Scanner (Seniors Please Help)

Waiting_May2002

Registered Users (C)
We had some seniors suggesting us to restart the scans. I will need some guidance from them if they are listening.

1. I had done some scanning lately. I run the WAC-02-184 alone. For larger files, I am stuck since I do not have a good proxy list. If you have one, please pm me.

2. Had another question, If I have to run a series (eg. May 02), How do I easily generate a input file for the scanner?

For anyone who wants to run scanner, go to this thead and download it,

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=131190

That installation has a Readme.txt that will explain how to use the scanner.

Thanks!

When you download the scanner, I believe one of the files has proxies in it and it also references sights where you can get proxies. Otherwise search on google, there are a number of sites.

heres the scanner link

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=134673&page=8&pp=15&highlight=proxy

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=128219&highlight=proxy

Also you can email desi-bartender or kashmir as they have the complete set of numbers to scan, otherwise they can point you to the tool to generate the 485 wac numbers

Good luck, you may be the only one doing it as it is hard to get people participating. Apathy rules and everyone else wants someone else to do the job. I think it is the lifeblood of the board and creates a cohesiveness among the members. It's also your tool to measure what's happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
More help please

gettingcloser, Thanks for the tip. I found some proxies after a google. The Readme file had some links too.

Kashmir, Desi-bartender, rk4gc, Pinnacle_man, max2k1 and other seniors, Could any of you please pm me if you have the input files? Is there any tool that you can guide me to that can generate the WAC number series?

max2k1, pinnacle_man: You were generating two things with the scanner output, 1. percentage table 2. graphs...Could you please e-mail me the excel sheets or worksheets that do the job?

Thanks!

you might have to click on their names and send them an email. I think they rarely come here and read threads now that they are approved. So go through their threads, click on their name, click "view public profile", the under the contact information it will say, send an email.

Also if you have the scanner, I assume you got it from desi-bartenders yahoo site. Send an email to his yahoo address and he should respond. Also he may have the contact details for Kashmir.

Good Luck

Waiting_May2002 said:
gettingcloser, Thanks for the tip. I found some proxies after a google. The Readme file had some links too.

Kashmir, Desi-bartender, rk4gc, Pinnacle_man, max2k1 and other seniors, Could any of you please pm me if you have the input files? Is there any tool that you can guide me to that can generate the WAC number series?

max2k1, pinnacle_man: You were generating two things with the scanner output, 1. percentage table 2. graphs...Could you please e-mail me the excel sheets or worksheets that do the job?

Thanks!
Awww ... sorry .... I was out this weekend and was not checking here !!

Nah - am not approved yet .....

anyways to answer ur question .... both of the outputs - the table and charts/graphs are generated programatically ... we don't use excel.

There was a summary program written by ruxrux that generates the % tables and I wrote another program to get the graphs created. pinnacle_man is the main driver behind this (slave master ?!?! -- j/k :D).

Its been quiet for a while now on the scanning front ... not sure what's happening....

pinnacle_man has all the input files ... he used to assign chunks of it to volunteers - I think he can share the data for the series that you want ... pm/email him directly.

Maybe the best way is for you to share the results back with pinnacle_man so that the data/charts etc can be plotted and hosted back here for all to see.

If you know this site, it kind of goes thru "mood-swings" -- there are some really active periods and then some lean ones ... hopefully we'll be back to very-active again :)

Scanner results for 03/2002 and 04/2002

Thanks Max! I e-mailed pinnacle asking him for the input files.

Some time back, Pinnacle had sent me a input file for about 6000 cases from March 02 and April 02. I got to run them all yesterday night. I had split them into three runs of 2000 each. I am attaching the 3 summary files from the run.

I will be e-mailing the output files to pinnacle so that we can see the results in a percentage table.

Waiting_May2002 said:
Thanks Max! I e-mailed pinnacle asking him for the input files.

Some time back, Pinnacle had sent me a input file for about 6000 cases from March 02 and April 02. I got to run them all yesterday night. I had split them into three runs of 2000 each. I am attaching the 3 summary files from the run.

I will be e-mailing the output files to pinnacle so that we can see the results in a percentage table.
Great -- thanks for the scan .... you'd emailed pinnacle at the email address mentioned in the scan thread correct ?
If so, he usually updates the data real quick :)

I have the necessary input files for the 02 and some 03 series. Let me know if anyone plans to follow up on this effort and needs the information.

One of the websites that provide lists of proxies is www.stayinvisible.com a pretty comprehensive website and contains freshly updated lists on a daily basis.

max2k1,

Yes I e-mailed at the correct address. I hope he checks that account.

140_takes_4ever,

Thanks for the proxy tip. Please check a pm that I sent you.

Here's another scanner. I posted it on 140 forums because that's where I'm personally stuck. Anway, this is a lightweight "personal" scanner: http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=149042

Note that the DB isn't compatible with Anaconda, so you shouldn't use it if you will participate in efforts using Anaconda (which is an excellent industrial strength scanner!).

Above is sort of a scanner for lazy people (like me!).

~T