San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Dear All,

congratulations to all those people who took oath on a great day 17th sept 2009. :) ..Looks like there was a party that day !!

I do see lots of people have interviews on 1st, 10th, 27th October, But

Is anybody here who has OATH Scheduled in October 2009?? Please share your Oath Dates for October?

Regards,
MG

Mudita
I finished my interview successfully on 18th(Last Friday) and hoping to have my oath scheduled some time in Oct. I am expecting my oath letter any time now.
I will post my oath date once I receive the letter..

WishAllGood
I think there was a fairly large ceremony last week. Give it a few days and you should get your oath letter. Any reason you suspect your oath letter has an issue? I'm all for contacting USCIS when there is a problem, but when there is none you waste your time and waste the time of USCIS affecting other fellow applicants ;)

Huracan, I think you are right. Maybe the delay is due to IOs are all busy or maybe it's my name change issue (IO called me one week after to correct that). I went to infopass and found my case was approved yesterday and was ordered for oath date but not assigned yet. It really is a big relief. :p
Anyway, I would suggest who go to interview do remember to sign the final form printed out by the IO without the name change (if you have requested one) in case the IO forgot to mention they don't do that in San Jose.
I will post my oath date once I get it.

Congrat! immig_geek.

Last edited by a moderator:
took my oath today (09-24-09)......Done!

Scheduled time was 1:30PM but started at 2:20PM. It took some time untill everybody was in (some people came late). The entire process, once its started, took about 20 min. It was over by 2:40PM. There were about 100-150 people there (not including the guests).

Good luck to rest.

06/10/09 Mailed N400 – to Phoenix
06/11/09 Delivered to USCIS
06/15/09 Notice Date
06/16/09 Check Cashed
06/19/09 Received Receipt Notice
06/22/09 Received Fingerprint Notice
07/14/09 Fingerprint Date - Scheduled
07-27-09 Received Interview Letter
09-02-09 Interview (passed)
09-12-09 Recieved Oath Letter
09-24-09 Oath Date (Done)

Questions on FP

Folks, appreciate your inputs.
1) We live in Fremont. Does that come under the SF or SJ DO?
2) We have FP scheduled on 10/02 at the Oakland ASC. The Oakland ASC page seems to say "appointment only". For folks who did the walk-in FP, did you do it at the ASC or at the DO? Can we still do a walk-in at the ASC? If not, can we do it at SFO or SJ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

2) We have FP scheduled on 10/02 at the Oakland ASC. The Oakland ASC page seems to say "appointment only". For folks who did the walk-in FP, did you do it at the ASC or at the DO? Can we still do a walk-in at the ASC? If not, can we do it at SFO or SJ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

What's your zip code? I think you fall under San Francisco. I'm not sure about doing FP in San Jose ASC. Give it a try and let us know how it goes ;)

You belong to SF, you should check SF thread for your walk-in

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks

What's your zip code? I think you fall under San Francisco. I'm not sure about doing FP in San Jose ASC. Give it a try and let us know how it goes ;)

From the USCIS site, it seems to fall under SF which is puzzling as SJ is much closer. From folks in another thread it seems the FP can be done at offices other than the assigned ASC. Would help if folks who can done it could please shed some light on it.

Anyone faced this?

We (spouse and I) passed our interview on 9/11 but the IO said they cannot legally recommend us for Citizenship as it is not yet 5 years since GC was approved (we were 2 days short of 5 years).

Thus our status was "decision cannot be made". Hopefully, this is simply a procedural issue and things will move on ...

Personally, I cannot use Early and USCIS in the same sentence. Thought I would ask you all..

thanks,

mrm.

GC Date: 9/13/2004
N-400 PD: 6/24/2009
N-400 FP: 7/25/2009
N-400 ID: 9/11/2009 ---->> (2 days early)

=================

What happened in your case? I have a similar situation with ID being 10/29/2009 and GC date being 11/4/2004

I found that I have this issue too. My ID is 10/27/09 and my GC date is 10/29/04. So anyone can give some suggestion and explaination?

What happened in your case? I have a similar situation with ID being 10/29/2009 and GC date being 11/4/2004

From the USCIS site, it seems to fall under SF which is puzzling as SJ is much closer. From folks in another thread it seems the FP can be done at offices other than the assigned ASC. Would help if folks who can done it could please shed some light on it.

Local offices are assigned counties, and not zip codes / cities. SFO takes care of Alameda county.

San Jose office takes care of counties as South as Monterey as I recall, but unfortunately they start only from Santa Clara.

I found that I have this issue too. My ID is 10/27/09 and my GC date is 10/29/04. So anyone can give some suggestion and explaination?
officially, you are citizen only after oath.interview is not final approval.look at your letter,it just says"recommended for approval".
hope this helps.

I found the other forum that some one had oath on 9/28 at San Jose DO.
And the guy took the interview 2 days ealier than me only. Too bad I wasn't the lucky one. Still waiting for the oath letter after 18 days of interview.
Anyone else got OL lately? I wonder when will the oath ceremonies be for San Jose DO on October.

the Campbell heritage theatre is hosting Oath on Oct 29th and Nov 17Th
the Oath ceremonies are also scheduled in San jose Office on routine basis......
we all should get Oath letter pretty soon
From what i have seen here they do in batches....our's should be the same batch....
THanks

Thanks

Local offices are assigned counties, and not zip codes / cities. SFO takes care of Alameda county.

San Jose office takes care of counties as South as Monterey as I recall, but unfortunately they start only from Santa Clara.

sanjoseaug20, thanks for the reply. Yes, Fremont (Alameda county) is served by SF. From replies from helpful folks like you, in this thread and the SF thread, we did walk-in FPs just today morning at the SJ ASC. Thanks again.

I found the other forum that some one had oath on 9/28 at San Jose DO.
And the guy took the interview 2 days ealier than me only. Too bad I wasn't the lucky one. Still waiting for the oath letter after 18 days of interview.
Anyone else got OL lately? I wonder when will the oath ceremonies be for San Jose DO on October.
N400 DO: San Jose,CA
06/26/09 : N400 Mailed
07/24/09 : FP Done
08/09/09 : IL Received
09/16/09 : Interview Passed
10/03/09 : Oath Letter received
10/29/09 : Oath Date

Last edited by a moderator: