Scenario question on my wife's status after 485 filing

vj66321

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I'm on a H1, have an approved 140 and will be filing 485 before end of July this year for me and my wife.

My wife is on a L1.

There are chances that my wife might have to travel to India officially before we get the 485 application receipt.

In this regard:

1. If she has to get an advance parole, how much time does it take to get one. How easy / complicated is it? Does it need an attorney to get one or can we personally get one from the nearby USCIS office?

2. Can I file a H4 for her while she is in US on L1? Can she quit her L1 job and switch to H4 with out leaving US? If we succeed in doing this, will this (status change from H1 to L1) affect her previously filed 485?

Sorry for asking too many nested questions.

Experts please answer.

There are chances that my wife might have to travel to India officially before we get the 485 application receipt.

That's fine, so long as she is in the US on the day USCIS receives the I-485, and she is still working for her L1 employer when she returns.

If she has to get an advance parole, how much time does it take to get one. How easy / complicated is it? Does it need an attorney to get one or can we personally get one from the nearby USCIS office?

She'd need to apply for one with the I-485, using an I-131. However, she can use an L-1 (or an H-4) to return to the US, and doesn't need AP.

Can I file a H4 for her while she is in US on L1? Can she quit her L1 job and switch to H4 with out leaving US?

Yes. She needs to file an I-539 requesting the change of status before the resigns.

If we succeed in doing this, will this (status change from H1 to L1) affect her previously filed 485?

No.

Need Urgent Help/advise---please

On July 11 my 485 was filed by my lawyer to be on safe side.

He filed only 485 and not EAD AND AP

I'm realy realy worried as to what happens to my appliction now.

What if my 485 gets rejected and I get the reciept after August 17,2007.

Will I get chance to file EAD AND AP after Aug 17 when the dates become current again.

PLEASE HELP

Please Help

After the current USCIS announcement on july 2 that the dates are not
current my 485 application was still sent out on 11th july by my lawyer.
Now suddenly the dates have opened and my concern is what will happen
to my application?

Will the USCIS accept my application? or Should I file a new one and
withdraw the older one which was filed on 11th July.