San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

My wife received the passport yesterday. Total of 10 days from the date of application including 2 weekends, i.e. just 6 business days. And this wasn't ( I repeat not) even expedited processing. We applied the passport on Fri 03/21. On Wed, she gets the email that her application has been received. Friday, another email saying that the passport has been mailed. Monday, she has the passport.

She hasn't received the naturalization certificate yet, but hopefully soon. You gotta agree, that is some super-fast processing. Perhaps, the DHS should learn something from the State Dept. ;)

IL not received

I am planning to move to a different State, TX I hope to get IL at least by June 2008,as per Immigration Officer, for a PD of July 27 2007. How does it effect the processing of N 400 for which FP done Oct 30 2007? Any idea.

:confused:

Hey gctocs,

are you saying that the Immigration Officer told you that for a PD of July 27, you should get your IL by June 2008??
How did you manage to talk to an Immigration Officer? Infopass?
I called the service center number twice, but just could not figure out what options to press to be able to talk to a live immigration officer.....

Anyone knows?

Interview experince SJ Centre

I had my interview this morning for both self and my wife. The whole process took less than 15 minutes. First Oath, and then she scanned the N400 form
and asked me a few questions on what I had filled.
A couple of cursive signatures, on a 2 sheets of paper, photographs...
Later she asked me to write a sentence in English "I came to San Jose for my interview".
Asked me to read a few lines...
Later she handed over a sheet of 10 questions for the History/Civics test.
All the questions were from the flash card PDF file which is on the UCIS webpage.
Later she said your application has been approved, and you will hear back from us
in 30-60 days from today.

Updating my time lines :-

07/10/07: Priority Date
09/27/07: FP Completed
02/11/08: IL Received Date
04/02/08: IL Scheduled Date
04/02/08: Interview completed

june 08

Hi AlwaysDelyed,
I booked infopass . I went in Early March 08, For PD Jul 27 07 I was Informed check it in May 08, in 2-3 months. I hope it shouldn't go beyond Nov 08. So far in SJ office I don't see anybody with July PD between 24 to 30 received IL, however some Nov PD guys got it. dont know how. I think, July End PD didn't begin to process yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello gctocs,

Are you sure that the Nov PD guys who got it are under the SJ office? They could be under the SF office which is faster.

Also, I think it depends on how complex our cases are. Mine is a little bit complex, in the sense that I have had a lot of trip outside US. But I have been very careful to make sure that I meet my physical and continuous presence requirements. But maybe they are calculating the days etc etc.

I guess if the file is not complex, it will go through to the next step a bit quicker.

Lets hope that we get called for our interviews after June 10th! :)) That would be super for me.

Got the Oath letter

I got my Oath letter this Monday (03/31). The Oath is at the Monterey office for April 25th.

Thanks,
Vinayak

PD: 06/01
FP: 08/21
Int: 02/26
Oath: 04/25 (scheduled)

Another question about the Interview.

Can I change the date of the Interview if the given date is not convenient for me? Is this a very complicated process and would delay things even more?

Can I change the date of the Interview if the given date is not convenient for me? Is this a very complicated process and would delay things even more?

You may request another interview date, but be ready to wait an extra few weeks to months depending on DO.

Hi AlwaysDelayed,

Better not to re schedule interview. It might trigger you another fingerprints. Give a second thought.

I got my Oath letter this Monday (03/31). The Oath is at the Monterey office for April 25th.

Thanks,
Vinayak

PD: 06/01
FP: 08/21
Int: 02/26
Oath: 04/25 (scheduled)

Congratulations!
You're the first June person to receive the OL.
So, there are at least three oath sessions in Apr then.
4/11, 4/24, 4/25

How inconvenient is it for you?
I would put interview as the highest priority.
Avoid everything that would change your position in the queue, which is getting longer and longer and moving slower and slower.

Wife (PD: June 4) got OL for May 2 Oath Ceremony at Monterey Hwy

Just wanted to inform that there seems to be an oath ceremony on May 2 also, my wife got her Oath letter yesterday for the same at Mon.
Myself with same PD still waiting. Hopefully should get it today/tomorrow.
-nitinkrsri

I have some trips planned abroad during May. So thats why....

But u r right. I should give first priority to the interview and finish it. So I might have to cancel my plans or re-organize them in case the Interview call does come.

Have folks with PD around June 4 got their Oath letters?

My wife's Oath letter came a few days back.
I am still waiting.
Has anyone got scheduled for a different oath date than their spouse when all dates (PD, ND, FP, ID etc) so far have been the same.
Should i find out why it is taking time?

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife's Oath letter came a few days back.
I am still waiting.
Has anyone got scheduled for a different oath date than their spouse when all dates (PD, ND, FP, ID etc) so far have been the same.
Should i find out why it is taking time?

Someone else had posted that their spouse didn't get the oath letter, but when they went to the oath with their spouse they inquired and to their surprise were registered for the oath. It seemed that the oath letter got lost in the mail or was never sent out by USCIS. Call USCIS and request to speak to an IO regarding the possible missing oath letter.
Also, was there anything said by the IO at your interview that would suggest a possible delay in obtaining your oath letter? (like "decision cannot be made at this time" on the interview document)

anyone submitted N-400 lately?

My timeline:

04/07/2008: Fedex'ed to CSC
04/08/2008: CSC received
04/09/2008: Check cashed

When should I expect to receive my notice and receipt?

Thanks in advance.:)