second selection affect the cut-off numbers in the next bulletin?

Best of luck!

Guys pls check the Oct selectees and see if their NL is dated Oct 22,2012 and not May 1,2012.

You will notice that the date written on their NL is May 1, 2012 and not Oct 22,2012 cos if there was a second draw it would show the date of announcement of the results just like the one of May 1,2012 or like the date of previous years of being released which to say these october selectees were drawn in that May 1st but only released some percentage of results base on their own reasons cos if there was a second draw there could/would be clashing of Case Number CN maybe in general or in a particular region.

Well only DOS knows what they are doing.I am not here to dispute their scene or act.

The KCC lady just told me that 10,000 new winners were selected on 22nd October. On asking how many of them belonged to which region, she said that they don't have that information. All that they know is that 10,000 winners were indeed selected on 22nd October. Now it is upto you to guess and divide this figure of 10,000 among the regions. I think Africa and Asia would get the largest share.

Best of luck for the next draw, or rather the next time they reveal more winners.

Last edited by a moderator:
some winner from Egypt his CN is : 23 xxx so i was right when i told you that new winners will hold different CN while people here insist that they will only get a higher CN!!!

It does not mean anything, could be a rare result of an internal error when I person ws not notified before, or was notified, but did not check his status.
In DV-2012 there was a strange number EU45xxx while other numbers were below 32000. One out of several hundred i found. That was clearly a mistake.

It does not mean anything, could be a rare result :cool:f an internal error when I person ws not notified before, or was notified, but did not check his status.
In DV-2012 there was a strange number EU45xxx while other numbers were below 32000. One out of several hundred i found. That was clearly a mistake.

its good to see you back here, it's been long time we didn't here from you, cheers

Thank you for sharing the info. Did the KCC lady hint that another 22th October is possible?

Yes, previously she told me clearly that we should keep our status checking regularly till 30th september, because there could be further selections as required. So don't ever let your confirmation number get lost somewhere, and keep checking your status atleast twice a month. That's my suggestions to you guys.

Best of luck!

Yes, previously she told me clearly that we should keep our status checking regularly till 30th september, because there could be further selections as required. So don't ever let your confirmation number get lost somewhere, and keep checking your status atleast twice a month. That's my suggestions to you guys.

Best of luck!

Surely further selections have to be announced? I find this odd.

Surely further selections have to be announced? I find this odd.

Given that following info is still present on the lottery page (note the "beginning" word)

"Be advised that additional DV 2013 entrants MAY be selected beginning October 22, 2012 at noon"

further selections may be unannounced, just keep checking your entry.