SC / Cancelled Passport at NY tracker

deep0910

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Wanted to track application for Cancellation of Indian passports. I sent mine over two weeks ago and have not received it yet. No response to emails. Can't reach them on phone.

SC application receipt at consulate date - 7 June, 2010

SC/Cancellation

Same here - Receipt date at NY consulate of Jun 10th. Not received the surrender certificate and passports as of Jun 30th.

Received SC/Passports today Jun 30th

Received SC/Passports today via priority mail. Not Bad -

Took approx. 3 weeks to get it back . Jun 10th - Jun 30th.

Now on to OCI !

Update: Got my cancelled ppt + surrender certificate back by Express Mail yesterday (had to sign for it).

Does CGINY send us 2 Surrender Certificates or just one? I have heard both (not confirmed, just anecdotally), hence asking here.

Can someone pls tell?

Thanks.
-RN

Just One for each applicant. I have made colored copies of the SC and sent it alongwith my OCI application on Jul 9th. Will wait and see what happens.

Surrender Certificate application:
Recd at CGI NY: July 6, 2010
Waiting for return of old passport and Surrender Certificate.

Per previous posts of other people, it seems like it takes about 3 weeks.

-RN

Sent on June 4th, recd on June 7th. No response yet - called a couple of weeks ago to find out that my application and passport has been lost !! Now I cannot get to anyone in the consulate - any advice would be appreciated.

Sent on June 4th, recd on June 7th. No response yet - called a couple of weeks ago to find out that my application and passport has been lost !! Now I cannot get to anyone in the consulate - any advice would be appreciated.
Finally received my cancelled passports and renunciation certificate today - after 7 weeks !

Received Surrender Certificate along with cancelled old passport by USPS Express Mail. I had sent a $20 money order to cover postage. The process took a little over 3 weeks.

-RN

Surrender Certificate application:
Recd at CGI NY: July 6, 2010
Waiting for return of old passport and Surrender Certificate.

Per previous posts of other people, it seems like it takes about 3 weeks.

-RN

Sent on Aug10th Still waiting on Sep 10th

Horrible !! no email response , the charge $175 for this kind of Service ,God Bless

Hi,

Sent Aug 26, received at NY consulate Aug 28.
As per new rules had put in a express mail label and $20 money order for postage.
After 3 weeks (today)have sent email to consulate (even though i have no hope of that getting answered). Called a couple of the numbers, keep getting an engaged tone.

After how many weeks should i give up hope of seeing my old passport and SC and file a police report.
Is there any way to track if they have cashed the postal money orders.
My friend got his SC in less than 10 days.

Chances are i send them another $350 (me and the wife) and have they will cash both ($700).

Thank you

Do they by any chance issue SC over the counter too? =>

i think they might, if you do it with pio application at counter.. so oci appln is by mail, but pio appln can be done at counter. So you can apply pio and sc at same time, dont know if they wil provide SC immediately or later once pio is accepted.

This is for NY (and i am not 100% sure) so please check the website ("who can apply by mail page" for sc).