secondary inspection : admissibility review

triple citizen you have a funny way to participate to the debate. it' s not an irony class. there is serious issue, I need a serious advice. So tell me in which way your comment are supposed to help me.....

You left no room for others to chime in the moment you laid down your belief that you should be fine. So why should I or anyone else try to overturn your belief?
In my opinion, anyone who has spent 3 to 4 years outside the US is not a permanent resident of the US, regardless of how they try to slice it. Having said that, I am not an immigration judge. So my belief is not worth two cents here. I was not trying to be funny either. If you honestly believe you will be fine with an FP notice then there is only one way to find out. I also wished you good luck without any pun intended.

triple citizen you have a funny way to participate to the debate. it' s not an irony class. there is serious issue, I need a serious advice. So tell me in which way your comment are supposed to help me.....

if you look at jackolantern's comment, you can see that he is giving real advice. even if he is tough sometimes, his help is really appreciated. Anyway, if anyone has an advice to give me on what I should bring in addition to my fingerprint notice, let me know...

What advise are you hoping to hear? Having a FP appointment will not guarantee that you will not be sent to see an immigration judge. You are not willing to stay here for even 2 months while facing a possible abandonment of PR. Be prepared to see the immigration judge - that is my advice. There is no other advice in your situation.

Does anyone have (or know of experience) with the immigration officer threat of being sent to an immigration judge?
Is that a mere threat or comment? or does it really mean he/she will be sent to an immigration judge as a fact?

An admitting officer can confiscate a GC holder's card. If that happens, the GC holder will be given an appointment to appear infront of an immigration judge to plead his/her case. The immigration judge will then decide if the GC holder has or has not abandoned his/her GC status.

Is that a mere threat or comment? or does it really mean he/she will be sent to an immigration judge as a fact?

Last edited by a moderator:
for information, i sent my application for a reentry permit saturday 10/10 and left usa, the money (385 usd) has been already cashed today 10/15. On the back on the check , i was able to see the case number. after checking it, it says that i should receive a letter explaining how to proceed for fingerprint., that I can reschedule if I cant make on time. I will return in usa for fingerprint and keep you guys informed.

For my curiosity, example. One has got warning from CBP officers that next time, he could loose his/her green card based on his/her prolonged absences.

That means, that now the one needs to be worry even if he/she wants to go to Canada for shoping.

Onwards. The one stays in the U.S. for long time (say 1 year) nonstop. After that time when travelling outside, will he/she still face the problem about abandoning the green card (based on previous prolonged absences)?

Is there any "reset" in USCIS records when person stay looong time in America uninterrupted?

I think its a good point about the "reset". I am not sure there is something to reset. I think they just look at your travel dates and make a judgment. So it is highly unlikely an immigration officer will conclude you abandoned your resendency because you went shopping to Canada. it probably depends on the mood of the immigration officer also.
Of course, thats just a guess, I have no clue how they work and what are their operating procedures

Any Updates

GCMAN:
did you get a fingerprinting notice and return? let us know please.

for information, i sent my application for a reentry permit saturday 10/10 and left usa, the money (385 usd) has been already cashed today 10/15. On the back on the check , i was able to see the case number. after checking it, it says that i should receive a letter explaining how to proceed for fingerprint., that I can reschedule if I cant make on time. I will return in usa for fingerprint and keep you guys informed.

I actually got the 1st appointment letter for fingerprint, I had to reschedule. I have a new date, first week of december. I ll keep you posted. I am coming back for fingerprint.

It is interesting how DHS gives the option to reschedule. I actually did it twice. and for your information, after you check the option "please reschedule, it take less than a week to get to new date usually 14 days later. The minute i get in usa, I will keep you posted.

I am back in US. Again, I was sent to secondary inspection and was told that I dont have a reentry permit next time, my GC will be revoked> Lucky me I had appointment letter.
after leaving the airport, i went for my fingerprint appointement.

I still beleive that with a notice for fingerprint, even in front a judge, will shows that I want to maintain LPR status. I have spent between 3 and 4 years outside.

Did you spend 3-4 years outside continuously without returning to the US at all?

I did have a a nice chat with the immigration officer at POE, he did answered all my questions.