• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Second Letter Received

I just called KCC. My interview has been scheduled on 3rd of october but I haven't received the 2nd letter.
AS16XX

The letter was probably mailed. Should arrive soon. :)

That was quick!!
Thanks. you are probably right. they told me that it has been dispatched on 29 of Aug. but the trouble is that I wasn't planning for early October so I have to prepare everything quickly.

Yes it is quite late.

Because 1st NLs for EU5xx were posted in March. In normal conditions (not delayed by postal services etc) you had to receive it at the beginning of April. You received NL in May and posted in June. You have 2 months delay, that's why they cannot answer your question..but no need to worry, sooner or later you will receive it..Most probably in November.

what is the post date on the envelope..?

Yes sir, you are correct. KCC usually takes 3 months to process a case.

I got the NL (first notification) on 10 May 2007, and I send back on june , 6 2007 thats mean after 26 days..

Yes it is quite late.

that's not late. We sent our forms to KCC in September.... :) The interview was in April, whereas our number was current in March.

I have been checking the case numbers and interview dates on the other forums . I have also realised (as here some people say) that post dates of the forms directly influnce the interview date.

But, I have met just only one interesting case that the interview has been scheduled on 1st of October for one of the winner with the case no EU5xxx who posted the forms back to KCC much later than the winners with lower case numbers such as EU3xx.

nallbani88 posted the forms on June when the winners with higher case numbers were receiving the 1st NLs. His/her interview must delay..

that's not late. We sent our forms to KCC in September.... :) The interview was in April, whereas our number was current in March.

But, I have met just only one interesting case that the interview has been scheduled on 1st of October for one of the winner with the case no EU5xxx who posted the forms back to KCC much later than the winners with lower case numbers such as EU3xx.
Are they from the same country? If not EU5xxx can be from a country with less winners and EU3xx from one with a hight number of winners.

post date

Yes it is quite late.

Because 1st NLs for EU5xx were posted in March. In normal conditions (not delayed by postal services etc) you had to receive it at the beginning of April. You received NL in May and posted in June. You have 2 months delay, that's why they cannot answer your question..but no need to worry, sooner or later you will receive it..Most probably in November.

what is the post date on the envelope..?

If you aske the post date (the date when I sent my forms) then is june of 6 2007, If you aske about post date when they send NL is about aprill and arrived in my country KOSOVO (the envelope was stamped via Sweden) on May. 10 2007...

Hi,

I just called KCC.
My interview has been scheduled on 5th of October.
2nd letter was posted on 29.08.2007.

CN: 2008EU000002xx
NL dated: March 15th 2007
NL received: April 18th 2007
Forms Sent Back to KCC: April 21st 2007
Interview scheduled: 5th October 2007 (Belgrade, Serbia)

Good luck!
Tamara

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I just called KCC.
My interview has been scheduled on 5th of October.
2nd letter was posted on 29.08.2007.

CN: 2008EU000002xx
NL dated: March 15th 2007
NL received: April 18th 2007
Forms Sent Back to KCC: April 21st 2007
Interview scheduled: 5th October 2007 (Belgrade, Serbia)

Good luck!
Tamara

Hi Tamarav,

There is no need to quote your entire CN for us. Please edit your post and put xx for the last two numbers.

I think in October you will receive 2nd NL..

If you aske the post date (the date when I sent my forms) then is june of 6 2007, If you aske about post date when they send NL is about aprill and arrived in my country KOSOVO (the envelope was stamped via Sweden) on May. 10 2007...

Medicals

it's not disturbing. Please stop pestering people.

It's already been explained many times that in the second packet there is an invitation to the interview, some standard forms for requesting police reports (not needed, really) and sometimes even I-693 medical forms, which you also don't need, since the immgration doctor will have them.

As long as you know your interview date (by calling/emailing KCC) you don't need the second packet. As a matter of fact, lots of times it arrives too late or gets lost.

Thank you for this comment LucyMo. KCC has confirmed by email that my interview is for october. I have not received 2nd NL. I went to the US consulate in Lagos to get medical forms but they said they were not yet attending to 2008 DV applicants until after Sept 30. From what LucyMo has said above, can I go straight to Kamorass with my passport and email and start my medicals? :confused:

Thank you for this comment LucyMo. KCC has confirmed by email that my interview is for october. I have not received 2nd NL. I went to the US consulate in Lagos to get medical forms but they said they were not yet attending to 2008 DV applicants until after Sept 30. From what LucyMo has said above, can I go straight to Kamorass with my passport and email and start my medicals? :confused:

I dont know what its like in Nigeria but the hospital here that do Immigration Medical Exams have the forms in their offices. its just a piece of copied paper.

yes, you should first make sure that you have all the vaccinations, and a record of them. You need to make an appointment with the clinic that does immigration exams for the embassy. There is usually a list of clinics on the US embassy's website (for your country). You will need to have a pasport-style picture (or two, depending on the requirements in your country), your passport and your case number with you for the medical exam.
I'd schedule it for mid-September just to give you more time in case you need to do x-rays or more vaccinations.

LucyMo
Do you know the tips for getting Russian police report..I checked before reciprocity table, it says that it takes 1 month to get it from MVD..But in practice it takes more. What do you think..?

FYI:
Some from Germany, CN 48XX got the second letter and an interview appointment for mid October.

I have the feeling that KCC did not get a lot of letters back when interviews with that numbers are so early.

Last edited by a moderator: