Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

Hi,

Does anyone know if Seattle does the interview and oath on the same day? Or does anyone know if there is a published schedule of oath ceremonies for Seattle?
Thanks!

Depending on your case the documents which are required for your application like IRS Tax returns ...........

Countdown

Where has the time gone? It wasn't that long ago I gave the 100 day countdown but now it is 36 days until I file!

--Rafiq

Congrats!!!!

Well, sirch320 you were right. I received my IL today. The notice date is September 15th, 2008. The ID is Monday, November 17 - 10:00 am.

Great News!!! Congrats mommym. :D

My PD is 3/31/08. I just checked my online status, it was not touched after 4/8/08. Hopefully I get IL too. ;)

I am so excited, I was prepared to wait for a long time. Looks like the processing got very fast.

Seattle
Mailed N-400.....03/25/08
Reached...........03/28/08
Receipt Date.....03/31/08
1st FP............. 04/24/08
Requested for postponement, as I was on Vacation
Actual FP…………05/06/2008
IL letter ??????
Interview Date??????

Interview date

Got my interview date today - this N400 application has been amazingly fast given that I was expecting to wait about 10 months...

7/26/08 : N-400 Mailed
7/28/08 : Recieved at NSC
7/29/08 : Check Cashed
7/28/08 : Priority Date
8/08/08 : FP Notice
9/4/08 : FP Done
9/16/08 : Interview Notice Recieved
11/17/08 : Interview

WOW that is really fast!!! Good Luck:)

Got my interview date today - this N400 application has been amazingly fast given that I was expecting to wait about 10 months...

7/26/08 : N-400 Mailed
7/28/08 : Recieved at NSC
7/29/08 : Check Cashed
7/28/08 : Priority Date
8/08/08 : FP Notice
9/4/08 : FP Done
9/16/08 : Interview Notice Recieved
11/17/08 : Interview

Seattle N400 - my timeline

Application received: 24 March 2008
(interview notification expectation set at "248 days")
Fingerprint Notice: 1 April 2008
Fingerprint date: 17 April 2008
Interview notice sent: 15 Sept 2008
Interview date: 17 November 2008
Oath date: tbd

Things are moving... I wasn't expecting notification until December/January

Interview

Had my interview yesterday. Was scheduled for 9:30, got there a little early (around 8:40), was called in at 9:05 and was out of there at 9:20.
Marriage based but only asked for GC and DL. Very straightforward.
If u can, no harm getting there early as u might get out early as well :)

Hi Friends,

I talked to the supervisor, after 5 attempts of calling. Finally supervisor said my FBI name check is pending, and I am not in the quecue for the interview.

She said usually FBI check should clear in 2 months and its been 5months since my biometrics. She said she did not see any blockages right now. I cannot do anything other than wait.

So do I fall under some cases, who has been waiting forever for FBI check like Flying Turk?

I was waiting to go back to India and I guess ...... dont know what to do?

When you call USCIS, the customer representative will not be able to help you in any way. You have to get to the next level officer, to get useful information. The reason I told was 'I already went to info pass and they asked me to talk to the next level immigration officer'. Easy way to get to CSR is 1,3,1,1.

Seattle
Mailed N-400.....03/25/08
Reached...........03/28/08
Receipt Date.....03/31/08
1st FP............. 04/24/08
Requested for postponement, as I was on Vacation
Actual FP…………05/06/2008
Talked to on phone (supervisor) - FBI check is pending and I am not in the line for Interview
IL letter ??????
Interview Date??????

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats FlyingTurk!! I am really happy for you. This must be a big relief for you after such a long wait. Good luck on your interview.

I also received my interview letter yesterday - much sooner than expected :) Here's my timeline:

05/19/2008: N-400 sent (Seattle DO NSC)
05/21/2008: PD
05/28/2008: Check Cashed
06/02/2008: NOA1 rec'd
06/07/2008: FP letter rec'd
06/12/2008: FP done
09/24/2008: IL rec'd
11/25/2008: Interview Date

Seattle Naturalization Oath Ceremony Schedule

This is my first post. I am at near the end of the process. I have been scheduled for the oath ceremony Thursday 10/16 which is great news BUT!!!

To vote this year I need to register by 10/4.

Does anyone know how often the ceremonies are conducted? Can I just show up at one this week? Any idea of how to find the phone number for Homeland Security in Seattle so that I can ask someone there?

Good luck to you all. I mailed in my application 7/28/07. It has been a long time coming. I had all but given up on the hope of voting this year, then the letter arrived in my mailbox yesterday. Want to do anything I can to be able to cast my vote in November.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The deadline of 10/4 is by mail. You can still register (upto 2 weeks before election) until Oct 20 by going to the county office in person.
Check this (Registration deadline at top right):
http://www.kingcounty.gov/Elections/Registration.aspx

This is my first post. I am at near the end of the process. I have been scheduled for the oath ceremony Thursday 10/16 which is great news BUT!!!

To vote this year I need to register by 10/4.

Does anyone know how often the ceremonies are conducted? Can I just show up at one this week? Any idea of how to find the phone number for Homeland Security in Seattle so that I can ask someone there?

Good luck to you all. I mailed in my application 7/28/07. It has been a long time coming. I had all but given up on the hope of voting this year, then the letter arrived in my mailbox yesterday. Want to do anything I can to be able to cast my vote in November.

Thanks!

***** urgent *****

My N-400 case is a normal one (not marriage related case) and I would like to know what papers do I need to carry for the interview, apart from the documents asked for in the IL?

Do I need to take all tax related statements etc?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Homer

My N-400 case is a normal one (not marriage related case) and I would like to know what papers do I need to carry for the interview, apart from the documents asked for in the IL?

Do I need to take all tax related statements etc?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Homer

No hurt to bring them. Call IRS today, and the papers should arrive in a week or so, plus they are free of charge.

Interview passed.

Hi everyone,

I had my Interview today.
It was easy and it went real quick.
Arrived early 7:30 am. Was called in at 7:40.
My lawyer was with me.
The IO was very nice and polite.
I had to raise my arm and sware to tell the truth.

She asked me for the following documents

- Interview letter
- Green Card

Yep, thats all. Nothing else.

She asked me my name, country of birth, address, marital status, where I worked, etc.
Then she went over the application and basically asked all the questions on the application to make sure I answer them the same way.
One of the questions was about "have you ever been arrested or cited...". I had to say yes, I had a speeding ticket 12 years ago. She said that's not a problem.

Then she asked 8 history/goverment questions
The first one was "What color are the stars on the flag". I thought she said "What colors is the flag". I said Red white and blue. She looked at me and asked the same question again and put emphesis on "Star", I then realized I answered it incorrectly and I said white. The other questions were really simple and easy as well.

She asked me to read a sentance on the paper "I have been waiting a long time for this day". That's actually what I told her at the begining of the meeting, so I guess she wrote it down to make sure I can read it. Then she asked me to write on a paper "There are horses on the fram". Then she did filled out some paper work and told me congratuation, you passed.

She handed me my Oath paper with date and time. It's scheduled for end of October, 4 weeks from today. I asked if they would be able to change it to today or sometime this week. I explained that I would really really like to vote this year. She told me that is not considered a reason to give high priority to move me to today. She was very appoligetic and explained that they are very backed up and can't accomedate me.

Over all, the process was very easy and painless. I think I was in her office no more than 7 minutes. Now I have to count weeks, days and hours again until the oath ceremony.

--username

Completed interview yesterday (Oct 01)

It was straightforward and very similar to "username's" experience mentioned above.
Oath is scheduled for Oct 29 2008.

My RD/PD for N400 is Jan 2007