San Jose Interview Tracker

waiting-er please share

Have you had your interview already???How was and did you get your passport stamped. I am also waiting for my interview. It will be very helpful if you post your experience.Thnaks

WAC-02-079 was approved after the interview

Hi, all:

Excuse me for the delay of posting my interview story.
It is a successful one, but very plain one.

My interview was on May 18th.
My family arrived at San Jose INS 1 hour in advance, with all the possible documents 120% prepared. Our attorney arrived there 20min in advance. She led us to the Room 200 upstairs, waiting for our turn.

We were called by a nice immigration officer on time. He requested to interview me first, leaving my family members still outside in the waiting room. My attorney was with me. It seems that she is very familiar with the immigration officer: they greeted each other with warm chats.

The immigration officer checked my employment verification letter and recent paychecks. He asked my academic degree level. He asked when I received the food stamps, since I had checked one "YES" in the I-485 application for receiving public assistance. My attorney gave him some print-out documents, which stating foot stamp is NOT subject to Adjustment of Status issue. The immigration officer said he knew this. Then he took my finger-print, took all the APs from me, stamped I-551 on my passport, and issued an approval letter to me. I asked whether I need to give him my EADs, he told me to keep them.

After my interview, the immigration officer called my family members into the interview room. He opened my wife's file, and found a note that name check had not been cleared. My attorney asked the immigration officer to do us a favor to check the computer database again. The officer checked the computer for a while, and found out the name check had been cleared already, just someone inside the system generated a new name check request, which is still pending. The immigration officer used the old clearance to approve my wife's case: stamped her I-551, and issued another approval letter. Last is my son’s (6 year old) turn: the immigration officer just issued the stamp and approval letter w/o any question.

At least, the immigration officer congratulated us of becoming PR, and told us that the GC might be sent within in two month.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Other information of my case:
EB-2 based on RIR;
I-485 filed on Dec. 2001;
1st FP was done on May 2002;
2nd FP for my wife received on Jan. 2004, but my 2nd FP was missed;
Sending fax inquiry to CSC for my 2nd FP on Feb 16, 2004;
Case was transferred to San Jose on Feb. 27, 2004;
Received interview letter (and my 2nd FP together) on April 16, 2004;
Interview and approved on May 18, 2004.

One employer during the whole application. Base salary was lower than the LC limit upon I-485 filing, but higher than LC limit at the interview time.
I-485 was filed by an attorney company in Ohio, hired by the employer;
Interview accompanied by another attorney in San Jose.

------------------------------------------------------

This forum provided very useful information during the extremely long waiting process.
Hopefully, you will get your approval soon.

Best Wishes

Waiting-er

gc_hopefully said:
Anyone else waiting after interview at San Jose? Please post.

I've done my interview on may 12, 2004 and was recommended for approval. Now I’m waiting for this oath letter desperately~~~~. :confused:

If anyone out there who had interview around this time (may 12, 2004), would you please keep me posted with your progress.

WaitingForOath question for you??

What did the officer said after the interview that he or she will mail you approval letter soon or did they gave you a date??

Mine said that it will be mailed in next few days and no news yet. Did you take a lawyer if you did , what's her opinion regarding this. You can also send me private message. Thanks

gc_hopefully said:
What did the officer said after the interview that he or she will mail you approval letter soon or did they gave you a date??

Mine said that it will be mailed in next few days and no news yet. Did you take a lawyer if you did , what's her opinion regarding this. You can also send me private message. Thanks

The officer told me that I was going to get a public oath ceromony notice letter mailed to my address later, didn't specify how long would it take for the letter to be mailed. but she did say that it won't take long, the ceromony should take place no later than aug.

I had a attorney went with me, and he said that we would be able to get the oath letter within a month.

let's all do public message so that everyone would be able to learn what we'r going through..~!!! :)

Bringing up...

I'm still waiting to hear from San Jose ASC. Is there any way to find out when my interview will be scheduled? Case was transferred on April 27th and haven't heard from them yet....Afraid if the notice from them is lost in the mail.....Any suggestions would help...Thx.

same with me..

my case got transferred on 03.25.04. I had gotten a RFE on 03/19/04. M yet to reply to the RFE. Not sure if they are waiting to see the reply to my RFE and then decide if I need to be interviewed.

