San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Interview passed- but few more days for 5yr after GC-So decision pending

Hello,
My wife and I had an appointment today at San Jose , we went
1 hour early.We took our toddler with us.

For me---
The office was almost empty, and within 10 mins of putting the letters in the Bin they called me.
The IO was extremely nice and thanked me for going early.

The IO went through the form very quickly.
Only Passport/DL and GC asked.. nothing else.
(Not even disposition for speeding ticket)

Then 6 questions
1.One promise you make when you become citizen.
2.Gov of california
3.Two national holidays
4.Who was the first president
5.Where is statue of liberty
6.What movement tried to end racial dicrimination.
Read: Who lives in the white house, Write:The president lives in the white house

The officer said I was few days short of 5yr mark so she would approve
next week. Interview passed.

My wife--
Called after 30 mins, IO was nice
Quick form verification and PP,DL and GC seen no other document was asked.
1.Speaker of the house
2.Who lived in US before europeans
3.Name one right from first ammendment.
4.Longest river
5.Independence day
6.What does constitution do
Read/Write: Same as mine

Interview passed, decision pending till 5yr mark next week.

Hello,
My wife and I had an appointment today at San Jose , we went
1 hour early.We took our toddler with us.

Hi,
My wife and I have our appts at the same date/time at SJC. We are wondering whether we should take our 1 year old with us. Could you share more details in this regard:

- Were your interviews at the same time ?
- Did you have to request the IO or someone else to shift the interviews such that one parent takes care of the child ?
- Any other piece of advise in this regard ?

Thanks
cd

Yes take your Kid

Hi,
My wife and I have our appts at the same date/time at SJC. We are wondering whether we should take our 1 year old with us. Could you share more details in this regard:

- Were your interviews at the same time ?
- Did you have to request the IO or someone else to shift the interviews such that one parent takes care of the child ?

Thanks
cd

Were your interviews at the same time ?
>>Yes at the same exact time/minute :)

- Did you have to request the IO or someone else to shift the interviews
>>No I did not request and there is no way to do that beforehand.You just drop the letter in the bin and wait.

such that one parent takes care of the child ?
>>I personally feel one should not worry about spacing interviews
one of the parent should take the kid to the interview room, I took my kid to the interview and the IO had no issues and was very co-operative and told me to not worry even if my kid was playing and talking.

If you still feel uncomfortable to take the kid inside interview room(from interview waiting hall) then you should request the IO who calls one of you parents first, I see that IOs were very reasonable.

-----
Note: I am not a lawyer, This is not a legal advice
-----

done

DO: San Jose

My Status:
09/03/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
09/04/09 : N-400 recieved
09/11/09 : Check Cashed
09/14/09: NOA Received (RD=09/04/09, PD=09/04/09, ND=09/10/09)
09/24/09: RFE (probably for FP) email received @ 2:00AM. Email says ND=09/22/09
09/28/09 : FP Notice Received
??/??/?? : Walkin FP NOT done
10/13/09 : FP Date
10/20/09 : Email received - This case has been sent for a standard interview
??/??/?? : Yellow letter NOT received
10/24/09 : Interview Letter Received
11/20/09 : Interview Date (passed)
??/??/?? : oath letter mailed
??/??/?? : Oath Letter recieved
12/18/09 : Oath Date

My Spouse's Status:
09/03/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
09/04/09 : N-400 recieved
09/11/09 : Check Cashed
09/14/09: NOA Received (RD=09/04/09, PD=09/04/09, ND=09/10/09)
09/24/09: RFE (probably for FP) email received @ 2:00AM. Email says ND=09/22/09
09/28/09 : FP Notice Received
??/??/?? : Walkin FP NOT done
10/13/09 : FP Date
10/20/09 : Email received - This case has been sent for a standard interview
10/23/09 : Yellow letter received for DL
10/24/09 : Interview Letter Received
11/20/09 : Interview Date (passed)
??/??/?? : oath letter mailed
??/??/?? : Oath Letter recieved
12/18/09 : Oath Date

The IO went through the form very quickly.
Only Passport/DL and GC asked.. nothing else.
(Not even disposition for speeding ticket)

Hi,
Did you get a 'certified' court disposition for speeding ticket ? What I got from Santa Clara court just looks like a printout (for traffic violation), no signatures/seal/certification.
Not sure if that is enough.

Thanks,
cd

court disposition

Hi,
Did you get a 'certified' court disposition for speeding ticket ? What I got from Santa Clara court just looks like a printout (for traffic violation), no signatures/seal/certification.
Not sure if that is enough.

Thanks,
cd

Yes I had a similar letter from Santa clara(yes no signature but just letter on letterhead) but IO did not ask for that, just metioned speeding ticket and I said fine was paid, nothing more.

Thanks

howlongmore: No, it is a separate letter that santa clara court issued. It has more info than the printout from the link you mentioned. But no signature or certification.

Sal 2002,
Where is your ceremony? I saw that someone else in this thread was scheduled for Jan 22 in San Jose. Are there like two ceremonies one week apart for San Jose then?

My wife's oath is at 10:00 AM, where as my Oath is at 1:00 PM. Can I request my oath at the same time while my wife's oath is scheduled. Did anyone had similar experience?

Interivew Completed @SJC:

Spouse and I had the interview at the exact same time and we were debating on whether or not to take our toddler with us, and finally decided to take her with us.

Reached about 30min before the time. After security check, went to room 219 (window 1) and submitted the appointment letters. Based on an advise on this forum, put a sticky note on the letter requesting to have the interviews spaced out so one of use can tend to our kid.

I was called first, at the exact time the interview was scheduled. The IO read my sticky and said not to worry about it, the other IO would likely call my spouse after my interview, and even if not, then it is OK to take kids (toddlers) to the interview room.

Started with the oath, followed by rapid-fire questions from the N-400 form.
Asked about arrests/citations, I mentioned I had a traffic ticket and have court-disposition (which the IO did not ask to see).

Moved on to civics/english tests which I cleared.

I was given a letter with my name/dob/A# etc and asked to verify and sign.
I was told to use my regular signature (used to sign credit-cards, cheques etc) (same for the photos, regular signature).

Then handed me over a letter saying that I passed the civics/english questions, and that my application is being recommended for approval.

The IO also mentioned that I will get the OL in about 60-90 days.
I asked whether I can take my kid to the ceremony: IO replied 'you can but you dont have to'.
I also asked if I can request my spouse and I have the ceremony on the same day, to which IO replied: 'that cannot be requested, but may likely happen since rest of the procedure happened together for us'.

The IO then walked me out, passing the other IO's (who was going to interview my spouse) office, to see if my spouse is there, and if so, I could pickup my kid (very kind of the IO).
I was out in exactly 10 minutes.

Spouse was called 30 minutes after I was out (likely because the other IO saw the sticky ??). Had the exact same experience as me.

Except, that IO kept the traffic citation 'court-disposition' letter (even though it was only for $89).

Thanks,
cd

From the web site of Campbell Heritage Theater there is information on naturalization ceremonies.

This theater is booked on last thursday of every month for next 3-4 months.

This should be useful information and a way to find out when oath ceremonies happen for San Jose.