scary discussion with an attorney. what should i do to start my GC again?

Yes I agree with you that USCIS is not sitting with a Radar trying to Catch such cases. But you will agree that while there is not a systemic risk ( such as a speeding case we discussed ) there is that risk due to bad luck,Unknowns and other legal complications that really surface in strange ways depending on events of your life later resulting in your case being picked up for a review like this. The best course of action to me seems to be deciding what would be a reasonable risk to take ( 6 months in my opinion ) . If you decide to leave before that it is fine but the risk is that much higher if and when the case gets into a review of some kind.

I would only disagree with anyone who says there is absolutely no risk in quitting next day after getting the GC. The risk diminishes as time goes by and one can pick the right timeline based on ones judgement and risk apetite.
Anyway you can probably make out from my usename and comments that I am a finance guy who depends on this judgement thing for bread and butter.. :) . Hopefully did'nt get too technical in another way...