Any views will be appreciated.

Interview Experience at San Jose

Interview Experience

I had my I485 interview at INS San Jose local office eaerlier today and wanted to share with you my experience.

My wife and I arrived 15 minutes before the scheduled interview (8:00 AM). We cleared security and dropped off the interview letter in the box in room 200. In about a few minutes, an officer asked us to join him in his office.

1. He made us take an oath to ensure that we would speak the truth
2. Reviewed my documents and colleced my index print and signature on their form.
3. Made my wife repeat the exact same steps.
4. Opened the I-485 application form and asked us all the questions listed on the last page (have you ever been arrested, have you ever been deported, have you ever worked or intend to work for a terrorist organization etc ...)
5. Asked for my birth certificate. Verified it with the copy we had submitted with the initial application.
6. Asked for my employment verification letter. Asked me questions about my work responsibilities etc.
7. Asked me for 3 yrs of tax returns (with W2 forms).
8. Asked for my wife the standard set of questions from the I-485 application form.
9. Asked for her birth certificate
10. Asked for our marriage certificate
11. Asked for her employment verification letter
12. Asked for documentation to prove that we still live together and are married. I gave him a couple of recent utility bills, rental agreement, joint bank account statement etc.
13. He then asked my wife and me for our EAD cards, AP documents and I-94 stubs. He took them and kept it with him.

He then looked at my case history. As I had initially filed the case way back in 1997, he said that he would need to verify the case with his supervisor before granting me the approval. To this my representing attorney interjected and asked him if it was possible for him to verify the case with his supervisor while we wait outside. He agreed to this & asked us to wait outside.

After about 30 minutes, he called us back in and told us that his supervisor was comfortable approving the case. He congratulated us and welcomed us to the US.

He then stamped our passport with the I-551 stamp. As we were about to leave, he saw a wedding photo album with us and asked us if we could show him our wedding photographs. We spent about 10 minutes entertaining him with the photographs and thanked him and left.

Case History
First filed March 1997
Labor approved August 1997
I-140 approved December 1997
I-485 filed October 2002
FP-1 November 2002
EAD/AP Renewal filed September 2003
FP-2 February 2004
Received RFE (EVL, 3 yrs tax, pay stubs etc) - March 2004
Case transferred to local office - 28th April 2004
Interview/Approval/I-551 9th June 2004

i485woes said:
To my surprise, I got my interview confirmation letter today. The scheduled date for the interview is June 9th. Will keep the forum updated on the progress.

---------------------
WAC-03-011-5****

me too

my case was also transferred to SJ office back in aplril 2004..

no interview calls yet..

i was arrested once and was convicted for an INFRACTION..

not sure if this is the reason for my interview. in case this is, can someone tell me if there is a chance for convictions like INFRACTION are inadmissible?

thanks

Congratulations!!!!!

I have a similar case where I had a RFE and subsequently case gor transferred to local office. Need some help.

hv some Qs:-

did you get the Interview call after you replied to the RFE?

did the interview letter mention to get all the documents you had sent as a reply to the RFE?

what do you think triggered your interview call?

thanks

i485woes said:
Interview Experience

I had my I485 interview at INS San Jose local office eaerlier today and wanted to share with you my experience.

My wife and I arrived 15 minutes before the scheduled interview (8:00 AM). We cleared security and dropped off the interview letter in the box in room 200. In about a few minutes, an officer asked us to join him in his office.

