Script - 485

Try this script

I was having some problems in the earlier script posted on this board. After commenting an 'if' tag, I think it works fine for me.
I am NOT the origibal script writer.

To the script writer,

The changes I made are in the getStatus subroutine.

Commented following lines -
If in_browser.Document.Location <> statusURL Then
RestartBrowser in_browser
Else

and the corresponsing end if tag.

I do not know what the problem was... I am not a VB expert ;)

BTW, this script is a great work!

To run the script -
1) Open the file
2) Alt-F8
3) Select macro I485scan
Follow the prompts

How do I run it for LIN ? I want to track lin-02-083-5**** and it will be of great help, if some one can point me to the right direction ?

Thanks

If you want to run the script for LIN simply go to the script itself and use the find/replace funtion and change EAC to LIN.

Hi,
I was unable to run the script. So if one of you can run it for the range eac-02-062-53050 to eac-02-062-53110 it would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

ssrg

If you're not being able to run the script 'coz of the security settings in Excel, do this -

1) Open Excel
2) From the top toolbar, open Tools--> Macro--> Security
3) On the 'Security Level' tab, set the security setting to 'Low'

This will allow you to run the 485 script/Macro.

What to do if you get a message that you exceeded the maximum number? How does BCIS maintain that info? Is it mainained in cookies or does it use the machine's IP address? Did someone get this before and if so, what is the solutin? I can't get my case checked.

I guess they log the IP address

I think BCIS allows to check 1000 cases in a day. If you're denied access, try after 24 hours.... Or try using some other IP (at your own risk)

After you run the script, where do you see the results. Sorry, not a VB guy, Don't know how it works. Help appreciated.

HATS OFF..

awesome..

will there be any problem when we run for wide range? boz i seems it will query the web site.. will BSIC is monitoring their website?

I guess we should not use it too much and too offen !!

vidongre

I believe they have more sophiscated ways to track anybody
making too many requests at a given time period.

I heard someone was blocked for the access of their website for
about 24 hours. He uses dial up service, since IP for dial up service is dynamically assigned by ISP. BSIS must have used different method other then tracking IP.

Correct me I am wrong.

Yeah.... could be

I don't really know - it was just a guess!

I come back to the same dumb machine with same IP address everyday......