San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

happigal said:
She had her interview on Feb 1st 2007 and got her oath letter on Feb 4th 2007.
Thanks happigal. I had my interview on Feb 1st too but haven't got the oath letter yet. So, did she get to take the oath on 3/7?

newdawn said:
Feb 4th is a Sunday!

I know Feb 4th is a Sunday :rolleyes:

OK...so this is not my timeline.... This is based on someone else's information that they posted. Geesh...give me a break! If you are that concerned about this person's timeline (insead00), please go ahead and PM them about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ccc_mps said:
Thanks happigal. I had my interview on Feb 1st too but haven't got the oath letter yet. So, did she get to take the oath on 3/7?

Urhmmm....March isn't even here yet and I'm not a psychic. :D

From the timeline that the user posted...looks like his/her oath is set for March 7th.

-

i took an infopass today and the officer said that my interview is scheduled for 3/21 but the letter hasnt yet been mailed yet. Its strange that ppl who had their interviews after mine (1/24/07) have gotten into the 2/21 and 3/7 oath cermony slots.

mirchilal said:
i took an infopass today and the officer said that my interview is scheduled for 3/21 but the letter hasnt yet been mailed yet.

Hi mirchilal...you mean your oath is scheduled for 3/21 (not your interview as you've already done that on 1/24).

Not sure why you didn't get into the 2/21 oath ceremony. Strange....then again, who knows how USCIS system schedules things.

Don't worry...I'm sure you'll get the letter really soon. It looks like they usually mail it out a month before the actual oath. You'll most likely get your letter in about 2 weeks or so. :)

The silence on this thread is deafening...
Its taking so long for all our cases that we have no updates to share.

Isnt that sad? :(

sammySam said:

OK....I'll post :)

Tick Tok Tick Tok....count down initiated... T-8 days and counting...till oath :D :D :D

sammySam said:

The SF board seems to be moving fast. For a while (after looking at premo's case) it seemed that the SJ DO would distribute cases to other DOs like Sacramento to get things moving. But, that too seems to have stopped. We all pay the same fee at every DO - why then is this difference in processing speeds?
:confused:

Finished my interview today

THe officer went through my application with me. I had got married after I applied and so he noted my husbands details. I also quit my job last week, he noted that down as well. I passed my civics test and he gave me a piece of paper saying "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval."

He then told me to expect the oath letter in the next 3 months. I told him I have to be in India on April 14th to go to school for a year. HE said i will lose residency if I go for a year without my citizenship. I said I know, I wont go if I dont get my citizenship.

What does this mean? Does this mean that I passed and am getting my citizenship? SOme people on this forum have posted that the officer actually told them they are through. Mine didn't. My FBI check and fingerprinting passed. No problems there.

I wonder whats gonna happen... :(

CSC Courier Address

Hello Everyone,

What is the address for CSC to send by Fedex or other Courier.
I guess it is diffrent from the regular mailing address.

Thanks
Srinivasa

N-400

Timeline
Here are details of my N-400 status - SANJOSE (DO)

09/25/06 - Applied to CSC
09/27/06 - Receipt at CSC
09/29/06 - Check cashed
10/06/06 - NOA received
10/11/06 - FP notice date
10/31/06- FP Appt
10/17/06 - Actual FP done
ID ????????
OATH ????????

After Patiently waiting for over 12 weeks after my 1st Infopass appointment in Mid November I took another appt this afternoon.

The IO was extremely friendly and he asked me what question I had. I told him that I would like to know the status on my case.

He logged my information into the system and he told me that my case in waiting to be scheduled. I told him that the last time I saw him (NOV'06) he told me that I should be getting an Interview letter in 8 weeks. I asked him why the delay?

He took a few minutes and went and talked to his supervisor and he told me that something weird has happened. He said my file was sent to the local office(San Jose) in November and then the file was sent back to Laguna Niguel for no reason. He asked me a couple of times if I had moved. I said I live in the same address and I have not received any communcation since my FP notice.

The supervisor also came out and he asked me to fill an Inquiry form.I filled in all my details and handed it to the officer. He asked me to write down my cell phone number also. He told me that he had a similar case this morning and based on his inquiry with the Laguna Niguel office the wait time is approximately 3 months and asked me to come back after 3 months if I did not receive the Interview notice.

Just thought I would share it will the folks in the forum

samsung_adams said:
THe officer went through my application with me. I had got married after I applied and so he noted my husbands details. I also quit my job last week, he noted that down as well. I passed my civics test and he gave me a piece of paper saying "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval."

He then told me to expect the oath letter in the next 3 months. I told him I have to be in India on April 14th to go to school for a year. HE said i will lose residency if I go for a year without my citizenship. I said I know, I wont go if I dont get my citizenship.

What does this mean? Does this mean that I passed and am getting my citizenship? SOme people on this forum have posted that the officer actually told them they are through. Mine didn't. My FBI check and fingerprinting passed. No problems there.

I wonder whats gonna happen... :(

I think what he means if you go to India before taking the Oath you lose residency if stay out of US for a year.. Basically because you are still on Greencard. Even though you passed the interview you are not a citizenship until completed the Oath. And it was also mentioned that you not leave the county after getting the Oath until you have applied for and got a US passport.

Hi folks,

Just joined the forum. Seems like things are going slow on the list from a few previous responses. My app timeline is as follows :
N-400 timeline
DO : San Jose
02/03/2007 : Mailed to CSC
02/06/2007 : Priority Date (and Receive Date)
02/09/2007 : Check cashed
02/08/2007 : Notice Date (Received in the mail on the 16th)
??/??/2007 : FP Notice Date
??/??/2007 : FP Appointment
??/??/???? : Interview Appointment
??/??/???? : Oath

Am planning to go out of the country for May. I am hoping that falls between the FP and Interview appointments. what is the average time betn priority date and interview dates as far folks have been seeng these days. From my observation it has been abt 4 months ..

-Trishul

Hi folks,

Just joined the forum. Seems like things are going slow on the list from a few previous responses. My app timeline is as follows :
N-400 timeline
DO : San Jose
02/03/2007 : Mailed to CSC
02/06/2007 : Priority Date (and Receive Date)
02/09/2007 : Check cashed
02/08/2007 : Notice Date (Received in the mail on the 16th)
??/??/2007 : FP Notice Date
??/??/2007 : FP Appointment
??/??/???? : Interview Appointment
??/??/???? : Oath

Am planning to go out of the country for May. I am hoping that falls between the FP and Interview appointments. what is the average time betn priority date and interview dates as far folks have been seeng these days. From my observation it has been abt 4 months ..

-Trishul

Yes, i think minimum of 4 month from FP to get the IV letter is about right in case of SJ DO, unless they plan to shift the load to other DO's. (I saw one case in this forum the interview was held in Sacramento)

good response from customer service

Called custoemr service today to find out why i have not interview letter when its been 4 months now since my fingerprinting.
Lady was very helpful. Took all my info and told that she would send a note to USCIS and I should hear back from them within next 45 days...

Keeping my finger crossed :)