1. He made us take an oath to ensure that we would speak the truth
2. Reviewed my documents and colleced my index print and signature on their form.
3. Made my wife repeat the exact same steps.
4. Opened the I-485 application form and asked us all the questions listed on the last page (have you ever been arrested, have you ever been deported, have you ever worked or intend to work for a terrorist organization etc ...)
5. Asked for my birth certificate. Verified it with the copy we had submitted with the initial application.
6. Asked for my employment verification letter. Asked me questions about my work responsibilities etc.
7. Asked me for 3 yrs of tax returns (with W2 forms).
8. Asked for my wife the standard set of questions from the I-485 application form.
9. Asked for her birth certificate
10. Asked for our marriage certificate
11. Asked for her employment verification letter
12. Asked for documentation to prove that we still live together and are married. I gave him a couple of recent utility bills, rental agreement, joint bank account statement etc.
13. He then asked my wife and me for our EAD cards, AP documents and I-94 stubs. He took them and kept it with him.

He then looked at my case history. As I had initially filed the case way back in 1997, he said that he would need to verify the case with his supervisor before granting me the approval. To this my representing attorney interjected and asked him if it was possible for him to verify the case with his supervisor while we wait outside. He agreed to this & asked us to wait outside.

After about 30 minutes, he called us back in and told us that his supervisor was comfortable approving the case. He congratulated us and welcomed us to the US.

He then stamped our passport with the I-551 stamp. As we were about to leave, he saw a wedding photo album with us and asked us if we could show him our wedding photographs. We spent about 10 minutes entertaining him with the photographs and thanked him and left.

Case History
First filed March 1997
Labor approved August 1997
I-140 approved December 1997
I-485 filed October 2002
FP-1 November 2002
EAD/AP Renewal filed September 2003
FP-2 February 2004
Received RFE (EVL, 3 yrs tax, pay stubs etc) - March 2004
Case transferred to local office - 28th April 2004
Interview/Approval/I-551 9th June 2004

undone said:
Congratulations!!!!!

I have a similar case where I had a RFE and subsequently case gor transferred to local office. Need some help.

hv some Qs:-

did you get the Interview call after you replied to the RFE?

did the interview letter mention to get all the documents you had sent as a reply to the RFE?

what do you think triggered your interview call?

thanks
Undone,

1. Yes, the case got transferred to a local office after I responded to the RFE. Approximately 3 weeks after the case was transferred to the local office, I got the interview letter.

2. No. The interview letter is generated thru a standard template. It lists a bunch of standard documentation that you need to carry. Consult your immigration attorney on documents you may need to carry over and above the ones listed in the interview letter

3. Duration of the case. As I mentioned, I initiated the immigration process in March 1997. My I-140 was approved early 1998. Given that I filed for I-485 in October 2002 (ie 4.5 yrs after 140 approval), they required the interview.

how long does it take for an Interview Call Letter

how long does it take for the interview to be scheduled in San Jose office after the case is transferred..

my case was transferred on 03/27/04..do you think i am overdue or still need to wait.

does anybody know if there is a way to follow up with CSC/San Jose office regarding this..

thanks

got interview call letter

Hello Gurus,

I have an interview scheduled for my I-485. The letter mentions the docs that I need to carry with me. But, it doesn't talk about the ADIT pictures that normally one carries while going for a GC stamping. If I am not wrong most of the times after the interview they stamp the Passports and handover an Approval Letter. And the plastic card arrives after that. How do they collect the photos of the people who go for the interview?

Please lemme know your experiences.

Thanks

Here are the details of my interview appointment:

Date and time: 8/18/04 at 9 (me) and 9:30 (my wife)

"This interview will be video taped"

Petitioner and all beneficiaries must be present. Bring this letter, all passports and official medical exam results.

Bring originals of all documents submitted with your application. Bring one copy of the following documents for each beneficiary:

A current EVL for you, the petitioner and the co-sponsor (salary, start date and position)

Original and one copy of yours and any co-sponsor's income tax forms with w2s for the last 3 years

Bring all originals and one copy (for each family member applying with you) of items checked below:

registered marriage certificate, insurance policies, rental agreements, deeds, bank/credit statements, children's birth records

utility bills, wedding photos, and any other evidence you feel would help establish that your marriage is bonafide

(note - I'll bring my son and 5 months old daughter - that'll prove that our marriage was bonafide at least 13 months ago :) )

thanks very much for the detail info. Was there any change in the LUD when you received the interview notice letter.
I am eagar to know when my interview letter arrives.
Thanx in advance.