Seemslike my Background check got cleared after 3 years. But need advice on followup

rajeshch

Registered Users (C)
I have contacted my congress mans office and I got an emailt his morning with t he following content

"This is in response to the I-485 application Congressional inquiry regarding Mr.XXXX. Mr XXXX’s background name check cleared on September 27, 2007.

During the pendency of his background name check, his fingerprints expired, and he has been rescheduled for new fingerprints. He will be notified by mail once the first open slot becomes available. Mr. XXXX's case will be adjudicated immediately once his fingerprints have successfully cleared."

I am very happy that atlast my background check cleared. ?I am waiting from Aug 2004. But what ia m worried about now is eventhough USCIS got the clearence on Sep 27th I still havent heard anything from them about the fingerprints yet. Nor the LUD changed on my online account. What should i DO? Please advice. I am going on an 1 month vacation to india starting Nov 23rd and am worried i may get the notice for fingerprinting at the time when am gone. Is there anything I can do to get finger priniting done before i LEave on Nov 23.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in adavnce

Last edited by a moderator:
same situation here

i am on the same boat as i recieved a letter from my congressman that my name check has been completed on sep.25 2007, but i have not recieved any update from uscis also my online status is still same . i was stuck in namecheck process for 3 years. please let me know if there is any update on yr case. hope i would had the answer to yr question but atleast u are now aware of that u r not the only one in this situation. if i hear anything i will let u know about my case.

thank you

I have contacted my congress mans office and I got an emailt his morning with t he following content

"This is in response to the I-485 application Congressional inquiry regarding Mr.xxxxxxxi. Mr xxxxxxxxxs background name check cleared on September 27, 2007.

During the pendency of his background name check, his fingerprints expired, and he has been rescheduled for new fingerprints. He will be notified by mail once the first open slot becomes available. Mr. xxxxxxx case will be adjudicated immediately once his fingerprints have successfully cleared."

I am very happy that atlast my background check cleared. ?I am waiting from Aug 2004. But what ia m worried about now is eventhough USCIS got the clearence on Sep 27th I still havent heard anything from them about the fingerprints yet. Nor the LUD changed on my online account. What should i DO? Please advice. I am going on an 1 month vacation to india starting Nov 23rd and am worried i may get the notice for fingerprinting at the time when am gone. Is there anything I can do to get finger priniting done before i LEave on Nov 23.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in adavnce

I am happy that your namecheck cleared. Hope everything goes well from now on.

Just one thing though, its just advice, I am not trying to tell you what to do, but you do realize we have now your full name (first and last). You should avoid doing that.

PS: I tried to PM you this info but for some reason the PM function doesn't work.

Good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have evidence that your namecheck cleared? (it would be a good thing to have).

Either way, make an infopass: http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and go to your local District Office and speak with an officer about your case.

Yes. I have the email that the Congressmans office forwarded which states that coming from USCIS Officer. Also i called the 1 800# and the immigration officer did say that he sees that my back ground check is cleared but nothing yet on the followup mail for finger prints. Today i saw that the infopass appointments opened but 26th Nov is the only date that is available to book and i would be gone out of country by then :-(

Is Infopass the only way i can go talk to Immigration officer at local office? Can we still go to the local office with out appointment and may be stand in line or something?

Is Infopass the only way i can go talk to Immigration officer at local office? Can we still go to the local office with out appointment and may be stand in line or something?

No.

Make your infopass. It is the way they come up with a safe and orderly way of making appointments.

Yes that is your only option unless the USCIS officer lives next door to you and you make small talk while he/she is mowing his/her lawn.
Make an appointment and save yourself from a frustrating wait.

Is Infopass the only way i can go talk to Immigration officer at local office?

Yes that is your only option unless the USCIS officer lives next door to you and you make small talk while he/she is mowing his/her lawn.
Make an appointment and save yourself from a frustrating wait.

Thanks for the reply. As you said in the reply, I wish i had an Immigration Officer next door. But sadly the answer is NO. I dont have an issue with making an infopass appointment if i had one available before Nov 23rd. The issue is that I am leaving on Nov 23rd for a one month vacation and according to the email i got, my NC is cleared on Sep 27th but my FPs expired so USCIS was supposed to send me an FP notice which hasnt happened till now. I am worried that they may actually send the FP notice when i am not in US. The earliest i can get an infopass is Nov 26th(actually thats the only date that is shown for whole of Nov). That was the reason i was looking for alternatives on how i can get to talk to immigration officer at local office.