• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

school & goverment loan

PLEASE AVOID CREDIT CARDS AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!!! Student loans are must for some; indeed, look for in-state tuition, tuition waivers, scholarship, work/study,... and part time jobs. Please study about the collage you'll attend, your major, what classes you need to take... where to buy cheap books (online), and how you can do interships before you start your classes!! be smart or you will end up paying as much as i end up paying... that was too much but atleast i loved my university a lot :)

again STAY AWAY from credit cards... it is just BAD... learn to live below your needs!!! (remember, you have to pay back your loans and it can be half of your pay check or more... you do not want to go that way!)

wish you the best on your studies in advance!!

Wow..Is the job situation very bad in the States? I live in a small Asian country. We do not have high taxes here and basically you need to buy personal health insurance so that coverage would be more adequate compared to what the govt is providing on its own.

My husband and I earn decent wages. I am in Finance sector while he is in IT. We are thinking of moving to US if the GC application gets approved but we are also weary of the economic situation there. We have friends working in IT jobs in the States and they seem to be alright.

It would be great if you guys could give some feedback.

Cheers!

The health care between canada & usa.. once again, go there, don't watch the news... Do you know that to see a doctor in canada you can wait up to 2 to 3 years?
The goverment basicaly send the Canadian to recieve medical threatement in USA...
& the healthcare.. You think it is free in Canada (as well as in europe)? Hell no, you pay it through taxes... It's like an assurance that you have no choice but to paying for it.. In usa you basicaly have the choice & most people do not choose it... I remember a story about a dude who couldn't afford to pay the medical bills & one guy told on TV "wait, you have gold teeth, jewleries but you don't have an assurance? Do you know the principe of priority"?
If tomorow the goverment do like europe, you will protest because you are allergic to taxes.. That what happened with the Obama medicare bill... You demonstrated because you do not like having people telling you what to do... In canada you have "free" healthcare but you pay for it through taxes, do not think it is free & also it is very bad, but I mean very bad, you wait for years to see a doctors because there is simply none, so the Harper administration send canadian to seek medicals threatements in usa...

Wow please tell me you are joking... right? Well I live here so I don't even have to watch the news to know... If you don't pay for health care in the US then you have to pay everytime you go see the doctors and it's more expensive than any other country. Medical care in other countries are goverment owned that are set up to help people. While in the US medical care is cooperations owned and are really just greedy in earning as money as possible, they are not set up to help.

And that is the most ignorant statement I have read in ages, confusing years with just mere minutes. I hate ignorant people like you, but you belong with pretty much 90% of Americans who are ignorant anyway. Did you know in the US if you don't pay for health care and you can wait up to 12 hours in an emergency room, broken arm or serious injury? It's true, and take it from somebody already in the USA. Pretty much those with money are served first in the USA. And that's pretty f'd up if you ask me.

Ok you won, USA is the crappiest country in the world, now, can we move on? I can see what you are trying to do, you are just one of thoses poor trailler trash who blame everyone else for their own failures & you just hit on immigration because basicaly all you say is that the US is crap but so far you still live here, you haven't emmigrate yet, nobody is stoping you from getting you behind out of the US... I know, you want to stop immigration & so you go on every immigration forum you can to bash the USA hoping to discourage prospect immigrant... I don't even know why am I replying to you because obviously you do not want any of us here but guess what foxy... WE ARE COMINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
Wow please tell me you are joking... right? Well I live here so I don't even have to watch the news to know... If you don't pay for health care in the US then you have to pay everytime you go see the doctors and it's more expensive than any other country. Medical care in other countries are goverment owned that are set up to help people. While in the US medical care is cooperations owned and are really just greedy in earning as money as possible, they are not set up to help.

And that is the most ignorant statement I have read in ages, confusing years with just mere minutes. I hate ignorant people like you, but you belong with pretty much 90% of Americans who are ignorant anyway. Did you know in the US if you don't pay for health care and you can wait up to 12 hours in an emergency room, broken arm or serious injury? It's true, and take it from somebody already in the USA. Pretty much those with money are served first in the USA. And that's pretty f'd up if you ask me.

again STAY AWAY from credit cards... it is just BAD.
If you are talking about all the dumb americans who dont pay of the whole balance every month in full and instead 25% interest you are right.
I'm fine with credit or charge cards as they make life much easier and have never paid a single penny in interest to that companies.

well, all we have to do is being responsible... You use your credit card? well at the end of the month pay the damn money you BORROWED... Peoples get credits cards & think that the money is free so basicaly they keep on buying...
I had a credit card in Canada & every single month I was paying the whole amount due...
It's like the subprime crisis... I read one typical story that made me scratch my head...
A medium class woman wanted to buy a house, she was making like 2900$ per month (she lives in new york city), & she signed a contract for a 3600$ per month for a home... way more than what she makes per month... & she dare playing victim like "the bank tricked me..." Come one, you knew the lease was 3600$ & that you make only 2900, no need to be einstein to see that this is a bad idea... & it was a typical story... morality : It's not the systeme who is screwing people over, it's the peoples who are irresponsible
If you are talking about all the dumb americans who dont pay of the whole balance every month in full and instead 25% interest you are right.
I'm fine with credit or charge cards as they make life much easier and have never paid a single penny in interest to that companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Student loan is only given if you have credentials. Getting a credit card is easy if you pay down a certain amount so your credit card is secured. Which means you pay for example $ 1000.- to a bank and your credit limit will be $ 1000.-. If you pay it off every time in full and do that for approx. 2 years the bank will unsecure it and you will receive a credit limit based on your income....but with only a student loan and no prior credit history, you probably won't get much.

To be considered an "In State" student you need to have proof of having lived in the State for a certain amount of time, which can vary from school to school. A greencard doesn't make you an "In State" student....only bills or other proof will make you an "In State" student.