Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

There is in fact one additional piece of good news, which you may already have seen but which I just found. On April 2nd, the USCIS released another statement in which they say that they have reached an unspecified agreement with the FBI on getting through the name-check backlog. The new targets - if they are indeed met - should give hope to us all:

The target milestones for processing name checks are:

May 2008 - Process all name checks pending more than three years
July 2008 - Process all name checks pending more than two years
November 2008 - Process all name checks pending more than one year
February 2009 - Process all name checks pending more than 180 days
June 2009 - Process 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Let's hope they meet - indeed exceed - these milestones.

--Jelly--

Just came back from a week long intense training in DEN. I was able to touch and feel the letter from FBI that is full of BS of 'we have to keep the balance between convenience and security'. What a load of cr*p.
I am back in Seattle and wanted to schedule an infopass appointment but they don't know anything until May9th.. Of course that happened to be a day that i am out of town.

just checking in with my fellow seattle filers. hope you all get ILs and Oaths soon. Praying for you all. ive removed my naturalization timeline from my sig but if you remember me i was a late june filer and took oath in min Jan. So i pray for you all to naturalize soon.

Got IL

Got IL today, April 28th
ID is June 3rd.

Notice date is April 21st, postmarked April 23rd.

I had an infopass appointment on April 24rth and was told that the interview was scheduled, but I didn't want to count on that until I actually got the letter.

CrossHairs,
you too should be getting yours pretty soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got IL

My wife got her IL.
Mailed Application..................... 07/20/07
RD...........................................07/23/07
PD...........................................07/23/07
FP...........................................09/12/07
Online Status error message.........04/23/08
IL letter received.......................04/28/08
Interview Date..........................06/03/08

I just got off the phone with Rita V. Latsinova. Looks like the judge approved the class on Friday and she said that i may be part of it (depending on the date of application). I highly encourage people to get in touch with her. The more people we have in the class stronger our voice will be..

http://www.stoel.com/showbio.aspx?Show=497

Name check delays

Thanks for your update FT and I will be contacting her shortly to check if I qualify for the class action. Please do let us know if you qualify for the class action

class action status

I just talked to Rita Latsinova and she confirmed that the case received class action status. I guess the next step is to get all the notices/ forms (I am guessing it will be similar to some of the mailings we receive on class action notices.)

Flying Turk thanks for the update and hopefully this N400 wait will be over soon.

My N400 time line
RD/PD Jan 2007
FP Mar 2007

Been stuck in name check since Feb 2007
My wife applied with me and she became a citizen almost a year back

oath dates for recent interviews

Lisala, pradeepkgupta and seattleresident would have had their interviews in the last couple of days.

How did it go guys? What are your oath dates?

Does your online status show error after recieving IL?

Hey Seattleliter,
Looks like msnvidemail's online status turned to error before he recieved IL. How about yours?

Yes indeed. Me and wife both had interview on 5/5. For both - the Oath is scheduled on 5/15.
The interview was scheduled at 3:30 PM, and the wait time turned out to be only 15 minutes. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. I was out of the building in 30 minutes total. Similar wait time for my wife in the morning(9AM).
The interviewer was male, and was good humoured. He apologized for the 15 minute wait! I told him that I was personally prepared for a 90 minute wait. i.e, they have a bad rep.
The interview itself was pretty standard, and everything is covered in other excellent reports on this forum.
07/17/07 PD for N400
08/23/07 FP Done
03/21/08 IL Received
05/05/08 Interview Date
05/15/08 Oath Date

Congrats Pradeepkgupta

Congratulations Pradeepkgupta to you and your wife.

What time is the oath? I just want to see if there will be time on the same day to apply for passport.