Secondary Inspection

eddie_240

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Is it mandatory for people who have received GC thru Asylum have to go thru secondary inspection.

I had go thru secondary inspection twice when arriving from Mexico using my RP. Once in Houston and in JFK.

Is it because my country of citizenship is Pakistan.

Appreciate any info.

Guys,

Is it mandatory for people who have received GC thru Asylum have to go thru secondary inspection.

I had go thru secondary inspection twice when arriving from Mexico using my RP. Once in Houston and in JFK.

Is it because my country of citizenship is Pakistan.

Appreciate any info.

It's not because of Asylum, more than likely its Country of Citizenship and being a Muslim, and you may even be on some kind of stupid suspected terrorist list, if it's gonna happen it will happen even if you get your US Citizenship.
If you have nothing to hide then get used to it just like I did. With all the unfortunate things being connected to one way or the other to Pakistan they are just doing their job by little bit more scrutiny trying to make everyone safe here.
I used to get upset but not anymore because now I realize they do it to make everyone safe here including me and my family, and because of few people's doings everybody else pay the price.
According to a testimony of a undercover US Air Marshal, failure to put at least two names into the list in a week will get negative reports from his supervisors and reduced chance of a promotion and admitted to adding names of innocent people just taking pictures of Las Vegas etc from the airplanes window.
What it all boils down to is, if you have nothing to do with any negative stuff, just don't worry about it, they are just doing their jobs and just as you are not thrilled to go through all that they are neither.

Thanks for the info.

I have no issues going thru secondary as I have nothing to hide. I guess you are correct I think its because of my citizenship as the officer asked if have been home and I said no and that was about it.

I recently came thru Houston and same thing went to secondary and the officer didnt ask me anything, he checked his computer and then called my name after 10 mins and said welcome to America.

It has nothing to do with your religion. All folks without a national passport(who have a RP, RTD) are usually sent to secondary. It really depends on the officer if he thinks that your RP +GC validates your entry or not. SInce the fraud rate on RP/RTD was high at some point in the past years, this was a directive given to DHS to do that...So don't worry..if it happens.its not because you are from pakistan or china..its just they are doing their jobs.

Secondary inspection is expected if the GC holder travels to a neighboring country of COP. This might lead to a termination of asylum if the GC holder finds hidden way to go to COP.
Termination of asylum can happen even if the asylee has LPR status.

Last edited by a moderator:
secondary inspection is expected with RP/RTD,however,some IOs will let you go through.Personally,I 've been through secondary inspection 80% of the time,the rest 20%,I was waved through.