San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

I know this is not as exciting as getting an interview letter or better yet an oath letter, but today I could see that the checks have been cashed.
For the record it seems they deposited the check on Dec 5, 2006 and it cleared two days later with my bank on Dec 7.

The quality of the online photocopy is atrocious (my bank's fault). I was pretty much able to figure out the WSC$ number at the back of the check to later realize that this is not the case number. After reading some posts I found that the case number for me is some handwritten numbers in the front of the check. I have tried this and the case is still not online. I am not terribly surprised because I seem to remember that they add these cases in batches, and mine probably hasn't gone through.

I sent my application by regular mail on Nov 28, 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
Timeline

Rcv Date: Nov-7-2006
Chk Cashed: Nov-14-2006
Notice Date: Nov-14-2006
Received Receipt with Exception(missing evidence): Nov-18-2006
Received FP Notice: Nov-23-2006
FP Date: Dec 08 2006
(Had couple of match-warning on the fingers which the operator retook. For one finger, he ignored it. I told him that there was a match warning and he grunted. Hoping that there is no second FP notice).

immuser123 said:
(Had couple of match-warning on the fingers which the operator retook. For one finger, he ignored it. I told him that there was a match warning and he grunted. Hoping that there is no second FP notice).
There is nothing to worry about the "match warning". It only means that the finger print of the individual finger had some percent of mismatch with the finger print taken with all five fingers on the scanner. It does not mean that you had a match with the finger print of a criminal or something like that. :p

Got a new interview notice this week

Hello,
I got my second IL letter last Tuesday.

First IL Notice Date - Oct 17, 2006
First IL Deschedule Notice - Oct 18, 2006
First IL Date - Nov, 27, 2006

Second IL Notice Date - Nov 30, 2006
Second IL Date - Jan 22, 2006 (This is a million dollar question).

This is a sign of relief. Let us see until the interview is over. I am not counting anything until the interview is over (So much trust with USCIS).

This is a good sign for the applicants who received Interview Descheduled. USCIS is actively scheduling the descheduled applicants. Hopefully there is no more issues.

Good luck guys. I will post my update after my Interview.

Oath Letter

How many weeks (average) does it typically take after the interview is done? When is the earliest one can seek the Infopass to find out what is going on?

Timeline
--------
N-400 mailing date : 06/05/06
Fingerprinting date :July 5,2006
Interview date : Nov 15, 2006
Oath Date: ???

usc_sigma said:
How many weeks (average) does it typically take after the interview is done? When is the earliest one can seek the Infopass to find out what is going on?

Timeline
--------
N-400 mailing date : 06/05/06
Fingerprinting date :July 5,2006
Interview date : Nov 15, 2006
Oath Date: ???

Taking in consideration previous posts on this forum I'd say you should get your oath letter within 1-2 months after the interview. After that you can try infopass.

My N-400 Data

RD: 10/30/2006
PD: 10/30/2006
Check Cashed: 11/01/2006
ND: 11/03/2006
FP ND: 11/06/2006
FP: 11/25/2006
Waiting for Interview Notice ...

Dani said:
Taking in consideration previous posts on this forum I'd say you should get your oath letter within 1-2 months after the interview. After that you can try infopass.
I would say that the oath letter is typically received within 2 weeks of the interview. Any more delay are usually exception cases.

interview letter

Hello,
Yesterday I got the interview letter scheduled for Feb 07, 2007. But my online information still says last update 08/17.

My time lines are:

N-400 Application sent Aug 04, 2006
Priorty Date : August 08, 2006
FP Date : Sept 07, 2006
Interview date: Feb 07, 2007

takadigi said:
I would say that the oath letter is typically received within 2 weeks of the interview. Any more delay are usually exception cases.

In my case, Interview was done on 11/13/06 but still no oath letter ... has been a month :(

HangGliding said:
In my case, Interview was done on 11/13/06 but still no oath letter ... has been a month :(
I would strongly recommend you take an Infopass appointment to enquire what is going on.

traveling and waiting for interview notice

Guys, I had my FP done around end of Sep 2006, still waiting for the interview notice. Plan to travel oversea to meet family for 2 weeks
during christmas. I see some people receive their interview notice
pretty quick here (within 1 or 2 months), some take more than half a year
after FP. I guess it varies alot between each person. Questions are:

1. will 2 weeks oversea travel affect anything regarding to eligibility?
2. How likely is it to miss the interview? How long is it normally between the time interview letter is received and the time for actual interview?
3. SHould I schedule an infopass to ask the case status? or is it necessary.

Thanks alot and hope everyone good luck

Hi,

1. will 2 weeks oversea travel affect anything regarding to eligibility?

No.

2. How likely is it to miss the interview? How long is it normally between the time interview letter is received and the time for actual interview?

Not likely. USCIS will give you at least 1 -1,5 months to prepare for the interview. If USCIS will issue interview letter immediately, the actual interview will be conducted in mid-January (that's the earliest). But most likely you won't have an interview till February.

3. SHould I schedule an infopass to ask the case status? or is it necessary.

Mmmm... It's up to you. I wouldn't sweat about it yet. But I guess it won't hurt to check if the letter was issued.

Have a pleasant trip!

Interview for Self and spouse - same appt. date and time query

Fellow travellers,

I have a quick query - me and my spouse are scheduled to appear for interview and both have been given same appointment date and time for interview.

So are we going to be interviewed together or separately ? If separately, then how do we juggle original documents (like marriage cert. etc.) which we are supposed to carry for interview ?

Anyone here has had this exp. before ? Any suggestions how to tackle this situation will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ag

Dude,
Don't worry about it.

1. Marriage certificate
This is needed only if you are filing based on Spouse's citizenship.
This is not the case here as both are going for citizenship interview

2. Other documents
Your documents should be separate and should not be a overlap of your spouse's docs

3. Any issues of attending same time interview
You can mention the officer, your spouse is attending the interview. Take a copy of all documents with you or your spouse. Other can refer the spouse. If they need it, you can get the documents in 10-15 minutes after your spouse is done with the interview (which should be acceptable).

If there is any questions and still not convinced, take an infopass appointment.

HangGliding said:

My Time Line
==========

San Jose DO

05/08/2006 : Application Received
05/08/2006 : Priority Date
06/01/2006 : Finger Print Letter Received
06/09/2006 : Finger Print Done :cool:
10/02/2006 : Interview Notice Date :)
11/13/2006 : Interview Done As Scheduled :p
12/11/2006 : Still Not Received Oath Letter :eek:
12/12/2006 : Infopass Appointment :eek:
01/10/2007 : Oath Date :D as told by Immigration Officer at Infopass.

do you need current passport at the interview

i submitted my N400 application in Aug 2006, and based on some posts on this forum it seems that my interview will be around Feb-Mar 2007. my indian passport is going to expire in Feb 2007. i was told that you need to carry your passport to the interview - does the passport need to be current? or will my expired passport be ok too?

please advise.

my current timeline:
N400 receipt date: 8/23/2006
FP date: 9/21/2006
Interview date: ??
Oath date: ??

n400aug06 said:
i submitted my N400 application in Aug 2006, and based on some posts on this forum it seems that my interview will be around Feb-Mar 2007. my indian passport is going to expire in Feb 2007. i was told that you need to carry your passport to the interview - does the passport need to be current? or will my expired passport be ok too?

please advise.

With any administration, and especially with immigration, I would never show up for an appointment with any invalid document. They can give you hell for some tiny little things so I don't think that showing up with an invalid passport is a good idea :)