San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Interview 2 days before 5 year mark

Hello,
Loosk like applying 75 days before 5 years did not help, I still got a quick interview call.

If anybody had negative experience with is situation please let me know. I did search the forums. Looks like everybody gets "decision cannot be made"
and oath date will be give after 5 year mark.
I hope there are no denial cases for this scenario.

10/1-- Application Received At Phoenix
10/22 --FP notice received
11/9 -- FP done
11/10-- FP scheduled
11/13 -- E-mail .. Standard interview
11/23 -- Notice standard interview
12/17 -- Interview date

Anyway, chances are you were going to get the oath date in January. I don't think you should be worried about your situation. I find it hilarious that people are having this kind of problem. In the past one would apply 90 days earlier, to hopefully get the citizenship nine or more months later. Now a lot of people have issues with interviews being too early. I don't think you are going to be denied or anything. Please share your experience when you go to the interview, perhaps they give you an approval letter after all. The big difference is for offices that do same day oath, but San Jose doesn't do same day oath and they have more control about when to schedule your oath. All in all I think it is positive.

My wife and I have same date and time for interview

Hello,

My Wife and I have the same date and Time for the interview.
Does it mean they will interview us together?Common interview?

If the interview will be done separately and at the same time how will we
use our documents set ,assuming we are carrying the whole 9 yard
list just to be safe..most of it would be common for both.. like Tax returns
etc..making a copy of all the stuff could be overkill I guess?

Anybody in this situation? exact same date/time for self and spouse interview?

No, interviews are always individual. There is usually more than one interviewer, so they can schedule more than one person at the same time. Most times no additional documents are needed. You could always say that the documents are with your spouse in another room. I've never seen this being an issue.

timeline

On interview date, waited half an hour in the waiting room. The officer was very nice and only requested documents listed in the IL. Passed the test. Now, waiting for Oath Letter.

Timeline
08/29/2009 - N400 Mailed
08/31/2009 - Phoenix received the letter
08/31/2009 - Priority Date
09/02/2009 - Check Cashed
09/08/2009 - NOA received
09/17/2009 - FP Notice received
10/06/2009 - FP schedule date
10/06/2009 - FP done
10/29/2009 - IL letter recieved
11/16/2009 - Interview passed
? - OL

Can somone describe the Oath in San Jose office?
My wife's oath is tomorrow 12/4 and I am not sure if she can take someone with her. What about a 1 year old baby?
MY oath was done on Campbell but not sure what setup they have at the SJ office.

Has Anyone received Oath date for December or Jan in San Jose. I finished my interview on the 18th of Nov. Still waiting for my Oath letter.

Who ever completed the interviews--Guys please post your detailed interview experiences if possible-which certainly helps others.
Thanks.

It is always good when people post interview and oath experiences, but they don't always do. If you'd like to see one or the other you could just browse on earlier pages of this thread. There are plenty of oath ceremony descriptions and interview descriptions (even mine).

My Interview experiance

Here is a little bit detail about the interview Experiance on Nov 18th.

Checked into the San Jose office around 1.30. My interview was at 2.10. I was called in around 2PM.

The officer asked me to raise my right hand and made me take an oath to say the truth. The officer was very polite and jovial. He said he was running late on his appointments so he was really rushing through with my interview. He asked me about my job and marriage. Then he started going over my application line by line. I had one speeding ticket and i had indicated yes for "have you ever been cited". I told him it was paid and taken care of. He did not ask for any proof for it and he changed the answer to No. Next he made me read and write a sentance in English.

Asked 6 civic quenstions.
1) Capital of California
2) Who signs the bill into law
3) What is the supreme law of the land
4) What is an amendment
5) Who did the US fight in WWII
6) Who is the speaker of the House

All corrrect. He said I had passed the interviewe but cannot approve me today because I would complete 5 years of permanent residency only by 9th Dec. He said I should expect the Oath sometime in Dec/Jan. The interview didn't take more than 20 minutes. Overall it was a nice experiance

Has Anyone received Oath date for December or Jan in San Jose. I finished my interview on the 18th of Nov. Still waiting for my Oath letter.

I passed my interview on 11/16 and am still waiting for my OL as well. Anyone has recently received OL?

Interview passed, only ask for the IL, GC, DMV Lic, Marriage Certificate due to change of name.
Asked six questions:
1. Father of the nation
2. Number of congressmen
3. Duration of Congressmen
4. one war in 1900
5. Who is your congressmen
6. ... do not remember.

Finally given letter: Recommended for approval.

Interview passed, only ask for the IL, GC, DMV Lic, Marriage Certificate due to change of name.
Asked six questions:
1. Father of the nation
2. Number of congressmen
3. Duration of Congressmen
4. one war in 1900
5. Who is your congressmen
6. ... do not remember.

Finally given letter: Recommended for approval.

Did you complete your 5 year for green card already?

Hi All,
I had my interview today in san jose,ca office.I was married after my application is submitted and I didn't put my wife's information.she was married before me once and
Now I passed the exam but I was asked to mail her divorce papers from her previous marriage and my new marriage certificate.I don't know what will happen next.Any idea???
my case is not marriage related.

I was married after my application is submitted and I didn't put my wife's information.she was married before me once and
Now I passed the exam but I was asked to mail her divorce papers from her previous marriage and my new marriage certificate.I don't know what will happen next.

Just go ahead and send the papers. They need to scrutinize the file if a major change has happened since the submission. They will take a few weeks and revert back.

We finished our interviews on Nov 23rd, spouse got the oath for Dec 18th, I am still waiting.

Is there anyway I can call and find whether they send the oath letter or it is still pending? How can I find out whether the mail is missed or it is not actually not sent yet? The only confusion is due to the fact that one of us received the oath letter.

Thanks for reading

Today I passed my interview and recommended for approval.
- Arrived at 1:55
- Called by officer at 2:25 (though scheduled for 2:10)
- Nice Lady Officer ask me to took the Oath.
- Then told me "Take the test first since it is nerve wreking"
- Asked to read the Sentence "In which state most people live"
- Asked to write "Most people live in california"
- Asked six Questions:
1) What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?
2) Who is the in charge of executive branch?
3) Four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote, Describe one?
4) What is the one reason colonist came to America?
5) During the cold war what was the main concern of the United States?
6) If the president can no longer serve, who becomes President?
- Told that I passed the test.
- After that went through the application thoroughly
- In the end congratulated me with letter saying "Recommended for approval".

Do you guys know how long it takes to get the Oath Letter. There is an Oath scheduled for January.