San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Interview Update

Hi Everyone,

Please see my signature for an update.
The thing that worries me :confused: ,is that my wife has not yet
received her Interview Letter.
Her EAC # is one number ahead of mine.
Can anybody guess, what could be happening?
During the FP notice, the mail man had accidently delivered my wife's FP letter to
another block in our apts, but the good samaritan came upto us
and gave the letter to us.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Please see my signature for an update.
The thing that worries me :confused: ,is that my wife has not yet
received her Interview Letter.
Her EAC # is one number ahead of mine.
Can anybody guess, what could be happening?
During the FP notice, the mail man had accidently delivered my wife's FP letter to
another block in our apts, but the good samaritan came upto us
and gave the letter to us.

Thanks

If the online case status for your wife has disappeared, then it could mean that she has also been scheduled for an interview. Otherwise, wait for a week and if you still haven't received her IL, then schedule an INFOPASS.

Hi Vodka,

I am close to you...10 days later..

Please post when you get IL

Take care
- Chips

Hi Chips,

I sure will. My PD is 03/07. Looking at above dates from "Padmanu", I should expect to receive IL by the end of the month or mid Sep for interview end of Oct/early Nov.

Pls post if you receive the IL as well.

Thanks.

Change of address after Citizenship interivew

Folks,
I successfully finished my citizenship interview last week. We are planning to move to a different place in Bay Area now.

What are the issues/potential timeline conflicts I am looking at here?

1) I got the hint from the Officer during the interview that I might be in for the Sep19th Oath. When is the earliest I can move to my new place?
Am I ok to move from my current place after I receive my oath letter?

2) Are there any other bindings of my current address with INS after the Oath.

3) I am planning to use my new address for the passport application. So all further corresponce can be to that address. I guess I just need my Naturalization certificate for appyling for passport. Do I need to provide any further proof of address like utility bill etc.

My application dates below.

02/28/2007 : Mailed to CSC
03/7/2007 : Notice/receive Date
05/09/2007 : FP Done.
??/??/???? : Interview Appointment
??/??/???? : Oath

Can some one let me know when can I possibly hope to get my interview appointment notification letter.

thanks in advance.

My application dates below.

02/28/2007 : Mailed to CSC
03/7/2007 : Notice/receive Date
05/09/2007 : FP Done.
??/??/???? : Interview Appointment
??/??/???? : Oath

Can some one let me know when can I possibly hope to get my interview appointment notification letter.

thanks in advance.

Your dates are almost same as mine. Pls see my last post for approx anticipated timelines

What is the meaning of case status dissapearing online?
Do we get any specific error/information messages while trying to query for the case?

Usually if the case status disappears it means that they are issuing an interview letter. No, there is no detail information. The status online is pretty useless, except that in quite a few cases the case status disappearing means you're going to get an interview letter soon.

PS: My oath ceremony is tomorrow, and my status online still says:
Case Status Retrieval Failed

The reason I ask is, I had a very intersting situation today. After I logged in, the message was "You are not authorized to view this status". I retried several times, and the message was same.

After some more time the status was back up again, I was just wondering (hopefull that moment) the status meant dissaperance.

Anyway does not matter now because the status is back again, so I think it was some temporary system glitch.

Good luck for your oath!! finally everything is going to be over for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Yes, it would look like a temporary glitch. I know that if you try to get status too many times in a short period of time, or enter too many wrong case numbers it disables your access for a while. My case status changed to case status retrieval failed when my interview letter was issued, and it has remained the same all the way until today. I am pretty sure it will be the same until the case is removed from the system at a later date.

Thanks. I'll post the experience as soon as possible. However, I expect to be busy in the evening getting the passport applications ready and the N-600 and making photocopies of documents :)

Good news for some I hope

I just called customer service because I moved from Bayarea to Maryland and while talking to her, she said that they are in the process of scheduling my interview (of course it is not helpful to me as I am moving and thats only going to create more delays for me) but those who are around my PD can expect something soon I suppose.

PD 03/21
ND 03/31 (I think) as I lost the receipt notice.