Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

Seattle N-400

seattle office seems to be really slow. dont know why but just thought id say that. lol
Yes... It looks like that the actual processing time is about 9 months despite that it says "7 months" on the USCIS web site - and I hear stories from people in other states where the whole thing is done in 6 months only...

yea, well there are people in nebraska sc that applied in late july, that have IL already????? like whats up with that, wheres our shit seattle, get it together!!!

N400

Hi
I am new to this forum,but i am really confused about the USCIS and FBI process.

I contacted Senator Cantwell office,they initionated an inquiry to the FBI,after 5months they got reply saying"The background still still under process"!!??

I called USCIS 800 number,and i have been told that Fbi maight send my name to my country to check if i am bad person.and the confusing thing is freind of mine same nationality took him 8 months to get cleared!!!!

the funny thing is,i have been living in US for 8 years,and i dont even have parking ticket!!!!

Any ideas?????????????????????????????????????????????

Thank you

here is my time line:

Application N 400
PD:05/12/2006
FP done:06/20/2006
ID :???????????

san000 and others,
it makes me sick to see the people who are stuck in this process. My mother just had a cancer surgery on the 5th of Nov. I am in my home country taking care of her, but for how long i don't know. The thread of 'you spent too much time outside of US' vs. my mom who is battling cancer is not something that i wish to my worst enemy.
I still don't have any replies back from any offices (Neb or Seattle).
This waiting game and inability to do nothing is painful..

I had an infopass appointment with Seattle office this morning, requesting my interview date. They said my case is still pending at Nebraska service center. The officer had no idea how long it will take them to forward the case to Seattle office. He didn't mean to scare me but he told me that he has seen cases pending up to 4 years. If a green card expires before they make a decision, he said he could "stamp" the passport to make an extension.

N 400 application:
03/12/2007 PD
03/19/2007 ND
04/05/2007 FP Done
?????????? Interview date

FlyingTurk, I feel for you and wish you the best. You make my case sounds less worse. I'm going back to Thailand to be with my husband. I'm just tired of waiting around over here all alone because my husband is working overseas. The tricky part is I can't be out there longer than 6 months, and need to maintain my residency here. Well hopefully they buy my story that I'm just out there for a vacation.

Cuhkpro, thanks for the input from Seattle office. That just makes my heart drop and some how numb. I guess, I just have to get used to it one last time.

Cheers for all of us.

Hang on tight, folks - lets hope for the best (but prepare for the worst).
This forum has provided support for many in the waiting line.

But like Johnny Cash (or someone else said), talking in this forum won't help. What happened to the campaign to write to the USCIS / Senators? Did that move forward?

The whole name check and every other process is just so convoluted and complicated unnecessarily.

yea, well there are people in nebraska sc that applied in late july, that have IL already?????
We may as well start preparing for the worst :-(

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=67257de128ce5110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD
As a result, average processing times for certain application types may grow longer. In particular, naturalization applications filed after June 1, 2007 may take approximately 16-18 months to process.
:(

16-18 months, seriously, how can they let there shit get this badly out of hand. shame on uscis. this will cause great difficulty and family problems for many.

When the Green Card issue happened in June 2007, people got together and they actually could make a change happen.

Can a movement like that make a change happen for this?

if you look at san fransisco thread, people with july PD are getting interviews. But folks like me who applied in boston in april still waiting for interview letter (inspite of all background checks cleared). This is so inconsistent.

if you look at san fransisco thread, people with july PD are getting interviews. But folks like me who applied in boston in april still waiting for interview letter (inspite of all background checks cleared). This is so inconsistent.

They are consistent in being inconsistent :)

Hello Folks,

I have the interview scheduled for Nov 20th, 2007 at Tukwilla office in Seattle.

I have to travel to Canada on business during the week of Nov 26th which is just one week after the interview date.

I have couple of questions:

1. Can I travel after the interview is done and before the oath date?

2. How long do I have after the interview date and before oath date ?

Thanks for your help.

How was your interview? My interview was also on the 20th of Nov. Have you received the Oath Letter yet?

Seattle N400 recent timeline

N400 mailed on 04/13/2007
Received by USCIS 04/18/2007
Priority date 04/18/2007
Finger Print date 05/24/2007
Interview letter notice date 11/19/2007
Interview letter received date 11/26/2007
Interview date 01/15/2008.

Hey guys! I have an update on my case.

I left the US for a trip because I'm simply tired of waiting. I left on the 24th of November, and I called the USCIS to change my mailing address from my apartment to an internet base mail forwarding company (they will take care of my mail when I'm overseas: they will scan the envelopes and show pictures in their website, so I can see who has sent me letters. Then I have choices to either scan, forward to myself overseas, recycle, or shred. All of these could be done online, no need to ask someone to watch over my physical mailbox). The USCIS National phoneline told me that the interview letter was out of NSC on the 19th and should arrived at my address by now. @#%$&* I missed the letter!

The problem is my change of address with the US Post Office and my online mail agent still in the process. That means, I still can't get ahold of my interview letter. Arghhhhh............ If I knew then what I've known now, I wouldn't have left Seattle before I get the interview letter in my hot little hands. It looks like I have to loose my patient and left the country first, then the letter arrived as if it waited for the most inconvenience time for me.

If the USCIS really sent me the interview letter on the 19th of November, I guess I will have the same interview date as msnvidemail: the 15th of January. It looks like I will have to go back to Seattle soon even though I just left a week ago.

This is my timeline;
Mailed N-400: 04/20/07
Priority Date: 04/23/07
Check cashed: 04/27/07
NOA1 date: 04/30/07
Recieved NOA1: 05/07/07
FP notice received: 05/14/07 (Notice Date 05/10/07)
FP date: 06/04/07
Interview letter mailed: 11/19/2007
Interview letter received: still can't get ahold of, it may be at the post office near my Seattle address. I put my mail on hold in order to forward it to my new mailing address with an online mail forwarding company.
Interview date:
Oath date:
Applied for Passport:
Passport Pickup: